Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Officiating

RichmondRedskin88

First thing- I'm NOT blaming the loss on the officiating

However, the holdings for ridiculous.  We got choked to death yet we got called for minor holds.  Not to mention block in the backs not being called.

Also what the heck with the punt thing.  Passive player stuff.  We had the exactly thing happen to us a few years ago on the road and it was a fumble then.

It was bad enough on the one play in the 3rd or 4th when the game was still close, Orakpo was taken to the ground with no call. Dallas got a first down on that play. I turned to my wife and said, "the fix is in. We can't win this game." I NEVER have said that before about officiating in any NFL game. We must have gotten called for 4 holds vs Dallas with none, and they had Rak from the first possession.

It's not the only reason we lost, don't get me wrong. Offense looked meh. Special teams terrible. But it was a HUGE factor in the game, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Officiating was bad but our team/coaching/gameplan was worse.. On that first drive I really though we had something going. Then a couple bad plays, lack of execution, settle for fg's, abandon the no huddle, lack of discipline on teams and the wheels were on there way to falling off.. Funny thing is, with all that we were still in the game until the missed fg and sack/fumble..

It seems a weekly ritual to have these "officiating was awful" threads, and I understand the sentiment. I have a friend who is a Lions fan who is convinced the officials have it in for the Lions. I have a friend who is an Eagles fan who is convinced the officials have it in for the Eagles. Statistically, we have more of a claim- since we're one of the most penalized teams in the league.

Personally I think we had 1 call against us I disagreed with, and 1 call in our favor I also disagreed with. Fans are quick to forget all of the things which went in our favor which may have been questionable, but we get our share.

I think the frequency of our penalties statistically as well as the frequency of these threads points to a problem in discipline and coaching, but that is an issue for another thread.

Officiating was awful, as is to be expected every time we play Dallass, especially in JerruhWorld! But our special teams lost this game for us! And offense just wasn't clicking much of the game, especially on third downs. Plus, Kyle called a TERRIBLY unispired game, and didn't adjust at all for the second half!

However, I would like to know if that was defensive pass interference against Santana on the interception in the end zone?  I accidentally deleted the recording of the game, so I can't go back and watch it. It sure looked like Santana was tackled on that play!

i am blaming the loss on the Refs and ST (although there were missed calls on all of the big run backs).  I thought Moss was interfered or at least contacted with (after 5 yards) on the last pass interception. Not to mention the ususal miss holds. All of the calls re hitting RG3 were fine since he was in the white everytime. 

The Redskins didn't play bad. 

Officiating was awful, as is to be expected every time we play Dallass, especially in JerruhWorld! But our special teams lost this game for us! And offense just wasn't clicking much of the game, especially on third downs. Plus, Kyle called a TERRIBLY unispired game, and didn't adjust at all for the second half!

However, I would like to know if that was defensive pass interference against Santana on the interception in the end zone?  I accidentally deleted the recording of the game, so I can't go back and watch it. It sure looked like Santana was tackled on that play!

It is possible that it was 2 players getting tangled up, I didn't see who got an arm on who. It wouldn't have been a ball in the air foul most likely, but it may have been like the Amerson penalty on the opening drive where he and the WR got tangled, he held on a little too long, they both fell down, and the ball went sailing past them.

Blaming the refs is a loser mentality. We had the ball with a first down on the Dallas 30 with a chance to take the lead late in the 3rd quarter and blew it. End of story.

So sick of hearing about Orakpo's missed holding calls every loss . If all he can do is get held without any counter at all and be overly dramatic throwing his arms up in the air then he needs to pack his bags.

Blaming the refs is a loser mentality. We had the ball with a first down on the Dallas 30 with a chance to take the lead late in the 3rd quarter and blew it. End of story.

So sick of hearing about Orakpo's missed holding calls every loss . If all he can do is get held without any counter at all and be overly dramatic throwing his arms up in the air then he needs to pack his bags.

It's laughable to blame officials for losing and it's equally laughable to complain about holding calls in the NFL. When the Redskins have big plays, they get away with holding too.

Also, Moss wasn't touched on the interception in the end zone.

Penalties didn't stop RGIII from holding the ball too long or from the O-line getting abused by a bunch of back ups.

It was bad enough on the one play in the 3rd or 4th when the game was still close, Orakpo was taken to the ground with no call. Dallas got a first down on that play. I turned to my wife and said, "the fix is in. We can't win this game." I NEVER have said that before about officiating in any NFL game. We must have gotten called for 4 holds vs Dallas with none, and they had Rak from the first possession.

It's not the only reason we lost, don't get me wrong. Offense looked meh. Special teams terrible. But it was a HUGE factor in the game, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I thought the same thing on that play. 

I think the officiating did control the game.  You take away the blocks in the back and without question one of the long returns is negated.  The "engaged" punt call was utter bs and different from every other call you or I or any other fan has seen in every game in NFL history.  Most telling is that it was a tale of two halves in terms of officiating.

I think it was so bad that Goodell gave them a call at halftime.  They called a different and somewhat better game in the second half.  The fact that you are questioning the two RGIII hits when he was well out of bounds with no chance unless RGIII can break the rules of physics to stay in play is telling.  You're raching for a false equivalency.

A very large piece of why this game was lost was because the refs turned a blind eye on some huge infractions.  17 points at least were gifted by the refs.  (At least 3 for us on the bad punt call, and 14 on the returns.)

That's the game folks despite the fact that our play was pretty bad.

Every team's fans thinks the officials are out to get them.  It's a mentality that's easy to fall into, I find myself doing the same thing.

For every post here about how officials favor the Cowboys, there are ten at CZ every week for holding non-calls on Demarcus Ware every week.

All in all though, I've been pretty disappointed in the officiating this season.  Not sure what the deal is.

The officiating was pretty bad last night. I wish Ed Hoculi(sp?) and his crew were there.

Things from blocks in the back to blatant holding calls at the LOS were just plain ridiculous.

Referees and their crews get graded by the NFL and I could see them receiving a D- at best.

This heavily contested game deserved better.

The blocked into the ball thing on the punt was laughable.

The 2nd pf that RG3 drew was questionable at best.  The guy barely touched Griff, and it looked like he got the upper chest, not the face, I think.

The one that sorta burns me up, that no one seems to be talking about was the hit on the punt return that injured Amerson.  They never showed a great replay, so maybe I'm wrong, but it sure looked like he got blindsided with a launching helmet to helmet hit (i.e., a personal foul 3 different ways).  Couldn't believe the announcers kept referring to it as a good block.  I thought it was dirty as hell, and that dude should get a big fine.

But this loss is not on the refs.  We had plenty of chances to win.  Lost because our OL got whipped all day and our WRs couldn't get open against man-to-man coverage. 

Archived