Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MetaPicture: People Kept Complaining This Restaurant Sucked, Look What They Found Out…

China

People Kept Complaining This Restaurant Sucked, Look What They Found Out…

A famous restaurant in NYC decided to hire a firm to figure out why they kept getting bad reviews.  What this firm discovered is quite interesting.  Below is a transcript that the restaurant posted on Craigslist after they discovered what it was...

Click on the link for the rest

Edit:  after further research it appears this story was made up...

I don't know if I buy it.  After all, they are claiming these people took four minutes to take pictures of their food.  What are they doing, resetting the lights and getting the perfect angles, adjusting shadows and photo editing?  Some of the times seem exagerated.  Now, I do believe that the lag time between being seated and ordering has grown immensely, but some of that seems unlikely.

I don't know if I buy it.  After all, they are claiming these people took four minutes to take pictures of their food.  What are they doing, resetting the lights and getting the perfect angles, adjusting shadows and photo editing?

They have to post it to 4 or 5 sites, while taking and sending texts in between!

Note: since China said it's made up, it may not be an honest "article", but all that stuff happens. And heaven forbid something gets spilled on their precious device that shouldn't be on a table full of drinks anyway.

/rant

Okay, that makes sense... if the time includes uploading to FB, Twitter, Instagram, Pintererest, etc. then maybe it isn't so much of an exageration.  That may speak to my own obsolecence.  I've only once or twice taken a pic of me with my friends at a restaurant and it took all of fifteen seconds.

I believe that this stuff happens.  The time feels exaggerated to me like they aren't presenting the averages, but the outliers.

Well, they are presenting it as facts... when you give time stamps, you are suggesting a behavioral duration study, but I agree that it smells of BS.

It's scary how the internet has ruined peoples ability to discern between fact and fiction. They always present things as fact, and they reel em right in LOL.

Cell phone haters.

The responses in this thread are amusing.

This is a made up **** fest about Americans who use cell phones.  An attack on the technology population of America.  It has nothing to do with dining.

What it has to do with is people who don't realize there is a time and place for everything, and consideration for others.

This scenario albeit fake, happens all the damn time. I see it in my little area of the world that's not a tourist attraction. People taking pictures of their food (seriously...are you that damn important that you need to post on whatever social media you choose what you are eating...), they delay the wait staff probably to inflate their own false sense of self importance, they hold up the people who are at the restaurant to eat, and then they have the balls to actually complain when a server isn't right at their table when they are finally ready...

I know that we are all about our technology now, hell, I'm on my phone all the time checking work emails, but seriously...there's a time and place for everything, and the dinner table..... NOT the time or place for the phone.

....rant over ;)

Create an app that allows you page the waiter when you need something. Make it such that when the waiter logs your order in, the app at the table recognizes what you are drinking and you can order refills with the click of a button. Want your check? Click the button. Want the server? Page them.

Yeah, there's no way I'm going to believe people are self absorbed phone addicts.

there's no proof of it.

except this internet thing that is filled up to the brim with self absorbed bull**** posted on phones 24 hours of every single day. 

I can't wait for lunch so i can see what everyone is eating.

~Bang

I don't think people hate cell phones. But if my wife pulled out her phone and was on it, texting, browsing, shopping, taking pictures, etc., while we were out to dinner... I would leave her there.

As X states, there is a time and place. Excuse yourself from the table if something is so very important at that moment.

What it has to do with is people who don't realize there is a time and place for everything, and consideration for others.

I'm out of likes, (argh!) thanks for that post.

It's not a hatred of tech, it's an honest attempt by servers to turn their tables, and serve as many folks as possible...you know, that weird thing we do called "trying to make more money".

Thank you chipwich for revealing what China revealed in the OP

Anywho, I'm not a big fan of cell phones but I've made my peace with them. It's just the way it is, you'd have more luck shouting down the shaft of an abandoned mine than getting people to change their cell phone habits

Adapt, overcome, and stfu. Thanks in advance

Create an app that allows you page the waiter when you need something. Make it such that when the waiter logs your order in, the app at the table recognizes what you are drinking and you can order refills with the click of a button. Want your check? Click the button. Want the server? Page them.

Solution...tell your server everything you need at one time. When they ask "how is everything" ?, you tell them you need A,B,C, and D. Instead of running them around everytime they bring something to the table you shouldn't have to ask for something else.

Who in the heck wants to see their server on the phone all the time instead of taking care of business. Most nicer restaurants don't even allow the server to use their phones at work.

I don't believe this at all.

18 of 45 customers ask to be reseated?  That's 40% of their customers.

26 of 45 take picture of their food? That's ~55% of their customers.

27 of 45 ask for a group picture? That's 60% of customers.

These numbers just don't smell right to me.  If these issues were that widespread, we'd be seeing these things happen around us all the time when we dine out.

I'm sure there are phone addicts that are horribly painful to deal with as a waiter/waitress, but I can't fathom that the problem is this widespread. 

This is the problem. Not the solution.

Archived