Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Redskins Morning Clips: 4/11

Let's get it going in this lull period while we wait for the draft and pre-season, what are some of your predictions?

I predict - given no major injuries the O will be potent, RG3 will regain his 1st year swagger, and the D will rise to the occasion resulting in a 14-2 season.

You know, I just don't think that Griff will ever be back to the form he had in 2012. Basically his tools have been exposed as subpar....inept as a pocket passer, stares down his target the whole way through his route, footwork makes him miss his target(that happened in 2012 also) and doesn't and won't run as well with or without the brace. Defenses have learned to shadow him in case he breaks out of the pocket(which he does many times prematurely) and they like to hit him and hit him hard because he can play foolishly trying to get a few more yards on the run. Doesn't necessarily mean that he can't be effective but until he becomes a better qb we won't improve as a offensive team.

Outside of bringing in 2 ProBowlers it's difficult to assess whether these roster changes are better or we are just trading used cars....you don't know what you got till you drive them a while.

man - I agree RG3 has some things to learn, but in his 3rd year he is still inexperienced for a QB and the disappointing 2013 season gives him all the incentive he needs to learn. If I had to pick the 1 thing he really needs to learn it would be the Fran Tarkenton method of running to gain time and keep from getting hit that ends with a quick fall down before the D could lay a hand on him - that is the way to get away from his injury problems. Colt McCoy would also benefit from that strategy.

You are right on target with the - you don't know what you got till you drive them a while. It will be pre-season for we get around to having any idea, but do you have any brave predictions on the 2014 season record?

man - I agree RG3 has some things to learn, but in his 3rd year he is still inexperienced for a QB and the disappointing 2013 season gives him all the incentive he needs to learn. If I had to pick the 1 thing he really needs to learn it would be the Fran Tarkenton method of running to gain time and keep from getting hit that ends with a quick fall down before the D could lay a hand on him - that is the way to get away from his injury problems. Colt McCoy would also benefit from that strategy. You are right on target with the - you don't know what you got till you drive them a while. It will be pre-season for we get around to having any idea, but do you have any brave predictions on the 2014 season record?

I say we don't win the Division. Anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 record. We all have to be cautious because of the injury bug....even though we seem to be gathering some depth. Right now we are kicking the tires, need some real games with the 22 or so starters on the field to know how this motor will run.

Geez, I think that's the first car analogy I've used for football.

I say we don't win the Division. Anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 record. We all have to be cautious because of the injury bug....even though we seem to be gathering some depth. Right now we are kicking the tires, need some real games with the 22 or so starters on the field to know how this motor will run.

Geez, I think that's the first car analogy I've used for football.

I'd be ecstatic at 9-7 actually, 7 or 8 wins would be good enough to say OK, they're driving in the right direction. And crossing the finish line @ 9-7 in this division is a possible champ. 

First step, beat your division rivals. Six games every year, you know you are going to play, you pretty much who they are so you do have a degree of control in building & preparing for those. Turds last year finished @ 8-8 but were 5-1 in the division otherwise they were not much better than a 6 win team. If the Skins had done that, they would have finished at 8-8. OK, still not great, but compared to 3 wins...Zero, zip, nada wins in the division is unacceptable.

Come on Guys! I was trying to be controversial as possible, possibly getting a firestorm of arguments that would bring the house down.haha!

I believe we should get an easier schedule because of our record.....we'll see, nothing has been easy for the Redskins since the early 90's.

I say we sweep the Cowturds. Jason Hatcher or Rak puts a helmet in Romo's back and ends his career, signaling for Brandon Weeden to comein and carry the Torch of Interceptions. We split with the Eagles and Giants

@ man, take a wild guess and give us your projections for the final regular season record.I am way more optimistic than the others, but given what we know anybody could be right, it is just a best guess based on how they have done so far in upgrading at this point; but it will keep the conversation going with a little controversy thrown in.

I take back the previous post, I see you actually did give your projections. We have a 9-7, 8-8, & 14-3 which averages to 10-6. I will take it.

Come on Guys! I was trying to be controversial as possible, possibly getting a firestorm of arguments that would bring the house down.haha!

I believe we should get an easier schedule because of our record.....we'll see, nothing has been easy for the Redskins since the early 90's.

