On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Mar. 18, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fans unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m/7:30 a.m. daily)

• DATE: December 3, 2013
    • TIME:  5:30 PM 

• Wed., Mar. 19, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fans unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m/7:30 a.m. daily)

• Thu., Mar. 20, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Fri., Mar. 21, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., Mar. 24, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Tue., Mar. 25, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Wed., Mar. 26, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Thu., Mar. 27, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Fri., Mar. 28, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., Mar. 31, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

Photo

Patriots accused of cheating.... ( again )...

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 JMS

JMS

The Special Teams Ace

• Banned
  • 413 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

What has this franchise ever won which hasn't been tainted by cheating?   All three of their superbowls were the product of cheating, and the NFL let them keep the victories and only penalized them with money and draft pick forfites...   Now everytime they get caught cheating again the NFL must relive their own culpability in this franchises dishonesty.

and now they are at it again.

Texans Allege ‘Fishy’ Adjustments By The Patriots

http://houston.cbslo...y-the-patriots/

Edited by JMS, 02 December 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#2 Riggo-toni

Riggo-toni

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 12,406 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

No real evidence other than a player certain Brady couldn't have deciphered their new D without cheating.

#3 Warhead36

Warhead36

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 15,650 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

The Texans suck. Just sounds like sour grapes.

#4 skinfan2k

skinfan2k

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 16,895 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

Who cares if they spy?  Why does that constitute as cheating?  I wish the redskins would do it.  We have too many nice players on this team.  I want thugs on my team who are willing to go the extra mile to win

#5 JMS

JMS

The Special Teams Ace

• Banned
  • 413 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

Who cares if they spy?  Why does that constitute as cheating?  I wish the redskins would do it.  We have too many nice players on this team.  I want thugs on my team who are willing to go the extra mile to win

That's a novel defense.   Yeah they cheat.... who cares...

why does videotaping your oponents closed practices on the eve of the superbowl constitute cheating?   Why does dumpster diving their players to find their playbooks?    Because it's against the rules and gives your team an unfair advantage based upon their willingness ot break the rules....

Basically the NFL is fun to watch if it's an athletic contest between two contestants who both have  achance to win.   If it devolves into who can surveil the other team the best off the field;  then it hurts the sport.

Belichick draws $500,000 fine, but avoids suspension

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3018338

Edited by JMS, 02 December 2013 - 12:31 PM.

• Rocky21 and elkabong82 like this

#6 JMS

JMS

The Special Teams Ace

• Banned
  • 413 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

No real evidence other than a player certain Brady couldn't have deciphered their new D without cheating.

Yes no real evidence,  except the fact they've already been found guilty of cheating in 3 superbowls,   and continued to cheat after the NFL found them guilty,   and now this with several players making these new accusations.

2007_09_24_CHEATING_LARGE.JPG

Wait just a minute, folks -- Harbaugh's right, Pats' titles ARE tainted

Of course the Patriots' Super Bowl titles are tainted. We're not really having this discussion, are we? I mean, this isn't a point worthy of debate.

Is it?

http://www.cbssports.../story/18935926

Author Alleges Patriots Continue To Cheat Long After Spygate Scandal

http://boston.cbsloc...pygate-scandal/

Edited by JMS, 02 December 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#7 Sticksboi05

Sticksboi05

The Gadget Play

• Members
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

Spygate was 6 years ago and they went 18-0 that season before Eli's miracle in Arizona.  They are not cheating, Houston sucks.  They are the only team that may be worse than the Redskins.

#8 Elessar78

Elessar78

The Field Goal Team

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:19 PM

Sooo . . . dozens of players have left New England as free agents. Handfull of coordinators and assistants moved onto other teams. So the Patriots cheating is so rampant that even their old players won't blow the whistle on them?

#9 JMS

JMS

The Special Teams Ace

• Banned
  • 413 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:22 PM

Spygate was 6 years ago and they went 18-0 that season before Eli's miracle in Arizona.  They are not cheating, Houston sucks.  They are the only team that may be worse than the Redskins.

They are convicted cheaters,  who benifited greatly from cheating...  and you think they aren't cheating anylonger even when faced with various reports saying they are...

