Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Not much a difference, but I think the Xbox One wins. The picture's a little sharper. I'm still on the fence about forking over $500 on the Xbox One, but I want one really bad.

I know there's an Xbox 360 vs PS4 thread, but I wasn't sure if the next generation consoles were being discussed.

my buddy is getting Xb1 ... I've always been a Sony guy ... but I rarely play videogames anymore ... with the exception of some Tiger Woods, occasional Madden ... and the most recent, rare obsession with GTAV ...

I'm primarily going to use this as an entertainment console. I have the PS3 ... but I'm wondering if the difference won't really be that significant. I have a new 47" 120hz 1080p LED and apparently even that TV can't maximize what these new consoles can do ... so basically there won't be a significant increase in quality from a graphics standpoint.

I'm kinda leaning Xbox ... simply because it would be something different, and I think I could get away with the PS3 for the Sony platform. That being said ... haven't done much research and likely won't be getting one until mid to late 2014

Xbox One will be superior to PS4 in just about every aspect besides "hardware" specs.  While the specs look better for a PS4, cloud computing is the future and it's just 1 feature of Xbox One that will make vastly superior to PS4.  I have bias for Microsoft, but I strongly considered a PS4 until Microsoft finally listened to the people with there bogus rules of used games, ect.  But cloud computing has me excited, especially considering my broadband connection is pretty wicked.

I don't know how anyone can look at that and think the lower res, over-saturated, crushed blacks on the XO looks better than the PS4, which looks much closer to the PC version on Ultra.

Also, using a compressed youtube video to draw your conclusions is fatally flawed. You have to see it in person. There is no comparison between the two.

BTW....DF screwed the direct capture feeds on both sources.

I am so ready for Next Gen!!!! Can't wait until Nov 22 hell I can't wait until the 15th and I am not getting a PS4. Those battlefield graphics wow!! The draw distance in that open area with all the birds is amazing. XBOX ONE looked better in the vid but I have pretty much came to terms that the PS4 may have the slightly better graphics but not a difference to make a big deal about.

One more thing do we to have a fanboy thread where it's ps4 vs ps4 how about a NEXT GEN Gaming thread.

Tried to pull by trying to further the industry

The original policy with the DRM had awesome advantages and it had it's disadvantages as well being 1. No way to sell your games, 2. the dreaded check in and 3. game sharing which I think was a true next gen feature. Imagine 10 of us having the xbox one here on extremeskins and each of us brought 1 different game but we could just all share our games. That's just totally awesome and for me seemed way to good to be true the ability to share your entire game library with 10 friends. I am pretty sure it would have been some kind of restriction on how many games at a time but still that' would have been cool.

The check in, just saying check in to your own console that you own? just rubs people the wrong way. That had to happen cause the xbox one disc was not needed after install so if there wasn't a check in the people can download the disc and pass it to the next person a pirating nightmare. So the check in has to happen, even though it used just KBs of data and you could have even used your phone.

I have two problems with microsofts approach one it's total **** of PR they had. The original policy I felt was revolutionary in some ways but they failed horribly in getting the message out.

There is no question that like it or not DRM will be back one day. Disc will fade away in the sunset and everything will be streamed. So DRM will be back and it is the future. The people wasn't ready for it and they changed it.

WOW. So apparently Target will be having a Buy 2, Get 1 Free sale on games the launch week of PS4. This includes brand new launch titles. I was going to order Shadow Fall from Amazon. I will happily buy it from Target along with BF4 and a grab AC4 for free!!!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/30/target-offering-buy-2-get-1-free-deal-during-ps4-launch-week

Well neither is running 1080p natively, that is a disappointment. The PS4 runs at 1600×900 compared to 1280×720 of the XB1.  I have read that the upscale for the XB1 is better than Sony's.  Also that the multiplayer for the PS4 is buggy when getting out of game and can crash/freeze.  Unless you are a true pixel peeper, there really is no difference.  Where one falls short at the other is better.  It's like DSLR's, Canon and Nikon are both great, there is no one true winner.  Never will be. As far as the price difference, XB1 has the Kinect bundled and the PS4 doesn't include it. I'd rather have a choice, and hopefully MS goes that route. But you have to buy the camera for the PS4 for $60, and then the controllers/attachment to make it work. The Kinect you don't. I could be wrong, but I still think the PS4 needs those glowing bubbles for the camera system to work. 

WOW. So apparently Target will be having a Buy 2, Get 1 Free sale on games the launch week of PS4. This includes brand new launch titles. I was going to order Shadow Fall from Amazon. I will happily buy it from Target along with BF4 and a grab AC4 for free!!!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/30/target-offering-buy-2-get-1-free-deal-during-ps4-launch-week

Thanks this looks to be a good deal for sure!

I have both systems on Preorder and probably will keep only one and sell the other.  I am not too concerned with the Cloud Computing, it's overhyped in my opinion and Sony will have just as good as infrastructure as microsoft eventually.  There are so many issues with cloud computing in general and to REALLY leverage it's capabilities, you will need an EXTREMELY large bandwidth.  Hardware to Hardware comparison PS4 is better.  Obviously, time will tell in this battle.  I am excited for both.

Fixed it for you sir. :D

And why do we have three threads discussing the next-gen systems? lol

I know lol I was happy to continue the conversation in the 360 vs PS3 thread.

Regarding BF4 video above, it does look better to my poorly untrained eye on the Xbox One but to be fair, I believe BF4 was designed and built on the One and is essentially being ported to the PS4 so I would expect that, if true. 

Both systems are going to be awesome. I'll have both, just don't know when since none of the stuff I wanted to sell for next gen funds were "bought now" on eBay.  :unsure:

Tried to pull by trying to further the industry

The original policy with the DRM had awesome advantages and it had it's disadvantages as well being 1. No way to sell your games, 2. the dreaded check in and 3. game sharing which I think was a true next gen feature. Imagine 10 of us having the xbox one here on extremeskins and each of us brought 1 different game but we could just all share our games. That's just totally awesome and for me seemed way to good to be true the ability to share your entire game library with 10 friends. I am pretty sure it would have been some kind of restriction on how many games at a time but still that' would have been cool.

The check in, just saying check in to your own console that you own? just rubs people the wrong way. That had to happen cause the xbox one disc was not needed after install so if there wasn't a check in the people can download the disc and pass it to the next person a pirating nightmare. So the check in has to happen, even though it used just KBs of data and you could have even used your phone.

I have two problems with microsofts approach one it's total **** of PR they had. The original policy I felt was revolutionary in some ways but they failed horribly in getting the message out.

There is no question that like it or not DRM will be back one day. Disc will fade away in the sunset and everything will be streamed. So DRM will be back and it is the future. The people wasn't ready for it and they changed it.

I actually liked their original plan. So will we not be able to share games without discs?

I know lol I was happy to continue the conversation in the 360 vs PS3 thread.

Regarding BF4 video above, it does look better to my poorly untrained eye on the Xbox One but to be fair, I believe BF4 was designed and built on the One and is essentially being ported to the PS4 so I would expect that, if true. 

Both systems are going to be awesome. I'll have both, just don't know when since none of the stuff I wanted to sell for next gen funds were "bought now" on eBay.  :unsure:

The capture on the Digital Foundry video was faulty for both systems resulting in blown out colors on the XO and washed out blur on the PS4.  Leadbetter admitted to this. 

And it was developed on the PC and ported to the XO and PS4 (closer in PC architecture).

Archived