Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Awesome or Geektastic--- Live encounter with the Animaniacs and R2D2

Burgold

This is a thread where you'll either think COOL! or NEERRRD!

So, I went to Awesome Con today (think a smaller version of Comic Con).  There were rows of comics, graphic novels, dodads, and tchokas galore.  There were a bunch of celebs from Dr. Who, The Walking Dead, Firefly and more... but what I had a blast doing was yacking with some of the robot techs from the R2 builders who brought along their droids.

I even took a picture of me "interviewing" R2D2.  Looking inside the circuitry and playing with R2D2 was a lot of fun as was talking with comic book artist George Perez and writer Joe Harris.  I even yacked with a guy who's been drawing cartoons for playboy for over 50 years.  I guess the biggest brush I had was with Sean Astin (Goonies, Lord of the Rings), but I had a hell of lot more fun yacking with the voice over artists of Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs, and Futurama... they were really in the mood to go at it and just joke and goof and do the voices.

It was great.  Not sure how to put the pics in here, but if y'all do facebook... I put up the one of me inteviewing R2.

Fun to be silly.

Any of you have some good encounters to share... something that you think is cool, but others might lift an eyebrow at?

https://www.facebook.com/tonya.bennett.391/posts/10203134026003929?comment_id=7385222&offset=0&total_comments=5&ref=notif&notif_t=feed_comment_reply#!/photo.php?fbid=485019454932472&set=a.188272387940515.29205.100002732660611&type=1&theater&notif_t=like

Archived