Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron

Chachie

Didn't Ultron and Thanos cross paths once?

Was it Ultron that was he same dude incarnated as Dr Doom, Pharaoh Rama Tut Putt or whatever, and...oh....n/m...that was Kang, not Ultron...the old synapses fired, if a bit delayed...but Ultron is the one made of Adamantium, right?  :P

(ok, just read and it reminded me Ultron's other connection was to The Vision, not the Tut Trinity...looks like fun times ahead, and I have been pulling for a Prince Namor appearance in #2, too)

Lets remember that we're only getting into phase 2 of a planned 3 phases. Thanos will probably be the big nemesis in avengers 3. But shoot, i'm taking this one movie at a time. I'm pumped for Thor 2 and Cap 2. 

One thing I just thought of. Avengers 2 comes out Spring 2015. Ultron's maker is Ant Man, who's movie doesnt come out till November 2015. Just seems like itd be easier for the movies to be flipped the other way around to set everything up. But, I have all the trust in the world in marvel, and i have no doubt that they have some plan up their sleeve. 

Joss Whedon says no Hank Pym for Avengers 2 and a new origin story for Ultron. Some believe it will be a Tony Stark creation.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/22/comic-con-whedon-says-no-hank-pym-in-avengers-2-and-different-ultron-origin

Joss Whedon says no Hank Pym for Avengers 2 and a new origin story for Ultron. Some believe it will be a Tony Stark creation.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/22/comic-con-whedon-says-no-hank-pym-in-avengers-2-and-different-ultron-origin

I've heard that Robert Downey Jr hasn't committed to playing Tony Stark/Iron Man. Maybe changing the story to making him Ultron's creator, meaning the movie will have alot of to do with him, may bring him closer to a decision. Personally, I'm a purist who loves to see the story transferred from book to screen accurately. But this isn't a huge deal to me. I was more pissed about hearing the wolverine may be traveling back in time in the new xmen movie instead of Kitty Pryde. There is no point to that change other than to pander to Hugh Jackman, and it doesn't make sense in the story.

>Joss Whedon says no Hank Pym for Avengers 2 and a new origin story for Ultron. Some believe it will be a Tony Stark creation.

I've heard that Robert Downey Jr hasn't committed to playing Tony Stark/Iron Man. Maybe changing the story to making him Ultron's creator, meaning the movie will have alot of to do with him, may bring him closer to a decision. Personally, I'm a purist who loves to see the story transferred from book to screen accurately. But this isn't a huge deal to me. I was more pissed about hearing the wolverine may be traveling back in time in the new xmen movie instead of Kitty Pryde. There is no point to that change other than to pander to Hugh Jackman, and it doesn't make sense in the story.

Downey has indeed signed on for more. I don't have a link but I did see it on Yahoo no long ago.

I'm less surprised that they are cutting Ant Man out if the storyline than I am about the fact that they are making an Ant Man movie. Not every comic book hero appeals to larger audiences and Ant Man seems like a bad idea.

Downey Jr. has signed for two more films, both being the Avengers sequels.

Yup, Hank Pym will not be in the film and will not have created Ultron in this "Cinema Universe". It will likely be a hybrid from the Ultimate comic universe from what I've heard. Pym was never established up to this point and it's impossible film-making wise to introduce him now and create a super-villain in the same film. Ant-Man has been strongly rumored to be built around Scott Lang, as that is who Edgar Wright prefers. In the current Age Of Ultron comic arc and the brand new Avengers A.I. title, Hank Pym was basically confronted in the past by time-travelers and convinced not to create Ultron (or at least install a kill-switch), so in a way this movie matches that.

Regarding Ultron's creation, there has been an absolute ton of material to build from, considering Stark's multitude of suits, Jarvis, Arnim Zola (upcoming robotic Captain America villain), A.I.M. from iron Man 3, SHIELD replicating the Hydra weapons, and very likely the Security Council creating an A.I. deterrant. Not to mention the LMD (life-model-decoy) already used.

No matter how he is created, this should be a fun, entertaining film.

No clue about all this comic book universe stuff. But as a Disney stockholder, I'm really enjoying seeing all the interest.

I was recently reading some columnist who was trying to get people to buy Disney stock (despite it being near record highs, already.)

His main argument was that, in 2015, Disney is scheduled to:

Celebrate the 60th anniversary of Disneyland.

Open the new Avatar land at Animal Kingdom, in Florida.

Release Avengers 2

Release Star Wars 7.

Release Pirates of the Carribbean 6.

Release Finding Nemo 2.

It seems there's really no industry talk of Namor making his way into a feature film, be it through the Avengers or in his own feature. I think Marvel was flirting with the idea about 3 years ago with Ryan Reynolds in mind but it never got off the ground.

I'm sitting here trying to imagine what other established actors could warrant the part if they ever bring the Sub Mariner to Hollywood. If they went with the old school-looking Namor, Stephen Moyer could pull it off...

Stephen_Moyer_zpsc7f55307.jpg

If they decided to go with later versions, I think they'd need someone much more buff like perhaps Reynolds. I just don't think he'd bring the right flavor.

Any of you guys have anyone in mind for Prince Namor of Atlantis?

That sounds ****ing terrible. I don't want them to break cannon so drastically like that. Ultron is inextricably linked to Ant-Man. You can not do Ultron right without Ant-Man. This is looking like a total ****ization.

Why not just save Ultron for after the friggin Ant Man movie? Do Thanos. You set it up at the end of the last movie. Guardians of the Galaxy is stupid and shouldn't be the reason The Avengers franchise gets screwed up.

That sounds ****ing terrible. I don't want them to break cannon so drastically like that. Ultron is inextricably linked to Ant-Man. You can not do Ultron right without Ant-Man. This is looking like a total ****ization.

Why not just save Ultron for after the friggin Ant Man movie? Do Thanos. You set it up at the end of the last movie. Guardians of the Galaxy is stupid and shouldn't be the reason The Avengers franchise gets screwed up.

Villains like Thanos can't simply be done and discarded. Thanos is the kind of villain that would plan a home invasion on Galactus just to fill time during a slow week. If they decide to really put one of marvels baddest on the big screen they have to integrate him into a few movies and give him some "wins" in the form of a large body count. He can't go down easily and at a low cost like some earth limited villain.

I'm less surprised that they are cutting Ant Man out if the storyline than I am about the fact that they are making an Ant Man movie. Not every comic book hero appeals to larger audiences and Ant Man seems like a bad idea.

Agreed. He would be better off as Yellowjacket if you are going to bring Hank in.

Villains like Thanos can't simply be done and discarded. Thanos is the kind of villain that would plan a home invasion on Galactus just to fill time during a slow week. If they decide to really put one of marvels baddest on the big screen they have to integrate him into a few movies and give him some "wins" in the form of a large body count. He can't go down easily and at a low cost like some earth limited villain.

This. Thanos is as bad as they come. He's on the Cosmic scale.

• 1 month later...

Archived