Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Think I ran into my first bug. It involved the settlement traps in Fallout 4. 

I gathered that I could make more efficient use of them by hooking them up to a laserbeam tripwire, then hooking them both up to a terminal, then setting the IFF so the traps don't kill me or my settlers (first time I hooked one up was the Tesla arc, and I hooked it straight to a generator and it literally blew me sky high, :ols: )

It worked fine the first time, was able to walk past the tripwire without setting anything off, and all my terminal settings were good, but all of a sudden, when i tried it several in game days later, my terminal settings would revert to default (Target on anyone, etc) and more importantly, my traps (because I added more chokepoints) would detonate upon connection again, even when they aren't directly connected to a power source.

Anybody experienced this? I tried disabling mods, but that doesn't seem to be the problem either.

Tried looking around other forums, but all the discussions  are centered around people who are trying to just figure out how to connect them properly (which I already do)

57 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Think I ran into my first bug. It involved the settlement traps in Fallout 4. 

I gathered that I could make more efficient use of them by hooking them up to a laserbeam tripwire, then hooking them both up to a terminal, then setting the IFF so the traps don't kill me or my settlers (first time I hooked one up was the Tesla arc, and I hooked it straight to a generator and it literally blew me sky high, :ols: )

It worked fine the first time, was able to walk past the tripwire without setting anything off, and all my terminal settings were good, but all of a sudden, when i tried it several in game days later, my terminal settings would revert to default (Target on anyone, etc) and more importantly, my traps (because I added more chokepoints) would detonate upon connection again, even when they aren't directly connected to a power source.

Anybody experienced this? I tried disabling mods, but that doesn't seem to be the problem either.

Tried looking around other forums, but all the discussions  are centered around people who are trying to just figure out how to connect them properly (which I already do)

LOL, like I said, I spent the minimum amount of time on settlement building.  Therefore, in lieu of traps hooked up to laserbeam tripwires and terminals (and I have no idea what IFF is), what I did was just build a ring of missile turrents at the edges of the settlements and in elevated positions.  And arm my settlers with spare miniguns and institute lasers.

I don't think I've ever built a single trap or used a single terminal.  

IFF (identification friend/foe; military/aviation term), basically a system designed to detect familiar (friendly) aircraft, or in this case, people, thereby rendering anything else nit detected as potentially hostile.

I don't want to have to manage too many people/resources at the outpost settlements (I figure I'll need to allocate more manpower and turrets closer to the city) so for the smaller places I just wall everything off and create chokepoints/killzones

Already worked once, hooked one point up to a siren, and got the alert awhile later, and by the time I got there everything was dead :ols:

2 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

Going to get PUBG on Xbox One X tomorrow. Hopefully it's as fun as Fortnite is. 

HA! I just posted about PUBG. 

It is a lot different than Fortnite. I couldn't get into the whole crafting thing. 

PUBG is great tho. Looks really nice running on the X. I haven't crashed or had any issues yet. 

4 hours ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

It is a lot different than Fortnite. I couldn't get into the whole crafting thing. 

PUBG is great tho. Looks really nice running on the X. I haven't crashed or had any issues yet. 

How many total players on Xbox?  Isn't it up to 100 on PC in the form of a battle royale, last man standing deathmatch?

Edit:  on Xbox's website it says multiplayer 2-100 people, so that sounds cool as ****.  

Finally figured out where I went wrong. Wasn't connecting my traps/wires the right way  (its a very delicate process). It's all good now. Anyone ****ing with my ? is gonna get burned, shocked, zapped, heavily irradiated, and if they sooehow survive that, gunned down by about 20 people carrying big ass machine guns and energy weapons.

I've literally been drilling the entire camp via siren trying to get the placement/timing right :ols:

19 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

How many total players on Xbox?  Isn't it up to 100 on PC in the form of a battle royale, last man standing deathmatch?

Edit:  on Xbox's website it says multiplayer 2-100 people, so that sounds cool as ****.  

Yep, it's the same as PC. 100 players on an island Hunger Games style. With a mist that is slowly closing in and drawing everyone to the center. 

27 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

@Mr. Sinister

Did you get Overseer's Guardian yet?

Nope. I am just getting around to the "Jewel of the Commonwealth" mission. O mostly have been preoccupied with Minutemen/Settlement stuff, and robbing/slaughtering bandits, scavengers, and unwary stragglers, and raiding vacant buildings for resources

6 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Yep, it's the same as PC. 100 players on an island Hunger Games style. With a mist that is slowly closing in and drawing everyone to the center. 

