Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone have a good experience/recommendation for a DMV moving company?

RonArtest15

I sold my house back in March.  I don't go to closing for my new place until early May.  That being said, I have a TON of stuff in storage that I need to get moved to my new place.  After handling the move on my own, I vowed to myself to NEVER do it again.  Saying I was stressed and overworked is a complete understatement.  In one regard, I'm glad I did handle it on my own because I'll NEVER think about trying to save a few bucks by doing it again.  I'm going to hire people from here on out.  That being said, does anyone have an recommendations for a good moving company who can get stuff out of storage to a different address?  Thanks!

I'm not sure if they're in DC, but I've used "Two Men and a Truck" in both Detroit and Chicago, and had good experiences.

If you're just having them pick up stuff from a storage unit and move it to your place, then this should be fine.

The place where moving companies have the most opportunities to scam you is when they are hired to pack stuff up, or when they do interstate moves.  For the former, they can grossly overcharge you on packing materials, so you're best off packing as much of your own stuff as possible, especially fragile items and clothes.  For the latter, there are some interstate commerce issues and taxes must be paid based on the weight of the truck.  Because of that, they have the opportunity to try to extract more money out of you and hold your stuff until you pay up.

Archived