I say we sweep the Cowturds. Jason Hatcher or Rak puts a helmet in Romo's back and ends his career, signaling for Brandon Weeden to comein and carry the Torch of Interceptions. We split with the Eagles and Giants

Record only impacts 2 games now. So the place we finish has little impact on the schedule. Here is my early prediction, holding the right to adjust depending on the draft/injuries/TC cuts and just plain being wrong. Here are the teams we play (W/L):

Home: Dallas (W), NY Giants (W), Philadelphia(L if early in the season), St. Louis (W), Seattle(L - Good grief I hate saying this…), Jacksonville (W), Tennessee (W), Tampa Bay (W)

Away: Dallas (W if late to counter Philly at home early), NY Giants (L), Philadelphia (L), Arizona (L), San Francisco (L), Houston (W), Indianapolis (L), Minnesota (W)

That's 3-3 in the div. 6-2 at home: 3-5 away for a total of 9-7 and 2nd in the Div. We stay home to a 10-6 Giants team who gets bounced in the 1st game! Just my first instinct. Philly gets figured out and falls to 7-9 with people calling for kellys head and dallast at 5-11 with jerruh firing garrett. 

Record only impacts 2 games now. So the place we finish has little impact on the schedule. Here is my early prediction, holding the right to adjust depending on the draft/injuries/TC cuts and just plain being wrong. Here are the teams we play (W/L):

But doesn't our record dictate whether we play at home against the better teams?

But doesn't our record dictate whether we play at home against the better teams?

Don't bet on it. 2011; Skins go 5/11. 2012 the catch the Saints (13-3 div champ 2011) & the Steelers (12-4 tied for lead in their division) as road games. Did beat the Saints on opening day though. The other three non-division road games were fair enough losing only to the Rams - something they seem to do with regularity. 

I think they are due for the AFC South this year so hopefully that means hosting Indy & the Titans. But like I said, don't book it just yet.

Any of you guys read that Blog by a NFL Scout on Saturday that was posted on Hog Haven. It went into depth about 4 items...the 1st one being RG3's ability to bounce back and inability to read defenses, etc. blah blah. Must have really hit a nerve because yesterday it was no longer available, must have been taken down. It was inflammatory to say the least.

Any of you guys read that Blog by a NFL Scout on Saturday that was posted on Hog Haven. It went into depth about 4 items...the 1st one being RG3's ability to bounce back and inability to read defenses, etc. blah blah. Must have really hit a nerve because yesterday it was no longer available, must have been taken down. It was inflammatory to say the least.

I tried that link from one of your other posts & it kept blowing up; assumed it was because on my phone. So, no I did not but got the impression from you then that it might be offering opinions contrary to what most of us have seen.

Always willing to listen to an opposing viewpoint, I may learn something and possibly adjust my thought process. You did read it so I will leave that call up to you as far as the quality of content & why it's gone.

Is this what you guys were looking for?  http://www.hogshaven.com/2014/4/12/5596352/behind-the-scenes-red-flags

It's pretty, much a crock. Dude says to trade RGIII right now. Also says RGIII doesn't trust the organization. The guy is a douche. 

I thought it was Polofourme's second coming. Typical scare tactics in journalism, trying to get himself noticed. I read RG3's part and part of Desean's and said screw this guy and his opinions.

I gotta tell you guys....I kinda agree with his assessments of Landry & Campbell. & as far as RG3 is concerned he's right when he said....

"RGIII is not the same player the Redskins drafted and he is not the same player he was during his rookie season. There is a very strong chance that he never will be again."

He $hit the bed last year, only a fool would say he was the same player he was in his rookie season. I MIGHT even consider a trade as well (depending on how things go this upcoming season. If he returns to his rookie form then F no! but if he has a repeat of '13 then yes).

I think he was also correct when he said...

"The organization clearly threw caution to the wind...."   "Instead, the hierarchy decided to play Russian Roulette with him..."

I can't imagine any Redskins fan debating that. & don't BS me by saying that RG3 wanted to go, of course he wanted to go. But like this dude said...

"RGIII does not run the team. It is the club's responsibility to make the call"

HTTR!!!

