Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I still don't know which one I want...I have both preordered and I have a few games preorder on PS4 as well from the amazon deal. Maybe Microsoft put more money into advertising, because XBOX one has been all over the TV and looks awesome. 

I don't think you could go wrong with either system...

Not that the PS4 is a bad system, but it's mainly for the hardcore gamers that want nothing to do but play the games. For me, I'm looking for something that the whole family will be able to enjoy and get use of.

Really good to see somebody who prefers Xbox say that. Not so bad here on ES, but some of the fanboys on other forums I frequent can't grasp that concept.

I am the hardcore gamer that you speak of, all I care about is the games. We have a bunch of tech gadgets in our house to where we don't need to skype, stream music, or watch tv on our gaming console. Xbox One is without a doubt a much better entertainment system and has more nifty features, but that's not what I need from my console. I just want the games, and a kick ass, powerful piece of hardware to run them, which is what the PS4 gives me.

I'm personally hoping that the 360 will take it on the chin early on..as perhaps that would force Microsoft to consider selling their system without the useless $100 Kinect pos.

How is it useless?  They've actually made it a very important piece, not like the first kinect. 

I'm not sure how the play station gets the designation for the hardcore gamer when it's online experience to date has been incredibly ****ty in comparison to Xbox live. And there is barely anything right now to suggest that games will be significantly better on the PS4. This same stuff was said about Xbox 360 and PS3 and both systems were basically a wash power wise and the xbox online destroyed psn. It seems like Sony is again going to lag behind Microsoft in terms of offering newer and newer things.

If you want a powerful gaming brick, buy a PC ...

How is it useless?  They've actually made it a very important piece, not like the first kinect. 

I should have phrased that to read "useless pos to me (and many gamers like me)". I hate motion gaming and I have no interest in surfing the web or playing videos with my body parts. 

Just give me the system and a controller and let me play and DO NOT charge me for add-on's that I will never use.

I should have phrased that to read "useless pos to me (and many gamers like me)". I hate motion gaming and I have no interest in surfing the web or playing videos with my body parts.

Just give me the system and a controller and let me play and DO NOT charge me for add-on's that I will never use.

:)

This is too cool anybody at extremeskins want to start insanity and compete against each other?

Yep, that is legit, no doubt. A real next gen experience and honestly, I don't think the power differences will be that noticeable except on a handful of long developed PS4 exclusives but I guess we will see. Its not like its a Wii compared to a PS3 or 360. 

Wow, after seeing both reviews, I can honestly say I think I may be leaning more towards the Xbox one.  It just looks like the features are more polished.  And I have this feeling that the PS4 may have been rushed a little bit, just so Sony could get ahead of Microsoft in sales.  Meaning, most people only buy one system and the first system out is the one they buy, look at xbox 360 vs ps3...

This is going to be a really tough decision.

I am praying nothing is wrong with my XBOX ONE after that 3 ring crap. I am pretty sure Microsoft learned there lesson the console is massive and it has a huge fan inside. The XBOX ONE is at least 30% bigger and has a power brick as well. I am amazed that Sony was able to fit all the hardware inside that small box, even more amazing is it has no power brick its internal!, it has to be pushing out serious heat.

Sony issues so far systems failing, not cuttin on, harddrive problems, some ps4s are wobbly, the controller analog is showing extreme wear, the ps3 battery life 25 hours ps4 battery life 8 hours.

Please microsoft don't repeat the past crap, if my XBOX ONE doesn't work I am going to be PISSED!

I haven't read the Polygon review but I can probably guess and say they gave the PS4 a less than stellar (mediocre) review. MS happened to fund (+$700,000) their documentary so take anything they say with a grain of salt. Wait for DF or LoT to do their system reviews.

Truthfully these new consoles just seem like XBOX 260 version 2 and PS3 version 2.  Kind of like going from PlayStation to PlayStation 2 or N64 to Gamecube as opposed to Sega Saturn to Dreamcast.

That's why I'm in no hurry to buy one. My PS3 and 360 both work just fine. Sure the graphics may be a smidge better, but I feel like the PS3 and 360 have really good graphics now.

I waited in line overnight when 360 came out. But was burned so many times with all the bugs in the early versions that I'm just going to wait this one out and see the reviews and see which system is getting the most love from developers and such. Plus, this time next year I'm sure theyll be a price drop.

I guess for me, I never had the money, nor the time to buy a launch day system and now I finally have an opportunity to do it.  I have both preordered, so we will see which one I actually keep, but I am excited for a lot of the new features as well as things to come.   

I've seen some PS3 vs. PS4 comparisons and I'm surprised at how little difference there are between the two (COD Ghosts and Assassins Creed).  They are the same games with just moderately better graphics.

I can wait for awhile for next gen exclusives to come out and they crank up the graphics.

Archived