Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: TICKET LOTTERY FOR FAN APPRECIATION DAY AND REDSKINS-PATRIOTS JOINT PRACTICE SESSIONS NOW CLOSED

TK

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

July 25, 2014

TICKET LOTTERY FOR FAN APPRECIATION DAY AND

REDSKINS-PATRIOTS JOINT PRACTICE SESSIONS NOW CLOSED

RICHMOND, Va. – In response to a record number of Training Camp fan invitation registrations, the Washington Redskins announced a ticket lottery for Fan Appreciation Day on Aug. 2 and the Washington Redskins-New England Patriots joint practice sessions on Aug. 4-6. The Redskins received an average of nearly 18,000 entries for each of these four practice dates.

At this time, the deadline to enter the ticket lottery has passed.

Randomly selected fans will receive an e-mail on Saturday, July 26 with a link to a printable ticket with a unique bar code, which guarantees access to the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center on the date for which their name was drawn.

Each randomly selected fan will receive four (4) complimentary tickets which will guarantee access to the day of practice for which their name was drawn.

Each fan entering the gates, including children, must present their complimentary ticket prior to entry in order to guarantee access. Tickets are non-transferrable. Unauthorized transfers will be voided and all tickets in the group will be cancelled.

Fans without tickets will not be guaranteed access to Training Camp on these four practice dates. Admission will be limited based upon space and safety considerations. Fans with questions about the lottery process may call the Washington Redskins’ guest services department at 301-276-6068.

All fans may also visit the inaugural Washington Redskins Fit Fest at the Greater Richmond Convention Center on August 2-3. For details on this free, open-to-the-public event, visit www.redskins.com/fitfest.

As a reminder, all practice sessions other than the ones specified above do not require lottery entry. Fans are encouraged to sign up to attend training camp online at www.redskins.com/trainingcamp. This site is also home to the full training camp practice schedule.

Ya, I have mixed feelings about this now that the lottery has been implemented.

I know a couple people that pulled out because of it. This is only cool if people can experience it. I'm not against joint practices with other teams, and I understand they had to do this because there were too many people that wanted to come.

But it should not intefer with Fan appreciation day. That day is supposed to be for Redskins fans, not a Redskins-OtherTeam type event. F the Patriots.

But it should not intefer with Fan appreciation day. That day is supposed to be for Redskins fans, not a Redskins-OtherTeam type event. F the Patriots.

The Patriot practices don't start until 8/4. Fan Appreciation Day is 8/2 so it's still focused on just the Redskins and their fans.

The facility just can't handle 20,000 people for FAD and still be enjoyable. It was a mess. So they only guarantee 3,000 people in through the lottery and will let more I'm sure as they seem appropriate for space.

The Patriot practices don't start until 8/4. Fan Appreciation Day is 8/2 so it's still focused on just the Redskins and their fans.

The facility just can't handle 20,000 people for FAD and still be enjoyable. It was a mess. So they only guarantee 3,000 people in through the lottery and will let more I'm sure as they seem appropriate for space.

I'm sorry if it came across like my post signaled my frustration with the patriots practice coneciding with fan appreciation (as in same day).  For me, it's hard for me to look past the patriots pracitce happening two days later not having an effect on the now 20,000 people that want to get to fan apprecitation day.  If we do future joint practices we should try to have them seperated by at least a week to remove that as a variable.   

On second thought, I wonder since each winner in the lottery receives 4 tickets if they are counting on the attendance being locked around 12,000 or so.

I'm sorry if it came across like my post signaled my frustration with the patriots practice coneciding with fan appreciation (as in same day). For me, it's hard for me to look past the patriots pracitce happening two days later not having an effect on the now 20,000 people that want to get to fan apprecitation day. If we do future joint practices we should try to have them seperated by at least a week to remove that as a variable.

I see what you mean and yeah that would be ideal just to remove any possible scenarios like that if they can manage it in the schedule. I'm curious to see how these joint practices go and if it's something Gruden will look to continue in future years

You can't attend the joint practices without a ticket??

I'm pretty sure that the ticket is the only way to guarantee that you make it into the joint practices. They may let others in after ticket holders, if there's enough room.

I'm pretty sure that the ticket is the only way to guarantee that you make it into the joint practices. They may let others in after ticket holders, if there's enough room.

So if I drive all the way to Richmond, there's a chance I may not even get into the gates... damn

Maybe if they do this next year they should have you input how many tickets you want UPTO 4 tickets...

I am sure there are more then a few people that do not plan on using all 4 tickets, opening the lottery for a few more familys.

Just an Idea

They did that this year. Ironically, the cutoff wasn't 4 since I listed that I wanted 5 tickets just to see what happened. Not sure if that was actually used in any meaningful way or not. 

Sadly, I only received 4. 

Archived