Played it all last night.  Love the game!  Especially for only $30.  I had zero connection issues, no disconnects, no lag, etc.  It can get slightly tiresome running when they rezone the area to draw people in, depending where you are.  I've started trying to anticipate where the center will be and get close to it and hunker down in a building.  I made it to the 4th survivor out of 100, but only had one kill :ols:  But since it's a survival game, I imagine that most people aren't going to be racking up 25 kills, etc. per game.

Now is this just an unfinished beta game at this point?  Cause there is only one map.  

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Nope. I am just getting around to the "Jewel of the Commonwealth" mission. O mostly have been preoccupied with Minutemen/Settlement stuff, and robbing/slaughtering bandits, scavengers, and unwary stragglers, and raiding vacant buildings for resources

Getting to Fenway opens up a lot of the game and several companions.  Still, I recommend getting that gun early. 

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Will we have to buy an entire new game?  Or will they update the beta to where we have the full version?

Because you bought it while in preview, your $30 fulfills the purchase for the full game when it's finished. 

It also helps with updates, as they don't need to wait to get their patches and updates certified by Microsoft. Which usually takes a week to get completed. 

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Getting to Fenway opens up a lot of the game and several companions.  Still, I recommend getting that gun early. 

Speaking of early guns, a funny thing did happen. I had to defend the big farm, and I got one raider, who happened to drop an alien blaster.

Go figure :ols:

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Played it all last night.  Love the game!  Especially for only $30.  I had zero connection issues, no disconnects, no lag, etc.  It can get slightly tiresome running when they rezone the area to draw people in, depending where you are.  I've started trying to anticipate where the center will be and get close to it and hunker down in a building.  I made it to the 4th survivor out of 100, but only had one kill :ols:  But since it's a survival game, I imagine that most people aren't going to be racking up 25 kills, etc. per game.

Now is this just an unfinished beta game at this point?  Cause there is only one map.  

This sounds pretty damn sweet. How do weapons work as in determining who has what? Would be cool if there were random weapon crates dropped so people can fight over them like the hunger games

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This sounds pretty damn sweet. How do weapons work as in determining who has what? Would be cool if there were random weapon crates dropped so people can fight over them like the hunger games

There are weapons lying in the floor along with ammo in houses, schools, etc.  You can drive some vehicles.  I think there might be some advanced weapons like rocket launchers or grenade launchers (need to research this though) as I swear I saw **** exploding north of me one time.  Could have been grenades, I picked up a couple of them.  

Not sure if the weapons available are random spawns each time or set spawns.  You can get helmets, bulletproof vests, etc.  Found some attachments for various rifles/shotguns too.  

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Sold. Once that game releases full speed I want in. Is it FPS or TPS? 

I imagine an Assassins Creed style game would work really really in that scenario too, hiding in trees and stuff as you slowly creep along closer and closer. 

I think it can be both. I know there is definitely a third person perspective, but it'll go to FPS if you scope in with a rifle. I'll know for certain when I play it tonight. 

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Will we have to buy an entire new game?  Or will they update the beta to where we have the full version?

They have a new map right now on the test server for PC. Its a desert map. Very flat. Most people seem to like it. 

17 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I imagine an Assassins Creed style game would work really really in that scenario too, hiding in trees and stuff as you slowly creep along closer and closer. 

On PC they have TPS/FPS servers as well as FPS only servers. Really hope they bring FPS only servers to console as i hate the fact that i can lay on the floor in front of a window and see people. 

7 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I think it can be both. I know there is definitely a third person perspective, but it'll go to FPS if you scope in with a rifle. I'll know for certain when I play it tonight. 

Yes, u can play either way. But you are at a major disadvantage if you play FPS only in a TPS server. Even just looking around is harder. 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Right now if you buy it it's only $30.  Not sure if they will raise the price to 50-60 after the full release or not.  You can switch between either FPS or TPS.  

8 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Hows PUBG running on the original xbox one? Ive read/heard mixed results. 

I had zero issues last night.  Played it for about 4 hours straight.  Every once in a while there would be some flickering with the textures along the horizon, but nothing that impacted game play and no connectivity issues, lag, etc.   And I'm playing on the original XBox One.  

Archived