Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Russell Wilson files for divorce

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10829357/russell-wilson-seattle-seahawks-files-divorce-wife

russell-wilson-wife-ashton-meem.jpg

Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson released a brief statement Wednesday saying he has filed for divorce from his wife, Ashton.

"I have made the difficult decision to file for divorce," Wilson stated. "Clearly, decisions like these don't come easy.

"Ashton and I respectfully ask for prayers, understanding and privacy during this difficult time. Moving forward, I will have no further comment on this personal matter."

She's on the market again, gentlemen lol...

For fun, I'll go to rumor/gossip sites and I heard that RW was getting his cheat on, and likes them blonde and thin.  I also heard she's kind of crazy. 

I hate saying this, but this is brilliant on his part.  Imagine, if he already knows things are on the outs, or he just wants to hit as much blonde strange, he's getting out on his rookie deal.  They can't impute future possible income in alimony (if it shouldn't even be granted at their young age) or anything else.

For all of you all that think someone's inherent corniness means they aren't getting their 'misdeeds on' let this be a lesson to you.

Could you all imagine the media **** storm if this was RGIII divorcing his wife?

And the crazy part about it is, I heard this girl and Wilson were like highschool sweethearts and she even transferred colleges to be with him. Eagerly similar to RG3.....you never know what fame will do at extreme levels.

She must have tried to eat his dog or something....

Honestly, if I were an athlete I would wait until my career is over to get married. Too much temptation, and too much opportunity. With the way the world is today, I'd never tell a 20-21 year old to get married. Enjoy your life.

I mean if its true love or whatever, then I guess I can understand that, but with a lot of marriages, things can change at the snap of the finger once big time money/fame is brought into the equation, or simply living together under the same roof and discovering new things about your wife/husband that you didn't know earlier.

Russ is a good looking guy, and shouldn't have any problems. Seattle is full of hotties.

My cousin played OT at NC State when Russell was there. He is a huge NC State guy and still really likes Russell, no bad blood, but yeah. From what he's said going back to when Russell was drafted this isn't at all surprising.

He said Russell is a man whore and cheated on her all the time at State. And she knew about it. Said he loves Russell to death as a friend but his good guy, religious persona is about as real as Pam Anderson's rack. He was saying this stuff way back when Russell was at Nebraska and a nobody on Seattle's depth chart. Don't think he'd lie about it. Plus, their are tons of similar rumors of the same nature about his lifestyle and cheating ways.

Russell is just cutting the cord before he gets paid the big bucks and she cleans him out.

My cousin played OT at NC State when Russell was there. He is a huge NC State guy and still really likes Russell, no bad blood, but yeah. From what he's said going back to when Russell was drafted this isn't at all surprising.

He said Russell is a man whore and cheated on her all the time at State. And she knew about it. Said he loves Russell to death as a friend but his good guy, religious persona is about as real as Pam Anderson's rack. He was saying this stuff way back when Russell was at Nebraska and a nobody on Seattle's depth chart. Don't think he'd lie about it. Plus, their are tons of similar rumors of the same nature about his lifestyle and cheating ways.

Russell is just cutting the cord before he gets paid the big bucks and she cleans him out.

So what you're saying is, he fits right in at Seattle...team filled with and led by jerks

Edit: didn't know the word I used wasn't censored....lol

any chance this is preemptive so she won't be due part of his soon to come new contract?

Considering the reality of his actions even in college, this is absolutely positively preemptive.  At least they don't have kids, and she wouldn't "deserve" half or 2/5 of his stuff, even with their long history if he had signed a new contract.  I'm sure he liked her, otherwise why not pick someone else, except maybe she was the only one who would tolerate frequent cheating without complaint. 

Really the NFL in general. Lol

Yeah I'm thinking the percentage of dudes that cheat on their wives/girlfriends is pretty high in pro sports, so I'm not really going to demonize anybody.

But I do laugh at the pedestal people put athletes (and generally anyone in the public/mainstream eye) on, as if people are actually perfect, and don't do shady ****

My guess... His wife was giving him nightmares waking him up in the middle of the night with that look on her face like the chick from The Ring after looking into the tv set.

Worthless without pictures.

Anyway, reminds me of the Paul Hogan aka Mick Dundee AKA Crocodile Dundee fame.Made a movie dumped his wife and married his good looking co-star.

For fun, I'll go to rumor/gossip sites and I heard that RW was getting his cheat on, and likes them blonde and thin.  I also heard she's kind of crazy. 

I hate saying this, but this is brilliant on his part.  Imagine, if he already knows things are on the outs, or he just wants to hit as much blonde strange, he's getting out on his rookie deal.  They can't impute future possible income in alimony (if it shouldn't even be granted at their young age) or anything else.

For all of you all that think someone's inherent corniness means they aren't getting their 'misdeeds on' let this be a lesson to you.

Divorce lawyers always see through this, unless there is something I do not understand and full admission I am not a lawyer. In cases where one spouse makes a lot more money then the other one it's been known that attorneys will go after future earnings for the other partner in damages. Bolded part has me believing there is something to this that I don't know and you do so could you please enlighten me as to why he is safe from that? Honestly not that I care, I went through a divorce myself after 12 years of marriage and know there are good reasons for divorce sometimes and it's his business

Yeah I've told people in the past that guy is going to be an excellent politician after he's out of the NFL.

I like his game and respect what he does, but I'm not oblivious to the fact that every aspect of this guy's personality is 100% calculated and image completely manfactured.

Archived