Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 FA Thread (Updates on OP) New: Merling, Brace, Pashos, Trueblood, EJBig, Tapp, White, Williams, MATTHEWS; Re-up: Rex, Hall, Davis, Paulsen, DY, RJax, Lich, Sundberg, Baker, Sav, Golston, Kehl, Polumbus; Paycuts: Carriker, Moss, BMeri, J. Wilson

DC9

Don't get me wrong I rate London Fletcher as 1 of the best redskins

Of all time, but I was disappointed

When he didn't take a pay cut for the team to be able to sign a much better FA RT, rather than retreads

Pashos and Trueblood.

Besides everything KB said, let's wait and see how things pan out before start throwing stones at people and their decisions; let alone players who have yet to play a down of football for us.

Brian Robiskie cut by the Lions.  Big kid, 6'4, 210lbs, ran in the 4.4's at the combine.  Good pedigree (obviously).  Cut for Chris Hope.  Still 25 years old.

Thoughts?

Obviously he's a journeyman and hasn't caught on anywhere.  I'm fine without him but his size is tempting because we don't have a WR who is that big right now.

The average per carry on Banks is very misleading - he got 21 of those 36 yards on a single carry which was a reverse if I recall so not out of the backfield although its a very small sample size to really draw any conclusions. He had 8 catches as well and averaged 1.9 yards per reception which is just terrible. Morgan did do better but again its a really small sample size.

I totally agree that a player like Hester would be a much better fit than either Banks or Morgan in this role but I think they have Thompson and Helu marked for it and I would like to see what one or both of these young guys we drafted can do in that role rather than bring in someone like Hester on the kind of contract he would command

Hester wouldn't need to take any reps away from those guys,

I would want him even if he didnt play one snap on offense, but the skillset to contribute is there if needed/utilized.

With Hester's receiving numbers, which are better than many think, he could definitely contribute on offense as well as STs, which IMO he or most any other returner would have to given the reduced value at KR because of shortened kickoffs.

Brian Robiskie cut by the Lions.  Big kid, 6'4, 210lbs, ran in the 4.4's at the combine.  Good pedigree (obviously).  Cut for Chris Hope.  Still 25 years old.

Thoughts?

Obviously he's a journeyman and hasn't caught on anywhere.  I'm fine without him but his size is tempting because we don't have a WR who is that big right now.

Might be worth a look, but likely a long shot. Unless we have a WR return man, we probably go into the season with 5 WRs, 6 max. Locks are Garcon, Morgan, Hankerson, Moss, and then 1-2 spots left for Robinson, Henderson, Stallworth, Briscoe, Dawson, Lewis, Reeves, and Williams. The first 4 alone will be very difficult to beat out, and to give up a roster spot even right now with a ton of players on the roster, I think you'd want more potential, though I admit I don't know much about Robiskie and in the NFL one man's trash can certainly be another man's treasure.

When he didn't take a pay cut for the team to be able to sign a much better FA RT, rather than retreads

Pashos and Trueblood.

Did anyone else read what I bolded there as "a much better FART" or am I the only one here still with an elementary school humor bone in my body?   

Pashos and Trueblood.

Did anyone else read what I bolded there as "a much better FART" or am I the only one here still with an elementary school humor bone in my body?   

You're not the only one :)

Pashos and Trueblood.

I saw that too, but didn't want to be the one to point it out.

Archived