Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 minute ago, Destino said:

I'm not saying Wall is bad, I'm just saying with the way Lebron runs late game offense Wall is a terrible fit. 

I don't know man.  LeBron was fine playing with Kyrie Irving and Dwyane Wade.  John is a smart and dynamic player and he wouldn't cause poblems if the guy he had to defer to was LeBron James.

I have watched more Wizards games than I would like to admit. 

The supporting cast can't even hit FT's . 

What kind of PG can't hit FT's ? That is unheard of. 

I never said he would, I said he could. The variables give you a lot more options in LA. 

I will say that he certainly wouldn't in DC with the lack of a decent center, the constant injuries, and the piss poor coaching, management, and ownership. 

For Ted, the Bullets are his side gig. 

Edited by Kosher Ham

There is no reasoning where the Wizards are more likely to land Lebron or a better team for Lebron to go to over LA when all factors are considered.

Sure, if the premise starts with Lebron willing to play for $5 million a season then maybe but that’s ridiculous 

and if he was willing to do that he’d just go to Houston or Boston before DC anyway 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

There is no reasoning where the Wizards are more likely to land Lebron or a better team for Lebron to go to over LA when all factors are considered.

Sure, if the premise starts with Lebron willing to play for $5 million a season then maybe but that’s ridiculous 

and if he was willing to do that he’d just go to Houston or Boston before DC anyway 

9 million a year technically, but I get your point about money.  But the reasoning for going to DC over LA is that the team would be a lot better.  Even if you guys convinced Paul George to come too.

I don't think he'll pick DC because the money isn't there, but it's a better option basketball-wise.  I don't disagree that if he was willing to take a big paycut, that Houston would be the most likely choice though.  DC is a better option that Boston though.  Boston has an empowered FO and coaching staff.  He could keep GMing and coaching in DC.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They gave you so much **** for the decision and now they’re all hoping he does the same for them. 

Take your well deserved victory lap.

Way too long ago to remember specifics, but I do remember a memorable essay by @stevemcqueen1 about how LeBron was horrible for leaving and destroying downtown Cleveland's economy ???. Aww man there was some legendary ****

It's all good though✌. It's business, not personal, Sonny (I was more Sonny back in those days, lol)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't know man.  LeBron was fine playing with Kyrie Irving and Dwyane Wade.  John is a smart and dynamic player and he wouldn't cause poblems if the guy he had to defer to was LeBron James.

Irving and Wade are better scorers than Wall. In fact both look to score.

On 6/9/2018 at 10:06 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

Nah, it goes deeper than flesh and organs. 

Understatement of the year.

Nah, you overestimate and mischaracterize my thoughts on it. It's pretty simple. I. Have. No. Interest. In. Hockey, lol. And if I was truly apathetic I would not care in the slightest about any of it, which isnt true. I'm happy for the city. I'm happy for the fans. For me personally, it was nice to hear how different everything sounded and felt in the area. Apart from that, it was Friday ?

I see, more like a Hockey Atheist, "It's not that I don't believe in the Washington Capitals, there are no Washington Capitals".  : )

I

The Arenas Wizards weren't going anywhere anyway. A meaningless second round series doesnt even come close.

Meaningless to you, maybe, but considering we had only been to the playoffs once in the previous 15 seasons, ya, that mattered to us even if it doesn't matter to you.

This L7 ass dude was burned to the ground for no other reason than he realized he didn't want to play for a ****ty, rudderless organization, comes to one where he can be shown the ropes, is allowed to take the lead eventually, becomes a champion, then starts crying when he realizes he can't flex on Spo and Riles, so crawls back to the place that called him and his family every derogatory thing imaginable to start his gump ass power trip, and framed it as "I'm coming home." This after we were seemingly the only people on planet earth way back when that didn't have their heads firmly up their asses when he left, and defended him vociferously.

Nah, he's just gonna run back to that piece of **** city like Tina Turner, and play it perfectly through the media, when the real reason he went there, is he knew he'd be able to-do everything he wanted. And people wanted to act like we were dead to rights when he did leave, which wasn't true. Or that we were a nothing franchise before him. Just another "LeBron James Team"

Ya'll seen me go off on the risk of him coming to DC and trying to take over the franchise same way Cleveland lets him do, trust me, I get it.

I wouldn't go so far as to say only reason he went back to Cleveland was to feed his Ego and limit any challenge to it, but his actions up there absolutely show how much of a factor that is.  If memory serves me correctly, most people that we're upset about "The Decision" was because it was made it was televised (I didn't realize how much of that money generated went to charity until little while ago), not that any of them thought he could win one if Cleveland if he just gutted it out a little longer. Feel like this who "Legacy" conversation has evolved since then, Jordan said he wouldn't of called Magic and Bird to make a superteam, well, how is James supposed to beat the Warriors now?

I didn't believe he could win one in Cleveland if he stayed, nor when he went back, its just using his legacy against him saying he could've. Far as I was concerned, anyone at that time throwing out that he should've stayed wasn't taking why he left seriously, he only won one in Cleveland because Warriors had an off year in the finals, otherwise, he's right, he could NEVER win one in Ohio.

