Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

I started this in Sept. 2013.  As of 2:40am on 11/9/16; Donald Trump wins Presidency. We had 16 Republicans & 5 Democrats who ran.

Here's the link to Kilmer17's Prediction thread:

http://es.redskins.com/topic/406907-election-prediction-thread/

Your Official 2016 Winner

16.  Donald Trump- 2016 Republican Nominee wins Presidency at 2:40 am on 11/9/16.

Droping Out

14.  9/11/15 - Rick Perry

20.  9/21/15 - Scott Walker

19.  10/20/15- Jim Webb

13.  10/23/15- Lincoln Chafee

17.  11/17/15- Bobby Jindal

9.  12/21/15- Lindsey Graham

10.  12/29/15- George Pataki

12.  2/1/16- Martin O'Malley

8.  2/1/16- Mike Huckabee

2.  2/3/16- Rand Paul

11.  2/3/16- Rick Santorum

6.  2/10/16- Carly Fiorina

18.  2/10/16- Chris Christie

22.  2/12/16- Jim Gilmore

15.  2/20/16- Jeb Bush

7.  3/4/16-  Dr. Ben Carson

4.  3/15/16-  Marco Rubio

1.  5/3/16- Ted Cruz

21.  5/4/16- John Kasich

5.  7/12/16- Bernie Sanders

3.  11/9/16- Hillary Clinton concedes race.

2016 will be the 4th Presidential election 32 years where no incumbent was running.

1988, 2000, 2008 were the most recent races where it was open on both sides.

http://www.2016election.com/2016-republican-nomination-odds/

Chris Christie 7/1 Marco Rubio 8/1 Sarah Palin 10/1 Paul Ryan 12/1 Rand Paul 15/1 Jeb Bush 18/1 Mike Huckabee 18/1 Eric Cantor 20/1 Mike Pence 20/1 Bob McDonnell 25/1 John Kasich 28/1 John Thune 30/1 Jon Huntsman 30/1 Bobby Jindal 30/1 Luis Fortuño 35/1 Jim Demint 35/1 Scott Walker 35/1 Scott Brown 35/1 Ken Cuccinelli 40/1 Rob Portman 40/1 Rick Santorum 40/1 Tim Pawlenty 40/1 Nikki Haley 40/1 Susana Martinez 40/1 Kelly Ayote 45/1 Rick Perry 45/1 Mitch Daniels 50/1 Julian Castro 75/1 Newt Gingrich 100/1 Pat Toomey 100/1 Herman Cain 200/1 Condi Rice 500/1 Mitt Romney 500/1 Donald Trump 500/1 Field 18/1

At this point I think the Republican race will be between the Tea Party wing: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz  and the establishment wing:  Chris Christie, Jeb Bush.  It will be one or the other.  

http://www.2016election.com/2016-democratic-presidential-nomination-odds/

Hillary Clinton 5/1 Joe Biden 8/1 Andrew Cuomo 12/1 Rahm Emmanuel 15/1 Evan Bayh 15/1 Martin O’Malley 15/1 Tim Kaine 15/1 Mark Warner 18/1 Elizabeth Warren 20/1 Dennis Kucinich 20/1 Amy Klobuchar 20/1 Jim Webb 25/1 Brian Schweitzer 25/1 Sherrod Brown 30/1 Kathleen Sebelius 30/1 Claire McCaskill 30/1 Kirsten Gillibrand 35/1 Bob Casey, Jr. 35/1 Janet Napolitano 40/1 Ken Salazar 50/1 Kay Hagan 50/1 John Tester 50/1 Harold Ford, Jr. 100/1 Bill Ritter 100/1 Al Sharpton 150/1 Jack Reed 150/1 Al Gore 200/1 Al Franken 200/1 Michelle Obama 500/1 Field 12/1

On the Democratic side; it's Hillary's race to lose.  I think she's the heavy favorite not only for the nomination but for the Presidency.  As we saw in 2008; she can be defeated.  I don't know who among the democrats would be that Barack Obama of 2016.  It would have to be someone who is Female and probably someone who is hispanic. 

I'd almost pay to see the reaction from the NWO/Reptilian crowd if Jeb were to end up very much in play.

I'm not sure he runs and i really don't think he has much of a shot unless the Tea Party leaves the Republican party.  Still, I think the DEMS even if it isn't Hillary are the overwhelming favs for 2016.  Even with OBama fatigue and the modern historical fact about one party winning 3 presidential elections in a row.  That only happened once since WW2. 

After 8 years of Republicans from 52-60, country went Democratic.  After 8 years of Dems from 60-68, country went  Republican.  8 years Republican 68-76 and the coutry went democratic 76-80. Then the country went Republican again and this time for 3 terms, 80-92.  It went back to democrats for 8 years 92-00.  Republican again from 00-08.  Dems again since 08.

The winning electorate is overwhelming Democratic.  The right wing believes a candidate like Ted Cruz would get them the Republican vote that sat out in 2012 and thus victory.   I think a Ted Cruz candidate while bringing out more like minded right wingers would also bring out more that Democratic vote that sat out in 2012.  There are more Dems supporters than Republican.

Any Republican candidate for president will have to win some of the democratic vote that gave Obama 2 electoral wins and I don't see that happening.   Whatever wins the right wings get in 2014 won't mean that they will get the majority of the votes in 2016.

The 2 Republicans that could concievable win the Presidency are the ones most likely not  get much traction in the primaries.

Hillary brings issues, sure.  And she'll be 70.  Hubby doesn't think she'll run.  I think she doesn't really want to, but for the love & benefit of the country, she will.  And if she does, she'll win HUGE.

