Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rams RG3 Trade

Ramsfan17

After the 1st year I'd say the Redskins got a deal. Now after this 2nd year I'd say the Rams are in a good position. What do I think now? I think we have to wait till we know for sure. Just having the 2nd overall pick doesn't mean anything, the Rams need to hit it on the mark for it to matter.  

I think it's really hard to say ... who is to say that the Redskins would have had the 2nd pick this year if they had gone another route? If we didn't have RGIII as our QB, he might not get hurt in 2012 and have a down year in 2013, and we might not have the 2nd pick.

Hindsight is 20/20. But the city was desperate for a QB. I think a lot of us recognize the potential that Griff still holds. I think most of us will look toward the draft picks being gone as a weakness, but also recognize that last year was just as much a result of the cap situation/depth then it was the lack of a 1st round pick. 

I think in the end, all parties will look back on it as a fairly even trade. No doubt the Rams are making out like bandits on paper, but if the Redskins and RGIII have even one SB under their belts when this is all said and done, Redskins fans won't think twice about the draft picks. 

I am a Rams fan who wants to know what Redskins fans feel about the RG3 trade now. Many Rams fans feel that the Rams won the trade after RG3's injury issues and them ending up with the #2 overall pick. Do you agree? Thanks. 

Personally, I would still make the trade. I have no regrets.

Yeah, it sucks that Robert got hurt and we had a horrible season etc etc. 

But assuming Robert becomes the QB I think he'll become I'll be more than satisfied.

And if Rams fans are happy with the players they select that's fine too.  :)

One positive way to spin it: some point, the Rams are going to have to pay to re-sign three first round draft picks, while we'll only have RG3's contract to contend with. We've also managed one more playoff appearance than they have in that time frame.

But it's still early days. We'll see what happens this year.

Seems like a fair trade so far.  RGIII had his rookie year in his second year when his coaches decided to implode.  If you look at his raw stats, the kid played pretty well.  His first year obviously was mind blowing.  The question is how much of 2013 was the knee, how much the Shanny's and how much was the talent around him.  Two of those three are pretty easily fixed.

I suspect in the end both teams will be happy with the trade and hopefully, we'll be a bit happier.

None of the Rams' picks they received from us have impressed me.  The fact that they're still stuck with Bradford does not impress me.  The fact that they still haven't made the playoffs does not impress me. 

RG3 in 2012 impressed me.  If he can recapture that magic, and I think he will, there's no way the Rams "won" this trade.

I am a Rams fan who wants to know what Redskins fans feel about the RG3 trade now. Many Rams fans feel that the Rams won the trade after RG3's injury issues and them ending up with the #2 overall pick. Do you agree? Thanks. 

Of course Rams fans will think they have won the trade (right now). No one can really say who won the trade until another 3-4 years down the road. After the 2012 season I'm sure all of the Rams fans were saying they lost out on the trade. Fact is we have been to the playoffs since the trade and you guys haven't. Also you guys are still stuck with Bradford as your QB. I'm not saying he is a bad quarterback, but he needs plenty of talent around him to succeed.

A. it's way too soon to declare a winner.

B. Your QB is still Sam Bradford so you're not winning anything anytime soon.

C. Redskins have already shown with RG3 healthy can win the division. Time is on our side, not yours.

D. Rams haven't had a winning record since the trade. What exactly are you "winning?"

I would do the trade again in a heartbeat.  We've seen what a healthy RG3 can be.  The Rams would be wise to be QB hunting soon; it's your weak link.  Good luck and smash some Hawks & 49'ers. There is no other team I would be as happy with, about the trade, other than the Rams. Beat the crap out of each other.  HTTR

The Rams lost when they drafted Sam Bradford in 2010, and then they actually passed on Robert Griffin in 2012 by trading the pick away.  Bradford is poopy.  

Talking Rams versus Redskins front office moves etc is like talking about which grandma, the one that lives next door or the one across the street, has the nicest rack.......pointless.  

Sorry but you can't make an argument one way or the other.  The guy had a historical season his rookie year and a below average his second.  The juries still out.  Come again soon.  

I agree completely. RGMe has been a complete bust, a one year firefly which is now extinguished. A product of clever scheming by an intelligent offensive coordinator.  The benefactor of a new system installed by the OC which was foreign to NFL defenses.

In a WWII analogy, Kyle Shannahan was Yamamoto:

“In the first six to twelve months ...  I will run wild and win victory upon victory. But then, .... after that, I have no expectation of success.”

Our future, I'm afraid, is not good with the current QB.

Archived