Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Saw @BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 posting in the Wrestling thread. Just curious about where his head is at these days as a Bulls fan. I mean, if he theoretically died the day Rose went down in '12, then by now, clearly with everything that has transpired since, with Butler, Thibs, Hoiberg, etc, he must be like a confused, tortured spirit, too heartbroken and scared to go towards the Light.

6 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Question: Is Westbrook the most insanely competitive player since Jordan? I mean, you can't talk about stat-padding, but how hard is it for anyone to get 20 rebounds in a game, let alone a guard?

The usual grumbling on the topic of rebounding is that NBA players are lazy and don't box out.  In OKC they do and their point guard crashes down for rebounds as well, and someone has to if your bigs are boxing out. Instead of being happy that a team is still playing this way... Westbrook is stat padding.  This criticism is boring. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Question: Is Westbrook the most insanely competitive player since Jordan? I mean, you can't talk about stat-padding, but how hard is it for anyone to get 20 rebounds in a game, let alone a guard?

Where there's a will, there's a way...

Goku-on-Namek-legithedgehog-37535593-252

Bamma obviously had the sliders turned up.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Does anyone else get annoyed by Stugotz's unabashed willingness to be ESPN's resident snarky hot take monkey?  He goes completely overboard in defense of the silliest portions of sports talk radio to claim the extreme ground and create a safe space for all of the other silly nonsense that gets said on ESPN.

Le Batard's show is the best in the business by a mile, but Stugotz's utter lack of shame and self-esteem bothers me.  I don't want him to be repulsively self-serious and pompous like Cowherd, I just want him to have some damn pride.  I get that it's part schtick, but it comes off as so second nature that I don't think it's totally inauthentic.  People that gleefully embrace being the horse's ass beta male butt of every joke in order to get attention and get people to like them make me uncomfortable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Does anyone else get annoyed by Stugotz's unabashed willingness to be ESPN's resident snarky hot take monkey?  He goes completely overboard in defense of the silliest portions of sports talk radio to claim the extreme ground and create a safe space for all of the other silly nonsense that gets said on ESPN.

Le Batard's show is the best in the business by a mile, but Stugotz's utter lack of shame and self-esteem bothers me.  I don't want him to be repulsively self-serious and pompous like Cowherd, I just want him to have some damn pride.  I get that it's part schtick, but it comes off as so second nature that I don't think it's totally inauthentic.  People that gleefully embrace being the horse's ass beta male butt of every joke in order to get attention and get people to like them make me uncomfortable.

I don't mind it all that much. I think for everyone, there is a line that should never be crossed,  and although he's said plenty of stuff I've disagreed with over the years, that lines never been crossed, at least whenever I've listened to him.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

LOL espn - "Jodie Meeks has been suspended for 25 games violating the league's substance abuse policy...... A move that will vanquish him from the NBA postseason." ???

Savages

What ever he was doing wasn't helping anyway, so scale of 1 to 10, I really don't care.  Him and Sessions on the floor at the same time was like waving a white flag anyway for most of their time together.

Besides, we got Ty Lawson via Amazon Free Shipping, we'll be fine.  Everything is fine. Yes, perfectly fine.

8 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I don't mind it all that much. I think for everyone, there is a line that should never be crossed,  and although he's said plenty of stuff I've disagreed with over the years, that lines never been crossed, at least whenever I've listened to him.

I don't think he's offensive at all.  My issue is that he is such a cloying, gleeful ankle biter.  He is perfectly happy being everyone's fool.  Something is off with him.

Ten years from now he's going to be found swinging from a hanging rack in his hotel room, dead and nude with his hardon in his hand and a mountain of drugs on the coffee table.

• Thanks 1