Sooo . . . dozens of players have left New England as free agents. Handfull of coordinators and assistants moved onto other teams. So the Patriots cheating is so rampant that even their old players won't blow the whistle on them?

Which is a great point if their franchise hadn't admitted they cheated.   A great point of we didn't already know there was a coverup where the whistleblowers were silenced by legal means, where all the evidence against them was destroyed, and where the entire scandal was swept under the rug.    Which is the real problem,  when you conspire to excuse cheating you will and should be roasted over the spit every time the report surfaces when the cheaters are reported to have returned to the malfeasense which lead to their success..

Edited by JMS, 02 December 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#10 mjah

mjah

The Rookie

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

I assume the same scrutiny is being applied to the '72 Dolphins, who only snagged their head coach (ferchrissakes) by deliberately breaking the NFL's tampering rules regarding signing. They got caught too.

Opinions?  Hopefully we won't see any arbitrary lines being drawn in here between the Patriots' brand of lose-a-first-round-draft-pick cheating and the Dolphins' brand of lose-a-first-round-draft-pick cheating.

Just keeping us honest... I say it's cheating in both cases, and there has never been a legit "perfect" regular season or total season in the post-merger NFL.  Also, there must be something in the water with the AFC East.  ;)

#11 KuNiT21

KuNiT21

The Benchwarmer

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

LOL, this article is funny.  The Texans are similar to the Redskins, get over it, you guys suck too.  I think the Giants cheated yesterday, Eli didn't throw 4 picks like he normally does so something is fishy.  It's still amazing that people still cry about the "spygate" era.  Yet the Patriots have gone through so many players, several cordinators, get watched like hawks, but still manage to make the playoffs every single year?  Sometimes I wish Mike Shannahan would take page out of Pete Caroll's book and give some of our late round picks PED's and see what they can do.  If they get suspended who cares....

• NickyJ likes this

#12 SpringfieldSkins

SpringfieldSkins

The Starter

• Members
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

I think it's fairly ironic that we have fans of this team who decry the penalties for dumping salary in an uncapped year and also berate the Patriots for cheating.

We cheated in the uncapped year. The Patriots cheated when they spied. Dozens and dozens of players cheat every single game by holding, jumping off sides, interfering and hitting illegally.

Sometimes you get caught, sometimes you don't. Nobody in the league is a saint. It's all to get an advantage over the competition.

You don't have to be such a sorry sport about it.

#13 Major Harris

Major Harris

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 11,700 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

They are convicted cheaters,  who benifited greatly from cheating...  and you think they aren't cheating anylonger even when faced with various reports saying they are...

Let me get this straight......a guy on a very bad Houston team says that he is suspicious of adjustments made by the pats and that constitutes a report that says they cheated?

Keep in mind, if this is true, the pats played it close to the vest by not utilizing their illegitimate knowledge of the Houston d the entire first half.

Halftime adjustments.....good teams make the,, BAD teams do not
  • Redskin4ever likes this

#14 Sticksboi05

Sticksboi05

The Gadget Play

• Members
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

Which is a great point if their franchise hadn't admitted they cheated.   A great point of we didn't already know there was a coverup where the whistleblowers were silenced by legal means, where all the evidence against them was destroyed, and where the entire scandal was swept under the rug.    Which is the real problem,  when you conspire to excuse cheating you will and should be roasted over the spit every time the report surfaces when the cheaters are reported to have returned to the malfeasense which lead to their success..

Do you know what a report is?

Edited by Sticksboi05, 02 December 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#15 Redskin4ever

Redskin4ever

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

Let me get this straight......a guy on a very bad Houston team says that he is suspicious of adjustments made by the pats and that constitutes a report that says they cheated?

Keep in mind, if this is true, the pats played it close to the vest by not utilizing their illegitimate knowledge of the Houston d the entire first half.

Halftime adjustments.....good teams make the,, BAD teams do not

Exactly. They must have used the video from the previous week in the first half, then found the tape from this week's practice at halftime. Seriously, what have Redskins fans been whining about all season? How the Redskins don't make halftime adjustments and end up playing like dookie in the 2nd half and losing. This is what good teams do. They see things in the first half, then adjust as the game goes on. Sometimes, they can't adjust until half time. Then it's a different second half game.

