On Now
Coming Up
  • Fri., Nov. 14, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:15 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden speaks to media after practice at Redskins Park in Loudoun County, Va. on Friday, November 14, 2014.
  • Fri., Nov. 14, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fans unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m/7:30 a.m. daily)

• DATE: December 3, 2013
    • TIME:  5:30 PM 

• Sun., Nov. 16, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EST Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Lou Holder LIVE from FedExField before the Redskins vs. Buccaneers kickoff on Sunday, November 16, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 16, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. Buccaneers game at FedExField on Sunday, November 16, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 16, 2014 5:00 PM - 5:30 PM EST Live Player Press Conference Select Redskins players take the podium following the Redskins vs. Buccaneers game at FedExField on Sunday, November 16, 2014.
  • Mon., Nov. 17, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fans unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m/7:30 a.m. daily)

• Tue., Nov. 18, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Wed., Nov. 19, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Thu., Nov. 20, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Fri., Nov. 21, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Photo
- - - - -

Es Coverage: The Wait In The Cold Until The Intern Runs Down Vikings Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3026 replies to this topic

#2881 TC024

TC024

The Camp Fodder

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

I can't believe we didn't roll rg3 out on a couple of those last few calls. Draw the defense up drop it over.

#2882 RedskinWill

RedskinWill

The Role Player

• Members
  • 924 posts

Jordan reed was open

#2883 cakmoney61

cakmoney61

The Rookie

• Members
  • 1,160 posts

The Redskins have a bottom two defense and special teams and a hot and cold offense with an offensive line that's overmatched in pass protection.   The emotion I'm feeling right now is hopelessness.  They are really bad.

#2884 Mocountyskins

Mocountyskins

The Rookie

• Members
  • 1,064 posts

Sometimes I want to kill myself after the Redskins lose but part of me says that that's going overboard. This is one of those times.

#2885 RGIIINATION

RGIIINATION

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 1,775 posts

Take care all. I'm officially done!!!!

**** the REDSKINS!!!! I'm back with my hometown team.

Ya'll can continue to sit through this bull**** if you want.

I'm taking a break and spending time with my family next week. I need a break from this cursed team.

#2886 mike42

mike42

The Role Player

• Members
  • 882 posts

Time to begin counting down the days of Shanahan. 7 more games and hopefully this nightmare of a coaching staff will be gone & erased from history.

#2887 Son of Gadsden

Son of Gadsden

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

I can't stand the ****ing media.

I've never seen them get so damn excited when **** goes wrong for the Skins.

You can hear the sighs of relief when it's over, as they know they can use the highlight real of all the hits on RG3 they have saved to show in a montage.

But how mad can you really be about it when we suck this bad.

It's not Shanahans fault, neither of them. The calls were fine. Dropped passes resulted in a FG and no TD at the end of the game, and the team is not disciplined at all. Every time our secondary gets burned, they want to start a fight because they can't cover.

Sav can't punt anymore.

Special teams were terrible.

How Haslett still has a job is absolutely beyond me. I understand wanting consistency. We have it. We're consistently sucking at defense.

Edited by Son of Gadsden, 07 November 2013 - 11:38 PM.

#2888 srtman04

srtman04

The Rookie

• Members
  • 1,011 posts

You cant really believe that, do you?  Please say you're joking.  Their are bad calls made in EVERY game, against EVERY team.  There is no conspiracy.  Take the tin foil hat off

The defense did play poorly.  However,  I've never seen a game so one sided in penalties.  That was an obvious PI call on Reed on the goal line at the end.   I have also never seen a team with over 400+ total yards of offense AND not have a turnover,  and STILL lose the game.

#2889 DeadExField

DeadExField

The Playmaker

• Members
  • 3,268 posts

Kyle called two good plays on 3nd and 3rd down right there, just gotta catch it. The pass to Garcon was a little high but he got his hand on it, gotta catch it

#2890 helios02

helios02

The Waterboy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Are you kidding me?

I agree should have ran it on 2nd.

#2891 shakinaiken

shakinaiken

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 1,806 posts

No, it was definitely a called fade

Disagree, Rg3's initial hesitation implies- to me- that the initial read was the quick slant, but Rg3 quickly transferred to Moss

#2892 DJD2

DJD2

The Role Player

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:39 PM

Vikings have a flag today?  Even so, this is on the coaches... didn't even give us a chance on 4th down... why not stick with the extremely successful run with 40 seconds left on second down still?

