Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Griffin III Gets Back To Basics In Arizona

Yeah I'm definitely hyped about our offense but still need a couple pieces on defense and that's what the draft is for. If a couple of our draft picks can make a good impact during training camp and preseason we can contend. I like what direction we are going from free agency. We picked up a few vets to mentor our young guys and we picked up some players to fill those wholes enough to have a full squad ( we need a Right Tackle tho).

Yeah I'm definitely hyped about our offense but still need a couple pieces on defense and that's what the draft is for. If a couple of our draft picks can make a good impact during training camp and preseason we can contend. I like what direction we are going from free agency. We picked up a few vets to mentor our young guys and we picked up some players to fill those wholes enough to have a full squad ( we need a Right Tackle tho).

I'm not gonna worry a whole lot about RT for the moment. If the Skins were that worried about the spot pre-draft they could have locked up Ryan Harris pretty easily. They'll probably wait for the draft, see what happens from there.

After June 1, they'll make some moves and get their cap space up to about the 7 to 10 million range as they get closer to the season. It will give them some room to do some things. Even if it is a trade that includes a pick, it won't be on this years draft.

If a guy like Ward falls into their lap at #34, they can grab him and try getting a tackle a little later on (trade, FA or otherwise). If they get their RT @ #34, they can work on getting a Safety later (trade, FA or otherwise). Draft is fairly deep at LB for what the Redskins really need there. They need a couple of corners fairly soon but not in a panic. Yet.

Look, Skins have a LOT of holes...aren't gonna fill them all this year. Plug the major leaks and keep the ship from sinking. 

I agree with what has been said on the current status.

On O they look solid; even at RT we won't know until pre-season if Compton can fill in and at our 2nd round pick position they can get a RT if a good one is available.

With the D I see more of a draft for the future, and there is nothing wrong with that. Maybe a future CB with the 2nd round pick. ILBs and Safety prospects farther down.

I could be wrong but that is the way I see it, at least until pre-season, based on the FAs we signed.

I think that JG likes big guys on the line, both sides of it because he knows that it takes less skill and speed at each position is you're 20 pounds up on the opposing player but most of these guys are pretty good and unless a really top rated player slips, the Skins will pickup an O-lineman with their first pick, preferably someone who can shift positions, after that, they go Secondary. The corners were consistently beat last year but in fairness to them, the schemes used often drew them out of position. The opposing offence's were able to quickly learn the five basic coverage packages and simply left a "back door" whether it be a weak-side run or dump to the #3 read. Hopefully, the DC will be able to get enough pressure from at least one end and a stuff up the middle to effectively shut down the deep threat. That would play into the skill-sets of the corners on the team because several lack burner speed. Like all of us, I'm excited about the upcoming season and while we all enjoy playing armchair coach, it's really just to kill time till the fun begins!

erad

HAIL ERADICATOR!

You said..."the Skins will pickup an O-lineman with their first pick, preferably someone who can shift positions, after that, they go Secondary."

I wholeheartedly think the same thing. Although I don't really care if he can shift positions. We have enough guys who can move around. I want a guy (preferably a RT) who's played that position all his football life. I don't want to draft a C or a G just to have him learn how to play T in the NFL, we don't have time for that. Whichever position we draft for, we need an instant starter.

Off hand I can't remember how many picks we have this year or in what rounds, but I'm totally OK if we use our remaining picks on D, in particular the secondary. I think we're pretty set on the D-line as well as LB.

HTTR!!!

CF4L

Off hand I can't remember how many picks we have this year or in what rounds, but I'm totally OK if we use our remaining picks on D, in particular the secondary. I think we're pretty set on the D-line as well as LB.

HTTR!!!

Six picks, rounds 2-7. One pick per round. That's how it stands at the moment.

Hail :excl:

Archived