JMS

Obamacare...

4,460 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

Well we all knew it would be back on the table, it was just a matter of when. I'm surprised it took until now! 

Translation:  We are still ready, willing and able to accept large political contributions from the pharmaceutical industry!!

43 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Translation:  We are still ready, willing and able to accept large political contributions from the pharmaceutical industry!!

You know, we kill people on a daily basis!  The ones you don't wanna see, the ones you don't think needed help a few years ago!

But we're here for YOU, the real 'Muricans!

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

See, that's just the point.  We can't be that party...the one who ****s everything up for 75% just to protect ours.  We don't do that...and why we're considered "suckers" by others who will vote for Trump out of anger, knowing he's going to do absolutely nothing to help...they just wanna screw the Dems and complain about why, why, why me?

You chose him...now defend him, you idiots.

We haven't been that party in the past and the GOP is right, it's a sucker's game. We can't afford to be idealistic. The only way I'd even talk with him is if he publicly committed on camera to single payer. I won't hold my breath waiting on that one. I'd rather take something more likely to happen like cold fusion or twa abandoning trolling.

56 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

If the Dems dont work w Trump and fill the void, Im afraid the Freedom Caucus might get what they wanted, an even more conservative plan. 

I certainly hope so. I think we should let the GOP have its dream of giving the country what it has asked for. If the Dems fall for that one and work on a "bipartisan" plan,   they'll deserve to be banished to the margins.

3 people like this

14 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

We haven't been that party in the past and the GOP is right, it's a sucker's game. We can't afford to be idealistic. The only way I'd even talk with him is if he publicly committed on camera to single payer. I won't hold my breath waiting on that one. I'd rather take something more likely to happen like cold fusion or twa abandoning trolling.

I know, I wanna yell at everyone too...but we're here together.  You know dat.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, The Sisko said:

I certainly hope so. I think we should let the GOP have its dream of giving the country what it has asked for. If the Dems fall for that one and work on a "bipartisan" plan,   they'll deserve to be banished to the margins.

This

Give them all the rope they want, coils and coils of it, nooses of the finest hemp that they fashion for themselves. I know it isn't easy, isn't pretty and won't be one damn bit fun but for this to have any lasting positive impact they will have to show the true depths of their uncaring depravity so completely, so intensely that no one will be able to deny it.

This country, we as a people will be able to clean up the mess and rebuild what gets lost, but only once this venomous chancre is lanced and drained from the body politic.

3 people like this

I just realized something. I've taken to referring to the Dems as "we".  :kickcan:Thanks Dump.

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, The Sisko said:

But isnt that putting politics before the well being of the people? Thats seems Trump-esque to allow a knowingly bad plan to go forward costing ppl health, coverage and death ..... just so it will fail and make Trump look bad. 

So the worse the healthcare plan, the greater the detriment to American's health = gooder for Democrats? 

Seems like an odd equation to me. 

Md Reps have an obligation to go out there and negotiate the best plan they can for the Maryland residents. If Md Reps can secure some kind of benefit for the Md residents by working with Trump vs sitting on the sidelines in protest, I want my Md Reps out there getting Md residents covered. 

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

But isnt that putting politics before the well being of the people? Thats seems Trump-esque to allow a knowingly bad plan to go forward costing ppl health, coverage and death ..... just so it will fail and make Trump look bad. 

So the worse the healthcare plan, the greater the detriment to American's health = gooder for Democrats? 

Seems like an odd equation to me. 

Md Reps have an obligation to go out there and negotiate the best plan they can for the Maryland residents. If Md Reps can secure some kind of benefit for the Md residents by working with Trump vs sitting on the sidelines in protest, I want my Md Reps out there getting Md residents covered. 

In a perfect world, what you say makes absolute sense. However when one has a negotiating partner that refuses to negotiate in good faith, the entire exercise becomes a farce. Ultimately, it becomes an issue of allowing the populace to get screwed quietly or forcing to to happen in a way they'll see and understand. I choose the latter.

Since just barely enough people voted for Dump to get him elected, perhaps having a crap plan get passed will change their minds and motivate others to get off their behinds and actually vote, not only against him, but against the congress that put forth this "brilliant" proposal. Due to gerrymandering, voter suppression and other such chicanery, the chances of overturning congress are slim right now. So to force a change, some people need to be made more uncomfortable. Yes, that sucks, but that's where we are. Politically, that means that since they can't or won't recognize it, the American and 'Muricun voting public needs to see exactly what happens when republican orthodoxy is given carte blanche.