If she doesn't run, we'll probably want O'Malley.

The only R for us is Huntsman.

the republican vote that "sat out" in '12 wasn't the difference. They even admitted it was the growing Latino population that went Obama last year. Something like 18K eligible new voters from that demographic a day. Folks who aren't agreeing with the GOP at the moment on immigration. So, would a guy like Cruz or Rubio make a difference? I don't think so unless they specifically run on what they've been opposing.

the republican vote that "sat out" in '12 wasn't the difference. They even admitted it was the growing Latino population that went Obama last year. Something like 18K eligible new voters from that demographic a day. Folks who aren't agreeing with the GOP at the moment on immigration. So, would a guy like Cruz or Rubio make a difference? I don't think so unless they specifically run on what they've been opposing.

It worked for Romney...he wanted to kill his own healthcare plan & technically say the voters of Massachusetts were idiots.  By November his own party didn't believe a word coming out of his mouth.  It will be the same with Cruz & Rubio.  They've turned on their own, and the popular vote of Latinos & women proved that true in '12.

Yes, it's never too early to think about the 2016 Election.

Yes it can be too early to think about the 2016.  That's part of the problem with the system in this country.  Politicians spend too much time campaigning and not enough time working on the issues that face this country.  If I had it my way politicians would not be able to campaign until 1 year prior to the election.  That's more than enough time.

• 1 month later...

All things 2016 here.

Here's what will be interesting in the 2016 race:

1.  How will the Tea Party vs. Establishment Battle of 2014 affect the 2016 race that will be in full force the day after Election Day next year.

2.  Is there a canidate that steal away the nomination from Hillary again and go on to win the Presidency?

3.  Which candidates that will run but will flame out before the primaries even start?  Tim Pawlenty anyone.

Both Bushes were gawdawful Presidents and why I am no longer a Repub. I couldn't believe they elected little George...noone ever learns. Please, just say no to Jeb.

Christie or Huntsman would get my vote, and either would win a general election, but no way will the inbred vote allow either past the primaries.

Yes, it's never too early to think about the 2016 Election.  True, some of it depends on how 2014 turns out but you can already see how the race could shape up.

I don't know what's worse...this, or Bass Pro shop advertising "the true Christmas Spirit events" on November 4th.

Hillary brings issues, sure.  And she'll be 70.  Hubby doesn't think she'll run.  I think she doesn't really want to, but for the love & benefit of the country, she will.  And if she does, she'll win HUGE.

I'm sorry, but this made me laugh.  No offense.  :)

• 1 month later...

Newsmax listed the most talked about potential Republican 2016 candidates:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/16-gop-presidential-contenders/2014/01/02/id/544921

1.  Jeb Bush- I don't think he even runs.  He's to liberal for his party and the country will not elect another Bush.  Plus, whatever dirt he has will definitely come out if he runs.

2. Dr. Ben Carson-  No chance in hell.  He may stir the base but he won't win many votes in the actual primaries if he runs.

3. Chris  Christie-  The current darling savior for the GOP.  I don't see him winning those early primary states and once more is known about the real Chris Christie; I think his star sinks.  He will be the favorite of the establishment though.

4.  Ted Cruz- the tea party darling.  Given the passions he stirs among the tea party base; he'll definitely be a factor but if he somehow gets the nomination; the landslide loss will be historic.

5.  Nikki Haley- why on earth is she on the list.  She has no future in the Republican party.

6.  Mike Huckabee- he will do well with the religious right but that will be about it.

7.  Bobby Jindal- Republicans will never elect a dark brown skinned man as there Presidential nominee. 

8.  John Kasich- he's already recieving a tea party challenge and might not win reelection.  Not a factor.

9.  Peter King-  No. Hell No.

10.  Susana Martinez. - A hispanic female.  She probably needs to hold a national office first. Odds are the Dems will get a hispanic female elected before the Repulbicans do.

11. Rand Paul-  He's got the liberatarian wing locked up but that really won't take him that far.

12. Rick Perry-  You first run, doomed any further chances of you running. 

13. Marco Rubio-  He's done, frankly I don't think he even retains his Senate seat in 2016 much less be a viable candidate for PResident.

14. Paul Ryan-  Probably a future Speaker of the House but he could make a run.

15. Rick Santorum-  If Republicans follow history; he should be the next nominee.  Not likely and their will be plenty of candidates to take the religious right voters this time around.

16.  Scott Walker-  If he wins reelection; he's my dark hourse candidate.

The Republican battle will probably realistically be between Christie, Cruz and Paul  though I think they could split the vote among the factions and pave way for my dark horse: Paul Walker to take the nomination.

On the Democratic side; everything rests with what Hillary will do.  Can she be beaten again?  Yes, because the liberal base really isn't with her.  I don't see that Hillary beater yet on the horizon.  Right now; she's still the favorite to become POTUS #45.

It's Hilary's to lose

That's what I was thinking, until my husband brought up a point...

We all thought that in '08 as well. And so did she. Maybe she got a little too complacent, & it's gonna take even more effort & hard work this time, with the "crazy" just a tad more "crazy" than in '08. We can't let any single "meh" voter forget the government shutdown for nothing, the war on women's reproductive rights, or the refusal to even entertain votes for immigration reform, yet still finding time to vote 40+ times to repeal a law already deemed Constitutional by the SCOTUS. It's an absolute refusal to govern for the people, fueled by a hatred for this President, that someone termed very eloquently in another thread...I think it may have been you, elka?

We must remind folks that if the GOP is willing to hurt the people to "Waterloo" one POTUS, they'll certainly throw all manner of money at an attempt to "Benghazi" the next. 

Archived