8-63 vs. 1-7 (although skins declined that hands to the face penalty)

pretty blatant

but still 1st & goal from the 1 and only 3 pts. doesnt get it done

#2893 Tatankgough

Tatankgough

The Role Player

• Members
  • 817 posts

I think this is the worst officiated game I've seen since Parcells came to town to play Gibbs in 2004

It was bad officiating, but this team flat out blew it. No excuses for this one, NONE. It's on the DC, the OC, HC and the secondary sucks, the special teams sucks

#2894 justice98

justice98

The Cover Corner

• Members
  • 5,345 posts

LOL at the fade to santana moss lol wow

Who throws a fade to the shortest WR on the team?  lol  Especially if the throw's gonna go halfway out of bounds.

#2895 Idaho fan

Idaho fan

The Playmaker

• Members
  • 3,445 posts

Frustrating.. wish they could have waited till Sunday to lose… now I don't even want to watch football on Sunday.. Leave it to the Skins to lose to a one win team with a back up QB after leading by 13.. sick.

Not sure why but this game pisses me off more than any loss in a while… I like to support my team but Damn this pisses me off.. Hoped they were willing to do what it takes tonight and get the job done.  Basically they got outclassed by a one win team with a back up QB.  Every player should look in the mirror with some embarrassment for tonight and the debacle that this season has become.

#2896 #98QBKiller

#98QBKiller

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 13,702 posts

Once again we piss away a dominant lead.

Time for the Shanahans to go. It would be a shame to waste away a bunch of young talent like we have. 

No coach has ever won Super Bowls with two different teams and we won't be the first. 

Time to give RGIII a winning coaching crew. 

I can't even begin to express how bad this loss is. I'd rather lose to Dallas. This is the worst (or 2nd worst) team in the league and they beat us. 

We should be ****ing ashamed. 

#2897 mitchellvii

mitchellvii

The Rookie

• Banned
  • 1,322 posts

I agree that the refereeing has to do with the name change.  The liberal idiots running the league have an agenda here.  No honest ref misses that holding against Reed.  That would have been the tying score if he werent held.

#2898 helios02

helios02

The Waterboy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Pretend they got the TD, then what? Would be giving is another heart attack during OT. This team is the worst win or lose it is physically painful.

#2899 LetMeSeeYourWarFace21

LetMeSeeYourWarFace21

The Field Goal Team

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

So glad I no longer work at a place with a bunch of Redskin haters, because I'd seriously take tomorrow off because of this loss......Because I'd seriously get fired for smashing someones face in @ 7AM

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21, 07 November 2013 - 11:43 PM.

#2900 michiskin

michiskin

The Field Goal Team

• Members
  • 699 posts

This league is rigged.   It's not fun anymore.  The powers that be are intentionally doing this to the Redskins and I bet it is all linked to the name change.  There is no other rational explanation for what we just witnessed. 

No rational explanation? How bout just the fact that the Skins aren't very good and consistently crap themselves on primetime?

Quit crying about a rigged league. Or do you think the NFL would rig it so the glamorous Baltimore Ravens would win the Super Bowl this year. How bout the fact that the Cowboys have one ONE playoff game in 19 years? You don't think the NFL would looove to have Dallas consistently winning?

Refs calling penalties on us trying to force the Redskins to change their name? That's completely ridiculous...

#2901 shakinaiken

shakinaiken

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 1,806 posts

To be fair yeah, he had Reed open in the middle and also had moss open had he thrown a harder pass instead of a floater it's likely a touchdown. Moss had a step and plenty of room between him and the sidelines on his break

i agree, thus the reason why Kyle shouldn't be vilified. The play call was fine. Rg3 has to make the correct read

#2902 Davidmore27

Davidmore27

The Benchwarmer

• Members
  • 222 posts

You cant really believe that, do you?  Please say you're joking.  Their are bad calls made in EVERY game, against EVERY team.  There is no conspiracy.  Take the tin foil hat off

You know there was a time I felt the same as you but the more I watch the more I have my doubts.

#2903 Phat Hog

Phat Hog

The Franchise Player

• Members
  • 9,061 posts

We knew our D and special teams suck, but for the OL to give up 4 sacks in the 2nd half ?

#2904 RG3Hunna

RG3Hunna

The Backup

• Members
  • 2,223 posts

We are so terrible and we have not improved the whole front office/coaching staff needs to be fired, blow this whole thing up!!!!

#2905 Yng Lady88

Yng Lady88

The Starter

• Members
  • 2,732 posts

HTTR24_7 @HTTR24_7

Alfred Morris was stopped by Kyle Shanahan tonight.. Damn shame

WELP!

