Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Nah, I don't play hockey games

Been wrecking (and getting wrecked) in Skyrim

Outlasted (Better word than beat down or defeated) one of the Dragon Priests after I beat a frost Dragon in its lair. Guy popped out of the crypt and it was on. I forgot about how much of a pain in the ass they were. Took all of my slotted play time to beat it, floating around like a damn genie with that whoopin' stick of a magic staff.

Couldn't even summon my altronauchs because the sob kept corrupting them against me, and i kept having to fight both of them (which is basically suicide, and instant death). Haven't found the spell yet where you can banish them back to Oblivion when that happens.

I accidently wedged myself in between some huge stones at the cliff face that acted as natural shields for his massive ass fireballs that fired like rockets (even though you see the tells, like when he raises his staff up to hurl one, it hits so fast), and kept shattering my steadfast ward (I have not learned Greater ward yet seeing as I've not yet made it to Winterhold). I just hunkered down and went straight bow and arrow, wittling him down the rest of the way, and stopping to use the healing spell whenever he occasionally hit me (which is a near one shot every time on direct hit), then he starts firing ice spikes even faster then the fireballs, like bullets. I ducked, dodged, and got a direct Courage shot on Lydia so she could distract it enough for me to come up behind it with a conjured axe with two handed potion and finish it off.

Got homies awesome staff (it's basically launched firebombs) and his Dragon mask (Krosis), which is enchanted and adds to my light armor value (I wear mage armor, imperial brackets and vampiric boots). I'm pretty much beating the ever loving **** out of cats with this staff now, and it goes real well with fast healing in the other hand (when fighting archers or devastating melee opponents) and ice spike (when fighting Giants and mammoths). Bound weapons work like a charm, too, and make my character very formidable. 

Also did the CC "Art of Arcane" thing, which introduce cool new spells in the Destruction and other schools, like Strangle, a kamehameha like elemental bomb, and several other slightly more powerful spells that help with the lack of scaling.

Conjuration is my money maker right now though. pretty strong there, especially now that I have the staff, I can soul trap enemies to all the soul gems I've collected so far, and keep the staff charged, and keep whooping some candy ass. Its also good for the caves and dungeons, taking on  the waves of enemies, killing them, then turning  their dead back on them (arming them with my own weapons, then taking them back when they disintegrate after the spell wears off). 

All in all, it's been pretty fun

19 hours ago, max21 said:

I’m sure it’s been discussed but anyone played NHL 19 yet? 

Not yet.  I've been wanting to get it this year, I skipped last year.  Only thing is I just dropped a lot of $$$ on games the past couple of months.  Bought a second Switch and Splatoon 2 to be able to play with my daughter online at the same time.  Also picked up NBA 2k19 (deluxe or whatever it was), Destiny 2 Forsaken and a couple more.  

So much in fact my wife actually brought it to my attention after looking at the credit card bill this past weekend :ols:  Let me know if it's any good.  Actually, that should be available for me to try on the EA Access on Xbox One, if I get around to testing it out I'll let you know what I think.  Be warned though, I only play online head to head for this game and I'm probably not the best person to say how good a hockey game it really is compared to the previous versions.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:59 PM, Warhead36 said:

I love the Fallout universe. Playing with other people is just going to ruin it for me. Most likely gonna pass on 76 unless it really just blows everything out of the water.

Counting down the days till RDR2 though...

I'm with you, dude.  I watched the 3-hour hands on run that some youtubers received from Bethesda.  Watching 4-man squads defend positions and complete quests together just feels weird.

Again, I know Todd Howard and Bethesda have been open and honest (mostly honest anyway) admitting the multiplayer Fallout experience was an experiment and that they don't know what to expect just as much as us gamers don't.  We'll see how it goes.  But a Fallout game without NPCs....just doesn't compute. 

On 10/3/2018 at 7:19 AM, purbeast said:

Considering Forza 4 looks pretty much identical and "more of the same" as Horizon 3, which was pretty much identical and "more of the same" as Horizon 2, I'm going to agree that you are not that much of a racing fan :)

More of the same, sure. Pretty much identical to FH2? Not even close. ?

1 hour ago, Gamebreaker said:

More of the same, sure. Pretty much identical to FH2? Not even close. ?

I dunno man, I just can't get into Xbox anymore for the most part.  They have no creativity and are trying to turn X1 into a PC that hooks up to your TV basically.  I don't game on PC at all but pretty much all exclusivity on Xbox is gone at this point since everything comes out on PC anyways.  And the games that are PC/X1 exclusive are all sequels for the most part like Halo, Gears, Forza, etc.  The console just bores me to hell now a days.  They have like no first party studios and again, most of the exclusives are completely uninspiring and unoriginal.

I won an X1X from Taco Bell when they first came out and I've played 2 games on it.  Cuphead but only for like 90 minutes, and then Rise of Tomb Raider.  And I only got Rise of Tomb Raider for X1 since it was the cheapest option at the time.  But that isn't even an exclusive anyways.

