On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Mar. 18, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fans unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m/7:30 a.m. daily)

• DATE: December 3, 2013
    • TIME:  5:30 PM 

• Wed., Mar. 19, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fans unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m/7:30 a.m. daily)

• Thu., Mar. 20, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Fri., Mar. 21, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., Mar. 24, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Tue., Mar. 25, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Wed., Mar. 26, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Thu., Mar. 27, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Fri., Mar. 28, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., Mar. 31, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

Photo

"Cosmos" tv show with Neil deGrasse Tyson 2014

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 steveo21

steveo21

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:44 PM

So stoked for this

#2 SpringfieldSkins

SpringfieldSkins

The Starter

• Members
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:03 PM

Love Tyson. Don't quite understand the trailer though. Is this supposed to a sci-fi fiction?

Tyson is the man so I hope that he isn't selling out.

#3 Duckus

Duckus

The Starter

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:27 PM

Love Tyson. Don't quite understand the trailer though. Is this supposed to a sci-fi fiction?

Yea, the preview is confusing.

Don't worry though. It is not sci-fi, it is a science show based on the very popular PBS mini-series Cosmos from the 80s. It is a joint FOX and National Geographic production.

It should be good.

#4 steveo21

steveo21

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

The original series was done by Carl Sagan. :)

#5 CurseReversed

CurseReversed

The Rookie

• Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

It was a great show.  Sagan was the man.  

My favorite part was the Vangelis sound track.  Still listen to parts of it in my car along with many other Vangelis classics.

#6 skinsmarydu

skinsmarydu

The Role Player

• Members
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:10 AM

And I was guaranteed sleep every Friday afternoon as a freshman in HS...World History class. :P  

Won't happen with Tyson, I actually understand some of what he's explaining, lol.

*Has anyone ever seen him bash Jon Stewart because the globe over his head on TDS spins in the wrong direction?*

#7 Bang

Bang

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 12,357 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:19 AM

Looks like a good show.

I saw him tell Stewart their globe spins backwards, and the next time they had him on they put together a real cheesy opening with a video of some guy spinning a globe the right way.

~Bang
  • skinsmarydu likes this

#8 SKINS@THEGOALLINE

SKINS@THEGOALLINE

The Benchwarmer

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:59 AM

. . . millions, billions and trillions.

#9 Hubbs

Hubbs

The Playmaker

• Members
  • 3,492 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

*Has anyone ever seen him bash Jon Stewart because the globe over his head on TDS spins in the wrong direction?*

I saw him tell Stewart their globe spins backwards, and the next time they had him on they put together a real cheesy opening with a video of some guy spinning a globe the right way.

~Bang

Haha, yeah, it was good stuff. The first time he told Stewart it was like someone had kicked his puppy.

#10 CrabR

CrabR

The Role Player

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

Tyson is my favorite Science guy. Love his work. He has given the best argument for global warming I have heard

He was on a talk sow and they asked him about it and he said forget what I have to say or anyone else has to say. Look and see what nature is telling us. Then he went on to list weather, temps, animal and insect behavior over past 50 years and asked what is that telling us. It was real interesting on how animal and insect behavior has changed

#11 SpringfieldSkins

SpringfieldSkins

The Starter

• Members
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

Yea, the preview is confusing.

Don't worry though. It is not sci-fi, it is a science show based on the very popular PBS mini-series Cosmos from the 80s. It is a joint FOX and National Geographic production.

It should be good.

Ok good. I'm in!

#12 PokerPacker

PokerPacker

The Run Stopper

• Members
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

I'm a big fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson.  Anybody listen to his StarTalkRadio?  He has brings in guests to interview each week to discuss the science of everything.  He'll talk about Asteroids, Zombies, Video Games, etc..  So, for example, when he discussed Zombies, he brought in Max Brooks, author of World War Z. http://www.startalkradio.net/

#13 SpringfieldSkins

SpringfieldSkins

The Starter

• Members
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

I've heard of Star Talk radio. Never gave it a listen but perhaps I'll try.

#14 d0ublestr0ker0ll

d0ublestr0ker0ll

The Playmaker

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

One of my favorite Rogan podcasts is with him as the guest. Rogan loves him a conspiracy theory though, and debated for a good 15 minutes about the Moon landings. I skip that part now :ols:, still a great episode.
  • sherrardsd likes this

#15 Corcaigh

Corcaigh

The Field Goal Team

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

Have the DVD collection of Sagan's Cosmos series. Definitely watching this.

Sagan and deGrasse Tyson are two of my favorite beings to visit Earth.

#16 Corcaigh

Corcaigh

The Field Goal Team

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

Article with a little more background on who is involved:

http://www.wired.com...degrasse-tyson/

#17 mbws

mbws

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

I saw a Far Side comic with Carl Sagan as a child looking up at the stars saying, "Wow, there must be thousands of them!"

8?)

#18 steveo21

steveo21

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

One more trailer was released today :)

Not a lot of difference.

#19 Burgold

Burgold

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 13,697 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

This one was a lot of fun.

http://voiceofrussia...in-Cosmos-1120/

Creationists Find No Home in “Cosmos”
9cosmos.jpg

Photo credit: © Thinkstock/forplayday

By Andrew Hiller

WASHINGTON (VR) – In the beginning, there was conflict about whether atoms or arguments set the universe in motion. One key component of the human debate has frequently played out between ethos and logos, faith and proof, science and religion.

0Even in the 21st Century, this debate often rears its head. In Kentucky, at the Creationism Museum, there is a serious attempt to reconcile history including dinosaurs with religious teachings. Now, a new page is being turned because of the re-launch of the Carl Sagan show “Cosmos,” now featuring Neil de Grasse Tyson.

0Some in the religious spectrum are denouncing his show not because of its heresy, but because he hasn't been "fair." He hasn't given equal time to religious theories, specifically creationist theories, on his program.

0USC Professor of Law Jody Armour

#20 ixcuincle

ixcuincle

The Starter

• Members
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

This show is awesome, but unfortunately I've missed the last two eps. Will watch later. 

#21 PokerPacker

PokerPacker

The Run Stopper

• Members
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

He hasn't given equal time to religious theories, specifically creationist theories, on his program.

You_don%27t_say.png

#22 mjah

mjah

The Rookie

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:07 PM

Reminds me of the way my Sunday school teachers always gave equal time to an evolutionary biologist.

• Bang and elkabong82 like this

#23 d0ublestr0ker0ll

d0ublestr0ker0ll

The Playmaker

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:30 PM

We have a thread on page 3 that was discussing this show, maybe we can merge.

http://es.redskins.c...w/#entry9760868

Anyway, I missed the episode Sunday and the replay tonight, because my dog got really ill Sunday and I'm at work tonight.

Gotta catch another replay...supposedly it's on Nat Geo a lot?

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll, 24 March 2014 - 10:30 PM.

#24 s0crates

s0crates

The Run Stopper

• Members
  • 6,364 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:03 AM

I'm a Sagan fan, I read almost all his books growing up and watched the original Cosmos. I'm really enjoying the show.

Those trying to watch episodes they missed can find them on hulu (I heard ).

#25 Burgold

Burgold

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 13,697 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:00 AM

I know right. I thought Armour gave a pretty good smack down on the movement and defense of the scientific method versus religion and the idea of place and time.  I just wish my show, the Prism, had that kind of budget/support.... sigh

#26 RawBBQSauce

RawBBQSauce

The Rookie

• Members
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:24 AM

How was Sunday's episode? Gonna check it out tonight after work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users