#2906 celticsalmon

celticsalmon

The Field Goal Team

• Members
  • 526 posts

I'm done with the the Shanahan era

#2907 beachboy757

beachboy757

The Field Goal Team

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

Weren't there people saying that our D was built to protect a lead?  lol.  Where is our pass rush?

#2908 RawRebel

RawRebel

The Waterboy

• Members
  • 57 posts

Why did we stop running the ball in the 2nd half? They couldn't stop Morris.We did the same thing in Denver.Did Kyle Shanahan go to the Jason Garrett school of play calling?

Edited by RawRebel, 07 November 2013 - 11:43 PM.

#2909 Rabsuz

Rabsuz

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Pretend they got the TD, then what? Would be giving is another heart attack during OT. This team is the worst win or lose it is physically painful.

Go for 2, let the game end on your terms.

Take it all or leave with nothing.  Its not like the defense could stop the power house of Matt Cassel in his prime when the game is on the line.

#2910 SkinsFanMania

SkinsFanMania

The Heavy Hitter

• Members
  • 7,053 posts

Rg3 had a very good game. The d lost this game for us

#2911 kjames35

kjames35

The Special Teams Ace

• Members
  • 367 posts

I have honestly never seen a hold as blatant as the one on Reed at the goal line.  Never,  He held him 3 times.  Even the idiot announcers were amazed.

I'm sorry but there is an agenda here.

2 games now and not a single holding call.

How 'bout a better defense? Damn asking for a hand out. There's no agenda here. This team agenda is not about winning. They lose to every ****ed up team they play. They got beat by Christian Ponder man!!!! They gave up 78% passing. **** a damn holding call. Play some damn defense.

#2912 WheresRickySanders83

WheresRickySanders83

The Field Goal Team

• Members
  • 652 posts

I really can't believe what I saw today in terms of the reffing. I saw a Redskin player pushed ten feet into the air, multiple shots at RG3s knees in the pocket after the play, and a complete mugging of Reed right in front of the ref and no flags on any of these. 

Edited by WheresRickySanders83, 07 November 2013 - 11:42 PM.

#2913 U C S D SkinsFan

U C S D SkinsFan

The Rookie

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:42 PM

Honestly, our defense is GARBAGE.  Our ST is GARBAGE.  Our offense shot itself in the foot.  No excuses, but the NFL is turning into the WWF.  Just like the NBA was and still is.  That was a very shady game by the refs.  I never complain about refs, but holy **** that was as clear as day.  

#2914 RiggosMohawk

RiggosMohawk

The Rookie

• Members
  • 1,225 posts

Watch the 4th down again in slo-mo. Obviously Tana was option #1 b/c Rob locks onto him from the snap. He is open for the route called and I can't fault the throw.

However Jordan completely smokes his man off the line with no help over the top, and it's an easy pitch and catch for 6. Maybe Rob should have checked to that as his primary read... maybe Kyle should have known that was a better option... either way we should have never been in that position.

#2915 Mocountyskins

Mocountyskins

The Rookie

• Members
  • 1,064 posts

The only thing that will make up for this loss is if I find out that I was accepted to Arkansas tomorrow.

#2916 devil421

devil421

The Field Goal Team

• Members
  • 458 posts

Listen.. stop complaining about the Ref's.. YES they were horrid.. But this is a 1-7 team.. NOW 2-7..[/quote]

If it was one game that's one thing.  We get screwed on calls EVERY WEEK.  Rinse and repeat.  Remember the Cowboys butt punt for example?  Yeah that's when I knew the name change political crap was creeping into the games.  Goodell is a NYC liberal, Snyder is a conservative and has disobeyed His Holyness The Commissioner and that will not be tolerated.  Goodell = Bloomberg    Politics has creeped into the games and the refs know who butters their bread.  That new union deal last year meant the refs sold their souls.

#2917 shakinaiken

shakinaiken

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 1,806 posts

BUT 38 SECONDS?! That's enough time to get back up and spike it if need be.

a running play in the redzone has bodies littering the ground, making it more difficult and inefficient to try and line and spike the ball. You have to call quick pass plays, to maximize your dwindling time.

#2918 BraunMan92

BraunMan92

The Field Goal Team

• Banned
  • 530 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

Our roster is HEALTHIER than when we were 10-6, and this is what we have to show for it??

#2919 MontanaSkins

MontanaSkins

The Field Goal Team

• Members
  • 531 posts

The officiating was poor. But the Vikings wanted it more than our Redskins.

#2920 abdcskins

abdcskins

The Starter

• Members
  • 2,614 posts

The Vikings shred us apart. The Vikings.

This defense sucks and there needs to be major upgrades. No ifs ands or buts.