Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pay Attention :-)

TK

Lately we've had an influx of members who are using the Report Post function wrong. 

Use this function ONLY to report a Rule violation, NOT to complain about someone that enters a thread with a different viewpoint that you don't agree with.

For those that continue to abuse this function & can't seem to grasp this simple concept, we'll just make OUR lives & free time better by helping you on your way. :)

Can this thread turn into a bulletin board for when members get banned for violating this rule?

Example:

Bad example. We never have that problem with Larry because he knows what the **** he's doing. :)

And that Rule, also Grasshopper, isn't what you think it means.

Smartass less. Comprehend more. :)

Should have said call out post. Basically meant that I used Larry as an example because it would be clear to everyone that it was a joke. Zero smart ass intended. 

Serious question.

There isn't a way to report posts on mobile, correct? The check mark on the top right of every post is the "like" button (which is currently functional) as I understand.

Now, on to the jokes...

Wasn't planning on reporting anyone. I always thought that the mods were just that observant and thorough to pick up on rule violations. Turns out, we just have a board full of jerks.

Serious question.

There isn't a way to report posts on mobile, correct? The check mark on the top right of every post is the "like" button (which is currently functional) as I understand.

Now, on to the jokes...

Wasn't planning on reporting anyone. I always thought that the mods were just that observant and thorough to pick up on rule violations. Turns out, we just have a board full of jerks.

Yeah, in all the years I've been on here I don't think I've ever reported anybody.  I've PMed a few, but mostly as a check if I thought I went over the line.  I figure especially in the Tailgate things can get a little hot, but that it's almost never personal.  That said, there are a few folks that I wasn't upset to see get bonked by the ban hammer.

Yeah, in all the years I've been on here I don't think I've ever reported anybody. I've PMed a few, but mostly as a check if I thought I went over the line. I figure especially in the Tailgate things can get a little hot, but that it's almost never personal. That said, there are a few folks that I wasn't upset to see get bonked by the ban hammer.

Nailed it, I know I'm not the perfect poster, but I know if I screw up, the mods here are on point. I don't agree with all of their personal views, but I respect them, because they express it correctly, or they lay the smack down with sarcasm that you have to appreciate.

Poker, given I'm at low-tolerance for self-indulgent nonsense and have decreasing interest/time/energy in "sharing" details of, or "explaining" board management---which I don't have to do but believe it or not I do it because i think it's better for the membership)--I was thinking we may offer an updated version for 2014---"Homicide by Mod."  :P

Ideath-dealer-02.jpg

So do we have an affirmative duty to report rule violations when we see them? That would be pretty fun. You could can banned for (1) violating a rule (2) reporting a post that is not truly a violation because you were afraid that you would get banned for not reporting it, or (3) remaining silent after witnessing a violation and being caught at the scene of the crime via a screenshot or some other record keeping method.

Man my head is about to explode here. Freaking out. Do I report myself now for freaking out? I will check the rules.

So do we have an affirmative duty to report rule violations when we see them? That would be pretty fun. You could can banned for (1) violating a rule (2) reporting a post that is not truly a violation because you were afraid that you would get banned for not reporting it, or (3) remaining silent after witnessing a violation and being caught at the scene of the crime via a screenshot or some other record keeping method.

Man my head is about to explode here. Freaking out. Do I report myself now for freaking out? I will check the rules.

It's not a duty, just a traditional request for membership support since well before you joined. But like anything else, it's only useful if done with half a clue in knowing the rule you're reporting and having zero personal issues attached to the matter.

But you shouldn't sweat it. You're a known quantity ("tries to be funny-weird but is just weird"  :P). I do notice you already have your full compliment of warning points under the new software, not even counting a couple missteps from previous times. It's actually typical you'd still call attention to yourself--the lemming in you is strong.  :D 

But you're still running around and still just being a random but usually good-natured doofus  :lol: because of valid reasons on our end.

Which of course could change. :blink:   :ph34r:

Folks should rest assured, usually the staff (and usually many of the membership) is quite happy when anyone of the type who feels their youneek kosmik keyboard kontent is being intolerably stifled by the board's oppressive rules of operation and its golem staff, simply leaves.

It means less typing on our end.

(one of the many ole smileys i miss is the two guys clinking beer mugs  :()

Yup TEG, on ES I allow myself horrific self-indulgence in parenthetical phrasing, comma abuse, smiley promiscuity, quotation mark gluttony, and many another editor's bane known well to those who write, errr, I mean type (curse keyboards for all eternity). I vow to continue to lower the "forum writing quality" curve with steadfast vigor.  :P

The smiley thing really does crack me (and those who have long known me) up, as we stand equally amazed that I am such a "smiley guy."  :lol:

Archived