I gotta tell you guys....I kinda agree with his assessments of Landry & Campbell. & as far as RG3 is concerned he's right when he said....

"RGIII is not the same player the Redskins drafted and he is not the same player he was during his rookie season. There is a very strong chance that he never will be again."

He $hit the bed last year, only a fool would say he was the same player he was in his rookie season. I MIGHT even consider a trade as well (depending on how things go this upcoming season. If he returns to his rookie form then F no! but if he has a repeat of '13 then yes).

"The organization clearly threw caution to the wind...."   "Instead, the hierarchy decided to play Russian Roulette with him..."

I can't imagine any Redskins fan debating that. & don't BS me by saying that RG3 wanted to go, of course he wanted to go. But like this dude said...

HTTR!!!

There were some opinionated truths that he said and maybe some weren't opinions as much as fact. Reports from the QB Guru who works with RG3 say he's 100%. Now to work on those mechanics.

HTTR!!!

Hail canada - While I respect your opinion and I don't totally disagree, I having trouble understanding what most of it has to do with anything right now.

Let's start with Landry - Most of us said the same thing but then cruxsified Shanny when they let him walk. There were many people in here and many in the media that still trot that out as a fail of one of the 300+ personel decisions Shanny made while he was here since Landry made the probowl with the Jets the next year. I was pne of those wanting him to be gone. One of the points I am making is that even when we do the right we get trashed. The other is the Landry crap started 5 yrs ago and shanny got rid of him. Why is he railing on that? The dude was a jerk and we got rid of him, isn't that what you are supposed to do?

Next is Campbell. I am really tired of hearing how useless he was. He was yoked in and out of the line more times than a HS mascot! First he played QB roulette with Brunell. Then it was Todd Collins. Then when he gets a real chance to start, it's under the worst HC in the history of the Washington Redskins in Jim Zorn. He took a team that went to the POs the year before and started 6-2, then promply went 6-22 finsihing with that embarssing double swinging gate BS. I was at the game and have never been more embarrassed. Not saying Campbell was every going to be Doug Williams, but he did have success in Oakland before getting screwed and then again in Clevland before vgetting inured. No amount of BS will convince me that we didn't totally screw that kid. But again, what does that have to do with right now???  This was 6+ years ago! And, shanny came in and got rid of him!

Finally, the organization did not throw caution to the wind. The decision to leave RGIII in lies directly on MS!!! I admit when it first happened I blamed RGIII himself. I was at the game and you could see him running sprints on the side line. Jumping up and down and begging MS to let him go in. MS let his ego get in the way of doing the right thing. But again, what does that have to do with now? MS is gone! As he should be!! 

As for RGIII totally sucking last year, it only seems that way because he had such a phenomenal rookie season. Also, he was rushed back on the field by, wait for it... MS!!!! If he to start Grossman he should have (Cousins was injured to start the season)! Look at his stats. He had a decent overall season for a 2nd yr QB.

Sorry, but this entire article is a gross piling on hatchet job and a cheap shot at the team and it's fans. Idiots like this should not be allowed to be seen in print. Dan is trying to do that right thing. We have a GM (unlike jerry) and we have his coach. Yes i question keeping Haslett, but there is a history with them. If they think that's the best recipe for success then I would like to at least see a game played before being judge and jury.

Free agency has been handled perfectly in my mind. I know people want a RT, but the reality is despite what we fans think, the facts and data show Polumbus was a decent RT last year. Don't like him long term and there is a the draft left. But it's not a complete fail if we dont get a new starter this year. You can only fill so many holes at once.

HAIL GOSKINS10!

You said in regards to J.C....."No amount of BS will convince me that we didn't totally screw that kid."

To that I say "no amount of BS will convince me that" he didn't get his chance & he didn't totally blow it.

You said in regards to RG3..."Finally, the organization did not throw caution to the wind. The decision to leave RGIII in lies directly on MS!!!"

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Mike Shanahan the HC & Executive VP of football operations? Did he answer to anyone but Snyder? Was Bruce Allen able to make ANY decisions as the GM that MS didn't OK first? Sorry pal but Mike Shanahan WAS the organization.

HTTR!!!

HAIL GOSKINS10!

You said in regards to J.C....."No amount of BS will convince me that we didn't totally screw that kid."

