Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has Alfred Morris Become Elite?

The Bounty Hunter #21

If he has over 1,100 yards, doesn't fumble too often and

either

a )  catches over 20 passes

b ) he 'Skins make the playoffs

he will push his way into the "top 5" discussion.

If he has over 1,300 yards, doesn't fumble too often and both a and b from above, we can start talking about Alfred as potentially being one of the best ever.  Of course, he would need to continue for a full six - ten year career. 

That would be awesome.  Alfred going into the HOF 3 years before Robert - A man can dream!!!!

HTTR

I say "yes". Some people are unfairly pushing the Shanahan running back myth which is unfair to Morris. The numbers he generated, the tackles he broke, and the plays he made count. There's a reason he is succeeding. He's not Adrian Pterson, but he may be or be better than an Eddie George.

This year will be telling, but to generate those numbers behind that line and so many backfield hits should be acknowledged.

Not yet, but he'll get there. I would only define a few RB's in the league right now as elite (AP, Charles, McCoy, Lynch). He's definitely heading that way and is definitely worthy of discussion. It's just in my opinion that a player can't be labeled as elite only 2 years in the league.

I think that yes, he IS elite.

But I don't think he gets the title (or deserves it) for another 2-3 years.

If he has 5 years, doing what he's already done for two, he'll deserve the title.

I just don't think it's possible to be considered "elite", based on two seasons.

Fred?

I think he's very good. To be elite, he has to score more touchdowns.

I think he's a top 5 guy right now.  If he consistently does that, he is certainly elite.

I remember the thread trying to give Alfred a nickname.  When I saw 'Fred', some thoughts of Fred Sanford and Al Mo's junk car ran through my head.  I'm sure there's a nickname in that scenario, I'm just too lazy to look for it. :)

Not yet elite but criminally underrated.

My sentiments exactly. Two thousand yard seasons in his first two years in Washington and he's hardly getting any press, but I don't know if you can call a guy elite this early in his career.

He's well on his way, though.

Here's hoping for another thousand yard season on a first place team.

I think a lot of folks leave him out of the elite list because he isn't splashy.

He's spectacularly solid.

But he doesn't run away from guys that often, or stretch a 20 yard run into a 60 yard TD.

So, it's hard to put him in the elite class when he can't break big plays.

That said, I think he's about as good a back in the NFL.

And he's my favorite person on the team.

I don't think any player can be considered elite after just two seasons unless he's AP or has like two-2k yard seasons in a row or something. I think "elite" is thrown around a little too often but Morris is close. I think if he has another season like his rookie season this year, he will be considered one of the few elite rbs in the game.

I think he is an elite back. Concerning touchdowns I am wondering how many totes did he get in the redzone compared to the others.

The game against Chicago, Morris had close to a 100 rushing.  But every time we got near the endzone, they put Helu in.  I was pissed.  Helu had 3 rushing TDs less than 5 yards out while Al carried the work load.  You got to reward your work horse by putting him in the redzone formations. 

Then a couple of weeks later against San Diego, Morris racks up 121 yard and a TD.  But every time we got inside the 5 yard line, we ran the full back sneak with Young 3 times and he scored every time. Granted, they ran it because it was effective but I'm sure if they loaded Morris back there he would have easily made it in the endzone too.  

That's two 3 rushing TD games that we gave away to a different back. 

That means Al Mo would have lead the NFL with 13 rushing TDs.  Those damm Shanahans, haha. 

My sentiments exactly. Two thousand yard seasons in his first two years in Washington and he's hardly getting any press, but I don't know if you can call a guy elite this early in his career.

He's well on his way, though.

Here's hoping for another thousand yard season on a first place team.

1,000-yard seasons are nothing these days. That was impressive under a 14-game schedule.

As for him being elite: definitely not. You don't become elite in two seasons.

McCoy, Charles, Peterson. Those are examples of elite RBs.

1,000-yard seasons are nothing these days. That was impressive under a 14-game schedule.

As for him being elite: definitely not. You don't become elite in two seasons.

McCoy, Charles, Peterson. Those are examples of elite RBs.

So no one can be elite after two seasons?  Including quarterbacks?

As long as Bob is here, Fred won't get the elite status as easily as some RB's who are the only talent on their offense/team.

Did anybody else have to read that two or three times to figure out who he was talking about?

Archived