Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

your thoughts about the O-line today

WVSkinsfan

I did notice one thing today in the game and that was the O-line and how they sandbagged all year long stinking it up every game. Then when Cousins start they didn't even look like the same OL that has caused me to almost throw a remote at the tv.If they played like that all year we would have won more than 3 games that's for sure. RG3 never had that much time to set back and look for the open WR. Do they and RG3 not get along or what?

first dont hit your tv with a remote....not its fault........second if polumbus rode a bike it would pedal backwards....third its just one of those years.......we wanted better and the perfect storm said no.....i just keep pulling for the jersey and sometimes its good and sometimes its bad.........just like the weather it goes in cycles

was it my imagination, or did the o-line protect better in the second half?  in the first half, cousins had dudes in his face all the damn time and never had a chance on several third downs.

weirdly, the QB play was better in the first half though.

it was almost like the cleveland game last year...cousins started awful..got his mess together and played really well.......kinda like today....were they trying to set a turnover record for one game and still win...lol

LOL yes I know it was againist the falcons but I watched a OL that played with heart and cared about keeping the QB off his back. I think we all can agree that we haven't seen that all year? They was actually walking to Cousins and  padding him on his shoulder congratulating him after drives. I don't know about you but I haven't seen that all year long.

The OL definitely hates RG3 and they definitely played harder for KC today.  WIthout a doubt.  That theory is logical and sound.

LMAO...........quit it dude .that is funny .ive read enough of your stuff to get tongue in cheek......but that is what is needed here...or the judge wont let most of us out on our own bond.........thx

The OL definitely hates RG3 and they definitely played harder for KC today. WIthout a doubt. That theory is logical and sound.

but why? I don't get it. It's like RG3 is made out be some kind of jerk. But I don't see it. I listen to all of his press conf and I didn't see where he was throwing his Oline under the bus. Trent loves RG3.

LOL Ogskinsfan, don't have to worry about me throwing a remote threw the tv anymore. Dad surprised me and bought me a new flat screen this week for my birthday.lol he must have seen the writing on the wall for my old tv. :D.

just wanted to help..........i am 53 and these dudes from 1970  to now can be worse than being married..lol.. got 27 years at that...never seen this kinda drama but it has to have a purpose....i dont know what .......i still am ready for this week coming...can knock my cowboy friends from the post season.........keep the faith

:)

There wouldn't be nothing better than to knock the cowgirls out of the playoffs.  Yes ever since Snyder took over the redskins it has been down hill and I don't know how much farther down hill it could go but with Snyder running the team you can bet he can find a way for it to get worse lol

LMAO...........quit it dude .that is funny .ive read enough of your stuff to get tongue in cheek......but that is what is needed here...or the judge wont let most of us out on our own bond.........thx

You'll be just fine here, sir.  Welcome to the board. :)

but why? I don't get it. It's like RG3 is made out be some kind of jerk. But I don't see it. I listen to all of his press conf and I didn't see where he was throwing his Oline under the bus. Trent loves RG3.

I was kidding, brother.  The OL doesn't hate RG3.  It was a joke.  Just like this thread. :)

You'll be just fine here, sir.  Welcome to the board. :)

I was kidding, brother.  The OL doesn't hate RG3.  It was a joke.  Just like this thread. :)

alvin.................that was my point.......i read here constantly but man sometimes the ex coaches and owners in here scare me from posting...LMAO...can be a vindictive place if you place your loyalty in the wrong place....i read and watch like a dea undercover op...jk...for me its the franchise and i try not to have a favorite player.........but that doesnt work,,,i am a tana fan and some older guys...anyways hail and you guys keep it up as i will keep reading

It's funny how when your QB is good, suddenly your OL is pass protecting better and your receivers get open more.

But no, in seriousness the OL was the same it has been all year. The difference is the caliber of QB play went from terrible/mediocre to above average/downright elite at times.

The truth is, pressure is almost just as much the QB's fault as it is the OL. There are no Hogs in the NFL anymore.

What happened was early on the Oline was a sieve.  We were talking about it in a chat room, Cousins was having to make quick reads and get the ball out, took a hit, gave up that one fumble.  But I think, him getting the ball out, combined with establishing the run, caused the defense to get a bit more pensive about what they were doing.  They couldn't just go after cousins, because he was burning their secondary at times.  I love RG3, but this is one thing he didn't do so well this season, stand and deliver under pressure with accuracy to beat blitzes in the last few weeks.   

How many times did people complain, oh here's another jail break blitz.  Well sooner or later you have to beat them or they will keep bringing them.

Biggest problem with RG3 this year is that he came back way to early,played hurt all year and always looked like out there not afraid but kind of hesitant and second guessing his self. Hopefully next year he will be back to normal and we can watch the real RG3 like we did in his first year.

also boys it could be worse.....i have a nephew who flew to cali this weekend to go to a raiders game . he is a big fan and was calling me from the black hole..........point is it doesnt always go right but you still go cause thats your boys....i went to seattle last time we went there....it was so close to us getting a win

Archived