Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THE Official Star Wars EPVII The Force Awakens Thread

codeorama

could have been worse ...

loved Lost, Cloverfield ...Super 8 was okay. He was just a producer there right?

do you guys think they **** the bed and make it a glorified cartoon for the 12 and under, or pay homage to the first trilogy and make real movies?

could have been worse ...

loved Lost, Cloverfield ...Super 8 was okay. He was just a producer there right?

do you guys think they **** the bed and make it a glorified cartoon for the 12 and under, or pay homage to the first trilogy and make real movies?

You have it backwards. He directed Super 8. Produced Cloverfield and Lost (and Alias and Fringe).

Given his success and approach to the Star Trek movie he directed, I find it hard to imagine he completely ****s the bed.

Liked Star Trek but his mission impossible 3 was forgettable and super 8 was horrible.

Huge lost fan.... He seems to produce better than direct.

It can't be as bad as the prequels.

He captures genres well. Super 8 may just not have been what you wee expecting, but he was aiming for an early Spielberg style and nailed it IMO. It was more like a Goonies style movie than anything.

MI3 was good, especially given how terrible 2 was. He brought it back, and I am hopeful he can do same with Star Wars. I'm not a Trek fan, but I enjoyed his Star Trek film. He knows what he is doing, and is a name I trust to turn out a good Star Wars movie.

Anyone is better than Lucas, quite frankly. It's no coincidence that of all the movies the one that has best stood the test of time is EpV, where he was the least involved and someone with some actual talent (Kasdan) wrote the script.

And someone else (Kirshner) directed it. Someone who actually demanded good performances from his actors.

I really, really hope they use more practical effects. But that's doubtful. As long as they stay away from the fake-looking shine everything had in the prequels. I want grunge, and wear and tear, and dirt. Not perfection and blurred CGI animations.

The writer is the guy who wrote Toy Story 3.

This was another big thing that got my attention. He is a really great writer so that is good. That means no more wooden, expository dialogue and stories driven by the SFX, not vice versa.

As far as Abrams, I think he is a good director. Not my favorite, but certainly not bad. Every once in a while I used to think about what a Star Wars movie would look like directed by various people with different, but great, styles; from Francis Ford Coppola to Guillermo del Toro, to Michel Gondry (yes I know that is a really weird pairing but the guy is just so damn creative). Or even Kubrick.

Archived