Oh wait, it just hit me. I bet Smith saw Brady and Belichick looking at pictures on the sideline during the game. How did they get those pictures of the game that quickly? It's not fair they have pictures of plays that show what the other team is doing. No wonder they could adjust. They were cheating by looking at those pictures DURING the game.

If only the Texans had thought of that. Maybe all teams in the league should do that. What a great idea that would be.

#16 KuNiT21

KuNiT21

The Benchwarmer

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

The Eagles are cheating this year too.  RG3 said the defense knew everything he and the offense hit them with?  That's fishy IMO.  Ok sarcasm is over.

#17 skinsfan1523

skinsfan1523

The Rookie

• Members
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:07 PM

I think it's fairly ironic that we have fans of this team who decry the penalties for dumping salary in an uncapped year and also berate the Patriots for cheating.

We cheated in the uncapped year. The Patriots cheated when they spied. Dozens and dozens of players cheat every single game by holding, jumping off sides, interfering and hitting illegally.

Sometimes you get caught, sometimes you don't. Nobody in the league is a saint. It's all to get an advantage over the competition.

We didn't cheat the Patriots did. We did nothing against the rules, the Patriots did.

#18 Bubble Screen

Bubble Screen

The Deep Threat

• Members
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

We didn't cheat the Patriots did. We did nothing against the rules, the Patriots did.

The NFL doesn't just arbitrarily take 36 million in cap money from teams.

We cheated.

#19 skinsmarydu

skinsmarydu

The Role Player

• Members
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:37 AM

Even Chris Collinsworth said it during the game Sunday..."how you violate the cap in an uncapped year, somebody's still gotta explain that to me"...as close to a direct quote as I can get.
We didn't cheat. Mara was jealous because he didn't think to frontload contracts.
  • Painkiller and Old Bay like this

#20 pointyfootball

pointyfootball

The Playmaker

• Members
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:39 AM

Does this mean my Eagles will finally be awarded a SB? :)

#21 pointyfootball

pointyfootball

The Playmaker

• Members
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:48 AM

Sounds like Smith has my sense of humor, which my wife tells me "no one gets".  :)

http://www.nfl.com/n...patriots-spying

#22 GoSkins0721

GoSkins0721

The Special Teams Ace

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:16 AM

We cheated.

You are so wrong.

If this were true, then every team who accelerated money into the uncapped year would have been penalized. They weren't. Only Washington & Dallas were penalized by a group led by the owner of the NYGonads. Notice any connection?

• Painkiller and Old Bay like this

#23 Henry

Henry

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 15,242 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

We cheated.

The NFL admits the Redskins broke no rules. I agree that the league didn't arbitrarily take $36 million from us, but it's not because we 'cheated.'

I don't know about the Patriots this time around. The problem here isn't what they did or didn't do this past week. The problem is that the league is so corrupt and inconsistent and exhibits such blatant favoritism that the Patriots could very well have cheated and it won't make a damn bit of difference. And yeah, that's a bad thing. Listen to half of you: "I don't care if we cheat. We should be cheating so that WE can win!" 

That's what this league has turned into. It's almost unwatchable at this point.

• GoSkins0721 and Old Bay like this

#24 Cooleyfan1993

Cooleyfan1993

The Role Player

• Members
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

non-story...texans player said he was just joking about what he said.

#25 Bubble Screen

Bubble Screen

The Deep Threat

• Members
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

You are so wrong.

If this were true, then every team who accelerated money into the uncapped year would have been penalized. They weren't. Only Washington & Dallas were penalized by a group led by the owner of the NYGonads. Notice any connection?

And we appealed, and still lost. If "cheated" is too strong a word, then we violated the spirit of the cap. We need to move on. It's not like constantly whining about it is going to change anything. And knowing this team, they probably would have overpaid for some bums the way they did McNabb and Haynesworth, anyway. Besides, we won the division without the extra cap money.