I have always owned pretty much every console except Wii-U, and my MS consoles got the most play for the most part.  But this gen it's not even close.  Switch and PS4 get all of my play time.

And it's sad because I spent $800 at X1 launch to get X1, Killer Instinct, and the KI arcade stick.  But Killer Instinct was quickly ruined and that's a topic for another day.  I had high hopes for X1 but damn they are doing NOTHING that gets me excited.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Damn it Sin, now you're getting me into the mood to play Skyrim again.

He did the same thing to me like a week ago. I've had the remastered skyrim for pc since xmas. Hadn't played it until then. 

My Level 18 Mage is pretty badass. Long as nobody hits him. He like RG3 n Jordan Reed is made o glass.

Arch Mage o the college tho. Had to get the robes. Arch Mage robes + The Necromancer amulet = trouble. 

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Damn it Sin, now you're getting me into the mood to play Skyrim again.

Guess this won't help any

Went up against a gang of pyromancers holed up in these catacombs, rigged up like that wildfire scene from Game of Thrones. Was able to get through them, but I advertantly sacrificed Faendal along the way with a collateral firebomb from the staff. Made it to the chamber above and that crazy chick  is matrixing everything I arrow at her, throwing up the ward when I use magic, and when I get close, she hits me with some bull**** Ali flurries, but with fireballs ?.

First couple tries I just went straight ahead with bound sword and fast heal, but obviously that didn't work so great. She finally stopped dodging so much on that last try though (just missed her with the turtle wave), and I got her right in the middle of her attack withelemental bolt (aka kamehameha) after hitting her with arrows.

1 hour ago, clietas said:

He did the same thing to me like a week ago. I've had the remastered skyrim for pc since xmas. Hadn't played it until then. 

My Level 18 Mage is pretty badass. Long as nobody hits him. He like RG3 n Jordan Reed is made o glass.

Arch Mage o the college tho. Had to get the robes. Arch Mage robes + The Necromancer amulet = trouble. 

I originally have a background in marketing. I do this to everybody. ?

I know people are somewhat tired of the series, but-  Assassins Creed: Odyssey is a truly fantastic game. Put about 80 hours into Origins(last years title) and liked it alright. Came into Odyssey with low expectations, presuming it was a just a glorified re-skin of Origins. Boy was I wrong. Far more interesting narrative, with actual differences and consequences to the choices you make in game. Beautiful world, etc... Again, I'm shocked at how much I;m enjoying this game. 

57 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

I know people are somewhat tired of the series, but-  Assassins Creed: Odyssey is a truly fantastic game. Put about 80 hours into Origins(last years title) and liked it alright. Came into Odyssey with low expectations, presuming it was a just a glorified re-skin of Origins. Boy was I wrong. Far more interesting narrative, with actual differences and consequences to the choices you make in game. Beautiful world, etc... Again, I'm shocked at how much I;m enjoying this game. 

Too corporate

21 hours ago, purbeast said:

They have like no first party studios and again, most of the exclusives are completely uninspiring and unoriginal.

Hey look, I get having a preference. But preference can only go so far, we don't get to make up our own facts based on our preferences too. Microsoft has added 5 additional studios this year,  to go with the 6 they already owned. They now have 343 Industries, The Coalition, Mojang, Rare, Havoc, The Initiative, Ninja Theory, Undead Labs, Compulsion Games, Turn 10, Playground Games, and reports have come out this week they'll soon be announcing they've acquired Obsidian Entertainment as well. 

People may not like all of their games, but you'll be hard pressed to find games like Sea of Thieves and State of Decay on other platforms. It doesn't have to be your cup of tea, but claiming FH4 looks exactly like the older ones is a little out there bruh lol. 

18 hours ago, shakinaiken said:

I signed up for Google's Project Stream. The beta allows you to play AC:Odyssey for free. Hopefully I get in, will save me from having to spend money on the game. 

1 hour ago, Gamebreaker said:

Hey look, I get having a preference. But preference can only go so far, we don't get to make up our own facts based on our preferences too. Microsoft has added 5 additional studios this year,  to go with the 6 they already owned. They now have 343 Industries, The Coalition, Mojang, Rare, Havoc, The Initiative, Ninja Theory, Undead Labs, Compulsion Games, Turn 10, Playground Games, and reports have come out this week they'll soon be announcing they've acquired Obsidian Entertainment as well. 

People may not like all of their games, but you'll be hard pressed to find games like Sea of Thieves and State of Decay on other platforms. It doesn't have to be your cup of tea, but claiming FH4 looks exactly like the older ones is a little out there bruh lol. 

