Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 minute ago, Destino said:

I want Williams, but because Wizards... I expect that not to happen.  An extremely high reward high risk player is a nice consolation prize.  

Fair enough.  For any other organization, it'd be the right play.  A 50/50 play.  But for us it feels like it'd be more like 80/20 risk/reward.

Part of me hopes Denver picks him just so the Wizards don't have to choose between him and Williams.  That's the kind of pick where we lose no matter what.  Either we pass on him and he becomes the next Giannis.  Or we take him and he washed out in two years.

Just now, Destino said:

Ernie better not screw this up.  An athletic aggressive big is sitting there waiting for us to just make the selection.  If we draft a wing, or lord help me a guard, furniture is going to get broken.  

I have a sense of dread.  Williams is a true no-brainer.  But I have no trust in this front office.

Well, it's official.  

****ing Wizards.  Even I know that they don't need a wing.  What's this guy gonna do with Porter and Oubre on the roster?  Why not get a big?  

I was joking in the other thread about Dwight Howard but that has to be an option for them if they're going this route.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I was joking in the other thread about Dwight Howard but that has to be an option for them if they're going this route.

I'm not a fan of rationalizing the irrational, but that's not a bad idea.  I doubt that's the plan, he figured he sucks at drafting anyway, so used a first rounder on a scoring threat off the bench hoping it would average out.

Edited by Renegade7

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

So we pick yet another wing with no first step whose going to be a project.  Sigh.

6th man with a first round pick, that's what it looks like, so f'n stupid.  He must have a plan for center otherwise that Gortat report wouldn't of sounded so definite.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Kelly or Otto is getting traded.

Hopefully Otto.

Yep.  Supposedly this Troy Brown kid is an Otto clone.  Otto is going to get traded for DeMarcus Cousins.  FML.

If it's true that we're trying to deal Porter for Cousins, I think that's a grave mistake.  I would rather have Otto Porter and the guy that people said was going to be the next Clint Capela than Brown and Cousins.  I don't trust Cousins at all.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yep.  Supposedly this Troy Brown kid is an Otto clone.  Otto is going to get traded for DeMarcus Cousins.  FML.

Boogie isn't gonna be ready until like January right?

Leave it to the Wizards to pick a guy who wasn't there to hear his name called.