That's why I wanted so badly to face him in the ECF, but then everything else happened with Bosh, and then Wade, and then life comes at you fast, and you lose a bagillion games then win a bagillion, and get nothing. Then you get pounded by a team that gets pounded by another team that gets pounded by him.

And now he's probably going West. 

Frankly, GS coming out of nowhere is cosmic justice. He probably thought he was gonna win 6 or 7 titles. Chump.

And no. I ain't getting over this.  Sangre por sangre.

6-7 titles in Cleveland? Even the most optimistic Cavs had wouldn't call something like that, way that front office is run.  As much as LeBron says it was to bring a ring home, there was just as much in his head to prove it could be done.  I don't know if he would've left until he did, would've taken until he couldn't perform at current level to give up again.

You probably have a different vantage point then I did that last Spurs - Miami finals, but it looked to me like Miami didn't belong on the same court.  You think that was a factor in why LeBron turned the down the chance to build his legacy in Miami?  To me it came across like he had his rings so if he was going to stick around to prop up a franchise, he was going to do it with Cleveland.  LeBron is going to be remembered from a historical perspective as someone who wanted to do it his way with one dynasty after the other showing him his way doesn't generate the same results. 

You saying "cosmic justice" just shows how far gone you are on this, cause in my head it sounds like being fine with Earth getting hit by a gamma ray burst as long as he's on the side that gets hit.  This sounds unhealthy, tell me you don't have a LeBron James dart board in you bedroom.

But he has a ring in Cleveland now, too, so he doesn't owe anybody anything.  Part of me wants him to go to GS now just to see some of ya'll heads explode trying to defend it.

3 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

PFFTTT. 

Coach/GM LeBron. 

So you admit it ? 

The DC team needs a leader/coach/GM ? 

You ever think that he is tired of all that crap and just wants to play ball ? 

Not at all. 

There have been multiple breakdowns in here about LeBron's offense, he has to show us he's willing to let that go and just be the best cog in the machine.  Phil Jackson had to come to the Bulls for Jordan to get that, LeBron would have to pick a team with a "Phil Jackson" already there, and so far, he's showing he doesn't want that.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't think he'll pick DC because the money isn't there, but it's a better option basketball-wise.  I don't disagree that if he was willing to take a big paycut, that Houston would be the most likely choice though.  DC is a better option that Boston though.  Boston has an empowered FO and coaching staff.  He could keep GMing and coaching in DC.

Until people can separate what "could happen", "should happen", and "will happen", you're wasting your time. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Way too long ago to remember specifics, but I do remember a memorable essay by @stevemcqueen1 about how LeBron was horrible for leaving and destroying downtown Cleveland's economy ???. Aww man there was some legendary ****

It's all good though✌. It's business, not personal, Sonny (I was more Sonny back in those days, lol)

**** Cleveland. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I see, more like a Hockey Atheist, "It's not that I don't believe in the Washington Capitals, there are no Washington Capitals".  : )

Closer to "Hockey Extraterrestrial" (they're out there somewhere, but it'll take too many clicks for me to care to find them...)

Meaningless to you, maybe

Meaningless to everyone except Wizards fans.

I wouldn't go so far as to say only reason he went back to Cleveland was to feed his Ego and limit any challenge to it, but his actions up there absolutely show how much of a factor that is.  If memory serves me correctly, most people that we're upset about "The Decision" was because it was made it was televised (I didn't realize how much of that money generated went to charity until little while ago), not that any of them thought he could win one if Cleveland if he just gutted it out a little longer.

"The Decision" was a convenient scapegoat, and im sure provided extra ammo, but make no mistake, that move, at that point, was unprecedented. Decision or no Decision, it wouldn't have mattered, not with the rep he had at that time, and his playoff rep as a choker and a baby. He would've still got it from all angles.

6-7 titles in Cleveland? Even the most optimistic Cavs had wouldn't call something like that

6-7 Overall

You probably have a different vantage point then I did that last Spurs - Miami finals, but it looked to me like Miami didn't belong on the same court.  You think that was a factor in why LeBron turned the down the chance to build his legacy in Miami?  To me it came across like he had his rings so if he was going to stick around to prop up a franchise, he was going to do it with Cleveland.  LeBron is going to be remembered from a historical perspective as someone who wanted to do it his way with one dynasty after the other showing him his way doesn't generate the same results. 

"His way" pretty much sums it up.

You saying "cosmic justice" just shows how far gone you are on this, cause in my head it sounds like being fine with Earth getting hit by a gamma ray burst as long as he's on the side that gets hit.  This sounds unhealthy, tell me you don't have a LeBron James dart board in you bedroom.