To that I say "no amount of BS will convince me that" he didn't get his chance & he didn't totally blow it.

You said in regards to RG3..."Finally, the organization did not throw caution to the wind. The decision to leave RGIII in lies directly on MS!!!"

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Mike Shanahan the HC & Executive VP of football operations? Did he answer to anyone but Snyder? Was Bruce Allen able to make ANY decisions as the GM that MS didn't OK first? Sorry pal but Mike Shanahan WAS the organization.

HTTR!!!

Hail canada! 

On campbell we will just have to agree to disagree. You are not chaining my mind and I am not changing your's, so fair enough. Reasonable people can disagree…  

The second is a bit of semantics. When someone says the organization like the way it's written in the article, it implies several people got together and made a group decision. In this case, while yes MS was the face of the organization, he was still the only one to make that call. The guy wrote the hatchet job to make it sound like the entire coaching staff and FO made the decision together and RGIII is now soured on the team. 

That's a bunch of BS. He is mad at MS because MS and MS alone made that decision, period. You can call him the organization if you want, but it's still one piece of crap looking out for his own skin, not the whole organization from coaches to the front office making the call. 

well landry was good when we first came here Taylor and landry combo would have put the fear of god into every team trying to pass over the middle .

But it wasnt meant to be Taylors death and landry playing the wrong safety position and being injured  messed that up 

As for Cambell  Gibbs was here when we drafted him and after 5 coordinators 2 head coaches  he showed he was servicable as a 1# qb and in the right system he could do very well ,just not for us it seemed .

i did notice he had trouble scrambling alittle clumbsy trying slide/run out of the pocket  but i gree he seemed to get screwed in oakland injured in cleveland now is bouncing around the league .

i hope Shannahan doesn't try to take credit for future success of the team because of the player he brought in ..i just didn't think he was that much of a control freak but at least Haynesworth a Mcnabb are out of here because because of it 

HAIL GOSKINS10!

You said..."On campbell we will just have to agree to disagree. You are not chaining my mind and I am not changing your's, so fair enough. Reasonable people can disagree…"

To that I say...Agreed. That's what makes this site fun for me, seeing how other people think about things. & like you said..."Reasonable people can disagree…"

Now onto the whole Shanahan thing. Forgive me, I don't think I follow. I had originally said..."Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Mike Shanahan the HC & Executive VP of football operations? Did he answer to anyone but Snyder? Was Bruce Allen able to make ANY decisions as the GM that MS didn't OK first? Sorry pal but Mike Shanahan WAS the organization."

Then You said..."In this case, while yes MS was the face of the organization, he was still the only one to make that call."

If you & I agree that he was the organization, then you & I agree with the man when he said...."The organization clearly threw caution to the wind...."   "Instead, the hierarchy decided to play Russian Roulette with him..." Right? So in other words the article he wrote isn't a total farce, there is SOME truth to what he says.

HTTR!!!

HAIL GOSKINS10!

You said..."On campbell we will just have to agree to disagree. You are not chaining my mind and I am not changing your's, so fair enough. Reasonable people can disagree…"

To that I say...Agreed. That's what makes this site fun for me, seeing how other people think about things. & like you said..."Reasonable people can disagree…"

Now onto the whole Shanahan thing. Forgive me, I don't think I follow. I had originally said..."Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Mike Shanahan the HC & Executive VP of football operations? Did he answer to anyone but Snyder? Was Bruce Allen able to make ANY decisions as the GM that MS didn't OK first? Sorry pal but Mike Shanahan WAS the organization."

Then You said..."In this case, while yes MS was the face of the organization, he was still the only one to make that call."

If you & I agree that he was the organization, then you & I agree with the man when he said...."The organization clearly threw caution to the wind...."   "Instead, the hierarchy decided to play Russian Roulette with him..." Right? So in other words the article he wrote isn't a total farce, there is SOME truth to what he says.

HTTR!!!

So you agree with the writer that RGIII does and should distrust the current FO? And that his time here should be over?

One douchebag made a call out of selfishness, so the entire Redskins organization should not be trusted? Your teammates? Coaches? FO? Sorry, not buying that sat all. The writer is exaggerating the facts simply to sell copy. 

Archived