I was being a little sarcastic, but at the same time, it's still basically "more of the same" with a couple new features.  And it's not just FH that I'm bored with.  I literally stopped playing FPS games like 8 years ago because all of that **** became the same twitch shooter for the most part with COD coming out annually and I was never into BF.  I got sick of Halo by the time 4 rolled around, again just more of the same.  Gears of War 3 got stale as **** in part 3.  Those other 2 games you mention, Sea of Thieves and State of Decay, yes I don't care for those games at all so sure they have those 2 exclusives I guess but I didn't even know State of Decay was a big game.  I know Sea of Thieves was supposed to be a big game, but I have never heard anyone even talk about that game so I figured it didn't do too well.

And it's not just Xbox games though.  I didn't even finish Uncharted 4 because I got bored with it.  Another franchise that is just more of the same.  Sure the story is fun and I like the characters, but I don't get excited to play it anymore.  I had no interest in that spinoff either.

I loved what they did with God of War.  They basically reinvented that game and took a huge risk that paid off big time.   THAT is what we need more of with some of these IP's that have been around forever IMO.  The majority of sequels just feel like better graphics, some new features, and new story.  Sure that works for a little bit, but it also gets old to me and those games don't excite me anymore.

I legit don't know anyone anymore who plays COD and I used to play that game A TON.  Back when MW came out holy **** I was on that game so much.  Then MW2 came out and that was the beginning of the end for myself personally.  Then it was like 75% of the games coming out were FPS games trying to be those games.  And now you have COD trying to be Fortnite lol.  That's another game I have no interest in.  I've seen like 20 seconds of gameplay of that game and was like WTF?

Meh I'm just getting old.  Get off my lawn.  But I do speak with my wallet unlike a lot of these idiots who complain about all the microtransactions but then go out and buy COD Elite Edition and all of these season passes before even knowing what the content is.

This is also a big reason I'm really enjoying the Switch and PSVR because it's a huge breath of fresh air right now where in my opinion the AAA title market has been stagnant for a while.  I won't even get into RDR2 because I know most people here are anticipating the **** out of that game.  Sure it looks cool, but again, it looks like more of the same with some updated graphics and new features.  I mean horses balls change sizes based on the weather!

What PSVR FPS games do you like?  Farpoint is one of the best games I've ever played.  But I tried Arizona Sunshine and was not a fan, even with the Aim controller.  I have had Doom for like 8 months but I was expecting a left handed patch to come out at some point and it hasn't, so it's still sealed.  And it doesn't really seem like they give a **** about putting one out now at this point.  And I know RE7 isn't really an FPS even though it's from the first person perspective, but holy ****, that is also one of the best games I've ever played.  That game scared the crap out of me and I loved every second of it.

Best game I have right now is Firewall:Zero Horizon. Unfortunately for you the best action is PvP. It does have a solid PvE, but I think its PSN only as well. The game is simple, no story, 5 maps, and only 2 objectives. Hack the laptop or prevent the other team. Games last 5 minutes tops before the next one starts. 

The game is extremely addictive, realistic, and fun. The devs are talking about DLCs coming, they listen to the bugs people find and issues some have, and actively work on fixing them. They talk with us on Discord almost daily and have seen them on playing.

There are 4 more FPS on the horizon that I have seen 2 of them look excellent, the other 2 are ehhhh...wait and see.

Edit: ohhh and FZH is set up for right or left handed

16 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Best game I have right now is Firewall:Zero Horizon. Unfortunately for you the best action is PvP. It does have a solid PvE, but I think its PSN only as well. The game is simple, no story, 5 maps, and only 2 objectives. Hack the laptop or prevent the other team. Games last 5 minutes tops before the next one starts. 

The game is extremely addictive, realistic, and fun. The devs are talking about DLCs coming, they listen to the bugs people find and issues some have, and actively work on fixing them. They talk with us on Discord almost daily and have seen them on playing.

There are 4 more FPS on the horizon that I have seen 2 of them look excellent, the other 2 are ehhhh...wait and see.

Edit: ohhh and FZH is set up for right or left handed

Yeah I heard that game is really good.  I have no interest in playing a PVP game online in VR though otherwise I would have gotten it.

5 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Yeah I heard that game is really good.  I have no interest in playing a PVP game online in VR though otherwise I would have gotten it.

Yeah I know. Weve had this conversation...lol. as FPS goes..this is the best I've played and VR adds an entirely new dimension.  When you hit your gun on a crate or wall...you hear it, you feel it. You can lean forward to look around a corner. You can blind shoot around corners or over crates...

The devs added so much detail

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

They fix bugs? What sort of madness is this????

I know right? Surprised me as well...

16 hours ago, Xameil said:

Yeah I know. Weve had this conversation...lol. as FPS goes..this is the best I've played and VR adds an entirely new dimension.  When you hit your gun on a crate or wall...you hear it, you feel it. You can lean forward to look around a corner. You can blind shoot around corners or over crates...

The devs added so much detail

I know right? Surprised me as well...

Have you played I Expect You to Die on PSVR?  It's kind of been on my list and it's on sale for $15 so I was debating picking it up this weekend.

Archived