#26 Ozymandias

Ozymandias

The Special Teams Ace

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

The texans player came out and said he was joking.

#27 JMS

JMS

The Special Teams Ace

• Banned
  • 413 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

We cheated.

Dude,  

Let me get this straight.    You are complaining that we dumped salary when the NFL was in an UNCAPPED YEAR?     That's cheating?

Reality is if the NFL hadn't gotten the players to sign away their rights to sue over price fixing as part of their new collective barganing agreement;   the entire NFL would be in federal court and paying billions for collusion.   Something the NFL is entirely guilty of by the way....

There is a difference between exploiting and advantage and cheating.     Sending folks to dumpster dive your opponents,  or videotaping their closed practices,   or using undocumented radio frequencies to the headset to your QB so your position coach can talk to him while the play is occuring  are all examples of Patriots Cheating...

Dan Snyder deciding to  pay more money in salaries while the NFL was in an uncapped year isn't an example of cheating,  rather it's the very definition of competition... using ever LEGAL means for getting an advantage....    

And we appealed, and still lost. If "cheated" is too strong a word, then we violated the spirit of the cap. We need to move on. It's not like constantly whining about it is going to change anything. And knowing this team, they probably would have overpaid for some bums the way they did McNabb and Haynesworth, anyway. Besides, we won the division without the extra cap money.

:doh:    We violated the "spirit of the cap"  in an uncapped year?

#28 JMS

JMS

The Special Teams Ace

• Banned
  • 413 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:58 PM

You are so wrong.

He's wrong we cheated,  he's not wrong on why we got the money taken away.      Dan Snyder and  Jerry Jones are two of the wealthiest owners in the NFL,  and both of their teams make far more money annually than they can spend on players due to the cap.

So in 2012 the salary cap was 120.6 million.    In 2012 the Redskins grossed like 380 million.    Dan would love to spend more money than the cap in any given year..   I mean can you think of his revenue if he actually could field a sucessful team which could go far into the playoffs every year?   There are a lot of franchises in the league which only make money based on the revenue sharing TV contract... Like the Vikings.    They love the cap because without it they couldnt afford to keep their players as they would all be cowboys and Redskins....

Anyway in the Uncapped year the NFL told owners to abide by the cap anyway.    This is collusion and is illegal as hell.   The Reason the NFL didn't get sued is when the players signed their collective bargaining agreement the NFL slipped in a clause which retroactively gave them amnesty for it.   The NFL didn't command or order owners to stay under the CAP  because that would have been a red light for the lawyers...   So they informed.... Then once they had the retroactive amnesty... they went back and penalized the two franchises which ignored the "request"..    It was a recomnendation made by a comittee of owners all of whom weren't in a finantial position to benifit from the uncapped year.

Even Chris Collinsworth said it during the game Sunday..."how you violate the cap in an uncapped year, somebody's still gotta explain that to me"...as close to a direct quote as I can get.
We didn't cheat. Mara was jealous because he didn't think to frontload contracts.

No he definitely thought about it.   He just didn't have a 100 million dollars sitting in his bank account to allow it.  Nobody did  except for Jerry and Dan,  two of the wealthiest owners in the league.   It's not a coincidence that the two wealtheist franchises in the NFL were frontloading their contracts....  They were the only ones which could...

If the cap went away tomorrow,  the Redskins and maybe the Cowbows would be like the Yankee's.    The rest of the NFL would be our minor league farm teams.

Edited by JMS, 03 December 2013 - 12:59 PM.

#29 GoSkins0721

GoSkins0721

The Special Teams Ace

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

You misunderstood my post as "whining".

Cheating is when you break a rule. No rules were broken by the Redskins or Cowboys.

"Spirit of the cap" - what the **** exactly does that mean? Can you break it by underspending?

#30 skinsmarydu

skinsmarydu

The Role Player

• Members
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

No he definitely thought about it.   He just didn't have a 100 million dollars sitting in his bank account to allow it.  Nobody did  except for Jerry and Dan,  two of the wealthiest owners in the league.

And that's where the jealousy part comes in. We did nothing against the cap. Nothing, because there wasn't one.