Dart board? Of course not

c11732c1ca9e739d0b0505144749ee4a--occult

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That was someone else.  I wasn't posting much in the NBA threads around Decision time.  LeBron got shat on by everybody for the Decision, including MJ and Magic, and I actually defended him.  My argument was that they were full of **** haters, and that unlike them, LeBron didn't get drafted onto a team with Scottie Pippen and Kareem Abdul Jabbar and James Worthy.  He got drafted onto a team with Zydrunas Ilgauskas.  That Cleveland team was dead end and I was actually intrigued to see him leave it to have a real shot at rings in Miami.  I was glad he didn't go to Chicago or New York.  Miami was the most interesting experiment.

Unlike most Wizards fans, I've actually never hated LeBron.  I wasn't that invested in the Arenas era and I've always wanted to see LeBron reach his potential.  He's a year older than me and I wanted to see someone historic represent my generation.

But I definitely enjoyed seeing you guys lose to the Mavs in 2011.  Always been a Dirk fan and that was some satisfying revenge.

• Like 1

I know I've been an asshole towards the Wiz on here over the years.  I accept that, though it was mostly me drunk posting or just pointing out the obvious at the worst time.  Fact is, I love all of you on here and there is not one of you I wouldn't sit down beside in a bar and buy a few rounds for and just talk basketball, and I mean that, sincerely.

With that said, let me protect y'all from y'all.............LeBron will never come to DC, why the **** would he?  To team up with a backcourt of Wall and Beal, who are often injured?  To go to an organization where the GM and Owner are ****ing clown shoes?  To go to an organization where they have no center?  To go to an organization where the starting guards can't hit ****ing free throws?  

Don't do this to yourselves.   KD didn't even talk to you on the phone, do you really think LeBron James is going to even flick a bogger in your franchises direction?  There is really no logical reason he would.  As great as Wall and Beal can be, they are liabilities due to their past injury histories.  Plus the money, that mother ****ing C.R.E.A.M............

The off-season where you all sacrificed your first born childs on having a chance at KD, should be a lesson to you all that you gotta fix **** from the top, before that **** will ever happen.  And I'm not hating, by any means.  But guys, get realistic about your franchise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Kosher Ham said:

Hmmm... It's yet another drunk post from Taze. 

It's the ****ing truth though.  Hometown boy didn't even entertain a phone call, the King ain't coming here no matter how much Stevie's war and peace post's claim why he should.  I'm fine with being the asshole in here.  Time to grab another beer :pint:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

The off-season where you all sacrificed your first born childs on having a chance at KD, should be a lesson to you all that you gotta fix **** from the top, before that **** will ever happen.  And I'm not hating, by any means.  But guys, get realistic about your franchise.

Were assuming the front office structure matters to LeBron the same way it does KD.  Durant was personally offended by our front office, Jordan came here because he thought we were so second rate we'd let him do what he wanted.  He had no idea Abe had the balls to fire him same way we don't know how much LeBron values going to weak franchises that can't stop him. 

I don't think it will happen, but we are being realistic, all things considered.  And for record, you're over blowing the health issues (Beal play 3000+ minutes this year) and I believe confusing relevancy  our ft issues with our backcourt lack of clutch from Beal (we scream at top of our lunges to give someone else a chance, Brooks at best will give it to Wall).

I've lost count the number of times Wall/Beal dominated their matchup and won the series because of it, one less thing LeBron would have to worry about.

What will happen is we draft a center with our first rounder that can play PF.  Anything less then that I'd wonder if the Wall era would ever get to level they want.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

Closer to "Hockey Extraterrestrial" (they're out there somewhere, but it'll take too many clicks for me to care to find them...)

I can see that.  "Stupid ass weather balloon."

Meaningless to everyone except Wizards fans.

I don't understand your need to emphasize this. I need to meet more Heat fans that feel the same way you do, most are fine with four finals appearances and him leaving as just the way he is. 

I'd figure the added context of the last couple years would've calmed you down a little, I just don't understand why you're mad he left you to go back to his first wife while we're the middle of a conversation about who his third wife is going to be. You're wondering why he wouldn't do what you hoped for, at this point it should be clear that's just not who he is.  Ya, Heat had history before he showed up, but in the light of his legacy, not your franchise's history, you are just another ex-wife.

There's a difference that I hope you can find peace in one day.

Image result for meditate

"The Decision" was a convenient scapegoat, and im sure provided extra ammo, but make no mistake, that move, at that point, was unprecedented. Decision or no Decision, it wouldn't have mattered, not with the rep he had at that time, and his playoff rep as a choker and a baby. He would've still got it from all angles.

Hindsight is a B.  I do remember the talk of LeBron damaging his legacy by leaving instead of gutting it out in Cleveland.  Show of hands anyone that really thought he could win one if he stayed...  KD going to GS almost made me forget the amount of crap LeBron got.  His televised decision and "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4" thing gave the issue an angle that missed the point of how relevant that choice really was. It was the beginning of the end, we just didn't know it yet.

6-7 Overall

So 4-5 with the Cavs?  That sounds optimistic, and I'm an optimist.

"His way" pretty much sums it up.

Another reason he'll never be the GOAT.

Dart board? Of course not

c11732c1ca9e739d0b0505144749ee4a--occult

I don't expect you to snitch on yourself, you've made your point : )