Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

5 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

If one were to play Mass Effect Andromeda, is it necessary to play the other three first?  Through EA Access on my Xbox One, I get them for free and have downloaded them.  Even started playing the first one but I didn't save so I have to start it all over again.  But as posted on here before, I play a lot of other online games (FPS, Madden, NBA2k, etc.), so my time is limited.

You don't have to play them to understand what's going on in Andromeda, although you will have questions about who these alien races are. The alien races that were introduced in the OT, aren't really explained in ME:A. The two new alien races are focused on. They do a decent job of explaining what's going on, and don't really touch on the events that happened in the OT. In the Nexus, you could go to the Cultural Center and learn more about the different races, but it's within the game so expect some politics within the info. 

I would play the series since you have EA Access. Although I've played it a gazillion times, I'm going to finish my playthrough of the trilogy I started before Andromeda came out. I'm on ME2(IMO, the best one) now. 

3 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I would play the series since you have EA Access. Although I've played it a gazillion times, I'm going to finish my playthrough the trilogy I started before Andromeda came out. I'm on ME2(IMO, the best one) now. 

my ps3 died on me right after I finished my first playthrough of ME3. i bought the trilogy when they had it on Origin 8 bucks, but i am not a computer gamer and need to find a decent controller for my laptop

i played ME2 just about every way it could be played. i think its the only game in which i've purchased every piece of DLC available

4 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

If one were to play Mass Effect Andromeda, is it necessary to play the other three first?  Through EA Access on my Xbox One, I get them for free and have downloaded them.  Even started playing the first one but I didn't save so I have to start it all over again.  But as posted on here before, I play a lot of other online games (FPS, Madden, NBA2k, etc.), so my time is limited.

No, but it will leave you with a lot of questions as to what happened.

There are various hints and references throughout the game to past characters, battles, missions, etc, and you will not understand..... Not entirely anyway. You probably won't even have a strong grasp of the mass effect phenomena, since it does not exist in Andromeda (at least as we've come to know it as long time fans of the franchise)

Been pretty fun riding around getting big air i  the low g of the asteroid world. landed back at the Nexus earlier, and theres a huge mystery involving just exactly what went down when the **** hit the fan on the Hyperion. Also another big time player involved in the Andromeda Initiatives funding.

If you recall who the richest guys were in  the trilogy, it opens up a potentially big plot twist

http://www.theverge.com/2017/4/6/15204264/project-scorpio-specifications-microsoft-xbox

Microsoft reveals its final Xbox Project Scorpio specs

Everything we know about the next Xbox

Digital Foundry wasn't able to test this fully, but Microsoft did provide a ForzaTech demonstration with the Xbox One engine operating at native 4K, and locked at 60 fps. The GPU utilization remained between 60 and 70 percent during the demo, suggesting the console has power to spare.

Scorpio also features vapor-chamber cooling inside, a technology that's used on high-end PC gaming cards like the GTX 1080. All of this is packed into hardware that's described as "compact," complete with an integrated power supply unit. Microsoft is also unlocking a new spatial surround sound option on Scorpio, and even existing Xbox One consoles will be able to take advantage of this. Spatial surround will help in 7.1 setups, but Microsoft is also adding a proprietary format called HRTF, developed by the HoloLens team. This suggests the Windows Mixed Reality headset support for Scorpio will be comprehensive when it's available next year.

As much as I am enjoying andromeda, I'm kinda missing the renegade choices. I can agree with critics who think the new dialogue choices are a step back from what the original trilogy had. Bioware claims they wanted choices to be more about what you want instead of doing a specific option because it's good or bad. But I see most choices are really just emotional response or logical response. Which I find to be less freedom than before. You're never going to get the option with Ryder to do this: 

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SloMoBackSlap/video/26889012

Although I'll admit none of Ryder's crew are as difficult to deal with as Wrex was, that could also be seen as an indictment upon the Andromeda crew not being as interesting. Regardless, still enjoying the game and I like the animation improvements since last week's patch. 

10 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

As much as I am enjoying andromeda, I'm kinda missing the renegade choices. I can agree with critics who think the new dialogue choices are a step back from what the original trilogy had. Bioware claims they wanted choices to be more about what you want instead of doing a specific option because it's good or bad. But I see most choices are really just emotional response or logical response. Which I find to be less freedom than before. You're never going to get the option with Ryder to do this: 

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SloMoBackSlap/video/26889012

Although I'll admit none of Ryder's crew are as difficult to deal with as Wrex was, that could also be seen as an indictment upon the Andromeda crew not being as interesting. Regardless, still enjoying the game and I like the animation improvements since last week's patch. 

There are some renegade-y like choices though, not so much in dialogue but in those quicktime snap decision moments. Don't want to spoil but at the end of one of the boss battles you have that kind of option.

I didn't play much last week, so caught up some today. Liam's loyalty mission is hilarious. And Black Widow V is so insane. One shot clears an entire shield. Black Widow + Revenant with Combat/Tech build and Infiltrator profile is a lot of fun.

49 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Damn can't believe you shot Wrex. I've never seen that. I always liked him too much to consider that option 

Oh, I restarted from the last game save right after that lol. That was my most recent playthrough(so like, number 6 for me), and I just wanted to record that and then go back and convince him to follow orders. 

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There are some renegade-y like choices though, not so much in dialogue but in those quicktime snap decision moments. Don't want to spoil but at the end of one of the boss battles you have that kind of option.

I didn't play much last week, so caught up some today. Liam's loyalty mission is hilarious. And Black Widow V is so insane. One shot clears an entire shield. Black Widow + Revenant with Combat/Tech build and Infiltrator profile is a lot of fun.

Yeah, I've had like two renegade actions to choose. But I didn't find either of them to be much of a renegade thing to do. Looking forward to the boss one. 

42 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Damn can't believe you shot Wrex. I've never seen that. I always liked him too much to consider that option 

Ive shot him, and ordered him shot. My renegade FemShep was weary of Krogan. I also shot Mordin in the back when he tried to cure the genophage :ols:

Beat the game last night. I like all the characters in Andromeda. It makes sense that you don't get a Wrex type of situation often with Ryder's Initiative crew. They're more tied together by a common purpose than Shepard's crew, and are together from the start, on the voyage from the Milky Way.

Everyone in the trilogy (aside from Kaidan) all joined Shepard later, for various reasons. We had 3 Mass Effect games to learn to love Shepard s crew, versus 1 for Ryder, and honestly, for one game, i think this crew stacks up better than Shepard's crew from a single game standpoint. A lot of hilarity, too

Just now, Gamebreaker said:

http://www.pcgamer.com/rumor-a-new-kotor-game-is-in-development-at-bioware-austin/

I'm excited. This is soooooo great. And KOTOR, Jade Empire, and Mass Effect lead writer Drew Karpyshyn is back with Bioware and may be writing this remake/revival too. 

Would love for this to be true but I highly doubt it. The MMO is still active so I doubt they'd make a new single player game. Maybe a new IP.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Would love for this to be true but I highly doubt it. The MMO is still active so I doubt they'd make a new single player game. Maybe a new IP.

Well the guys who leaked this rumor apparently has leaked a lot of accurate info about bioware in the past. And Karpyshyn has admitted he is working on a game, has been back with bioware since 2015, yet didn't work on andromeda. 

I think it's true. Since EA still has exclusive rights to produce Star Wars games for Disney until 2020. And they own bioware. Why not revive the best Star Wars game ever? It also makes since it won't be a straight up reboot since the original KOTOR, KOTOR 2, and Old Republic are no longer considered canon since Disney bought the license. 

Archived