#31 pjfootballer

pjfootballer

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 27,579 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:13 PM

"VINNY" overpaid for Haynesworth and Hall.  Not Mike and Bruce.  They inhereted that crap.  And what part of McNabb's extension hurt us?  I'll tell you.  None.  It was eay to to get out of, which we did.

#32 Bubble Screen

Bubble Screen

The Deep Threat

• Members
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

You misunderstood my post as "whining".

Cheating is when you break a rule. No rules were broken by the Redskins or Cowboys.

"Spirit of the cap" - what the **** exactly does that mean? Can you break it by underspending?

JMS explained it pretty well.

#33 Ozymandias

Ozymandias

The Special Teams Ace

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

JMS explained it pretty well.

He also explained that what the skins did wasnt cheating lol whereas, you said we did. Did you miss that part?

#34 PATS16N0

PATS16N0

Cheerleader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Birthday:03-04-1980

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

Yes no real evidence,  except the fact they've already been found guilty of cheating in 3 superbowls,   and continued to cheat after the NFL found them guilty,   and now this with several players making these new accusations.

2007_09_24_CHEATING_LARGE.JPG

We were not found guilty of cheating during three Superbowls. What you just said is a perfect example of how an agenda-driven media can make the masses believe that up is down and left is right and the sky is green.

We were not found guilty of cheating AT ALL. We were found guilty of being in violation of league rules by taping a Jets game from a certain location DURING a game in week #2 of the 2007 season. The reason our penalty was so severe was because the league had sent a memo out to ALL TEAMS that year warning them ALL that they could no longer do that.

It wasn't even about taping the signals, as that was NOT against the rules, and was done UNIVERSALLY across all teams.

The ONLY thing the Roger Goodell memo outlawed was the practice of taping the opposing teams signals FROM DIRECTLY ACROSS THE TEAMS BENCH. The actual practice of taping these signals was not even outlawed. Bill Belichick, arrogant man that he sometimes is, believed it to be a stupid decree and did it anyway, believing you just couldn't use the tapes for the current game you were playing.

This happened in week #2 of the 2007 season.

So how about you explain to me how we were "caught cheating in 3 different Superbowls?"

If you can't, I'll just assume you're easily impressionable by a NY based media that hates us because we're a Boston team.

Learn your facts before you try to taint the Superbowl victories of men like Ted Bruschi

#35 KuNiT21

KuNiT21

The Benchwarmer

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

^

I really wouldn't bother man the whole spygate thing was a joke to everyone except the few like Marshall Faulk who are so butt hurt that Brady steamed down the field on there defense to FG range and of course the Brady haters who still try to make an argument that Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady.  I wish our organization could build something of this caliber then I wouldn't give a damn how arrogant Mike Shanahan was when he would pickup/play guys bagging groceries the week before and turn them into superstars.

#36 PATS16N0

PATS16N0

Cheerleader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Birthday:03-04-1980

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

nfl_herald_pats_300.jpg

It's amazing the legs this stupid story got.

Basically everything you've said JMS is an absolute lie.

The only thing we did is do the same exact thing everyone does, only we did it from a location that a Roger Goodel memo stated we could not. The reason our punishment was severe was solely because it ignored a direct order from the league.

Don't let that stop you from telling and repeating blatant lies though.

It's not like it's gonna' stop us from having winning seasons each and every single season.

#37 elkabong82

elkabong82

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 11,460 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

Cheating requires breaking an actual rule. We broke no actual rule. The NFL, read: Mara, cheated by penalizing us for a rule that was not in place, and broke the law (collusion) by telling teams to operate as if there were a cap in place when there wasn't.

Maybe you have a point in some of your other post, specifically about on-field play, but it's lost because of your false claim against the redskins which has been refuted, using above evidence, many, many times on here.

When someone gets caught cheating, then it is a big deal and something does need to be done about it. Tolerating cheating destroys the integrity of the game. 

#38 pjfootballer

pjfootballer

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 27,579 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:23 PM

Patriot fans showing up out of nowhere to defend their team's "honor."  Weird.  I would never go to another team's site.  Just don't give a **** what they say or think about us.

• skinsmarydu likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users