Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skinsfan07

Avengers vs. Justice League. Who would win?

212 posts in this topic

Not political, just a fact. :)

And Cap woops Batman's ass up one side and down the other. Ain't even close. Would make for a great scene to see the caped crusader eviscerated with his own grappling hook though.

No less an authority than Superman himself calls the Batman "the most dangerous man on Earth."

/nerdtrumpcard

The batman "Dark Knight" series which came out in the 1980's during the second Reagan adminstration pitted Superman vs Batman.

Batman as an old retired fart who comes back to Gotham city and it's over run by crime and gangs and just goes nuts. His blantant killings of the bad guys in Gotham begins to garner national attention and Reagan dispatches superman to quite batman down. Their fight was pretty cool. Batman had kryptonite gloves and starts to knock superman around...

Actually, Batman got Green Arrow to come out of retirement and shoot Superman with a Kryponite arrow, which Superman actually caught before it could hit him. The arrow's tip, however, was full of Kryptonite gas which went off when Supes caught it. That weakened Superman just enough for Batman, who's armored suit was plugged into the streetlight allowing him to tap into the power of the entire city, to beat the ever-living snot out of Superman. Just as Batman was choking Superman out, Batman suffered a self-induced 'heart attack.' Thus, Bruce Wayne faked his death and he was able to continue the crusade from anonymity ... and Superman knew never to **** with Batman ever again. :)

At least that's how I remember it.

Anyway, in the Batman vs. Capt. America sub-debate ... it's a tough one, because I like Captain America better, but I think Batman would win because he's not above fighting dirty.

I think Batman would win because he's not above fighting dirty.

Fair Point... The thing about Cap is everybody fights dirty against him, It's not like the Red Skull used marquis of queensbury.

In the end it doesn't matter, Cap wins because being good has other advantages.

I could see either winning, I have a harder time seing either being defeated or giving up. If either did give up, they'd pretty much stop being the character we all know and love.

Batman in the comics must be a lot tougher than movie Batman if he can go toe-to-toe with all these legit super heroes. In the movies, the bad guys are always smacking him around. The only ones he dominates are the numbskull henchmen.

Batman in the comics must be a lot tougher than movie Batman if he can go toe-to-toe with all these legit super heroes. In the movies, the bad guys are always smacking him around. The only ones he dominates are the numbskull henchmen.

Batman in the comics is a total badazz. He is the only DC character that I can stand.

Here he is going "Cask of Amontillado" on a villain.

Von3p.jpg

Batman in the comics is a total badazz. He is the only DC character that I can stand.

Here he is going "Cask of Amontillado" on a villain.

http://i.imgur.com/Von3p.jpg

I agree Batman is one of the most complex DC characters. I think he's a cross between several Marval Characters.. Wolverine's biserkerness, Dare Devil in his ability to invoke fear and fearlessness, And the Punisher in his drawing a distinction between serving the law and serving justice.. ( having his own definition for justice.)..

I credit Frank Miller the famous Marval Comic writer who crossed over to DC to author the Dark Knight series and significantly improved the Batman brand, to my mind.

Who says you need the whole JLA to defeat the Avengers? Just send batman and give him prep time and he'll defeat the whole marvel universe including the gods, titans, whatever. He'll probably create some super amazing god killing batarangs that shoot from his butthole. Batman with prep time > anyone.

Yes absolutely... Batman is a fanatic. He tries to inspire fear. He's obsessive, badly adjusted, holds a grudge, and verges on the threshold of vigilantism. Batman is an anti hero.

You are afraid of the dark? Call Batman and he'll make whatever is in the dark afraid.

Cap is entirely different. He inspires loyalty,trust. He appeals to peoples better nature. He is in effect George Washington walking around in the modern age. A living legend.

Character wise they couldn't be more different... Now as for physical abilities... Cap is the perfect human because he took the super soldier formula. It has enhanced his healing, it has diminished the effects of old age, It has increased his strength to the capacity of the human body to obtain..

Batman hates bad guys... likes to knock the hell out of them, and works out fanatically to enable that passion. Even so Batman isn't nearly as strong as CAP... From purely a strength point of veiw Cap has a pretty big advantage.

If they actually fought, heck batman is probable an underdog in most of the fights he gets into and wins.... You are correct he's still crafty, has great toys, and willing to do anything it takes.

Bingo, very well put JMS. I believe that yes Batman is a psycho when it comes to planning 2 steps ahead of everyone else, but face to face, no planning, he'd have a tough time beatng Capt.

Bingo, very well put JMS. I believe that yes Batman is a psycho when it comes to planning 2 steps ahead of everyone else, but face to face, no planning, he'd have a tough time beatng Capt.

Sure, but Batman with no planning is like Hulk with no anger. What's the point of that? Planning and cheating to even the odds is Batman's real superpower.

I go with the Avengers, but under the following conditions.

Hulk takes Superman- He's the only one that can. If Doomsday could beat Superman to a pulp and 'kill' him. I'm sure the Hulk could as well. The Hulk's strength has 'no finite limit'. For those not well versed with the Hulk, see this slightly biased page - The Hulk!

Ironman takes Batman- Batman may be the only guy that can take down the Hulk, as he would devise some method of calming the beast. Ironman, however, takes away Batman's ability to out-think his foe, and will probably be the only one that can take him.

The rest of the Avengers just have to stay alive long enough for Hulk to finish Superman (could take a LONG time, but Thor might be able to stay alive that long). Once Supes is done, Hulk would smash everything else.

I go with the Avengers' date=' but under the following conditions.

Hulk takes Superman- He's the only one that can. If Doomsday could beat Superman to a pulp and 'kill' him. I'm sure the Hulk could as well. The Hulk's strength has 'no finite limit'. For those not well versed with the Hulk, see this slightly biased page - The Hulk!

Ironman takes Batman- Batman may be the only guy that can take down the Hulk, as he would devise some method of calming the beast. Ironman, however, takes away Batman's ability to out-think his foe, and will probably be the only one that can take him.

The rest of the Avengers just have to stay alive long enough for Hulk to finish Superman (could take a LONG time, but Thor might be able to stay alive that long). Once Supes is done, Hulk would smash everything else.

You mean Capt. America would take Batman. Other than that, good points.

You mean Capt. America would take Batman. Other than that, good points.

Either or, but I feel Ironman has a better chance than Cap, as ironman takes 2 of Batman's biggest strengths away from him (Intelligence and Stealth...I don't think Batman can hide from Ironman's optics.)

Either or' date=' but I feel Ironman has a better chance than Cap, as ironman takes 2 of Batman's biggest strengths away from him (Intelligence and Stealth...I don't think Batman can hide from Ironman's optics.)[/quote']

But wouldn't Iron Man stand the possibility of having his suit disabled due to Batman's stealth and planning? Capt. wouldn't face that problem and could outlast Batman is any duel. Hand 2 hand or other.

But wouldn't Iron Man stand the possibility of having his suit disabled due to Batman's stealth and planning? Capt. wouldn't face that problem and could outlast Batman is any duel. Hand 2 hand or other.

Possible, but either one will work. As long as Batman is taken down before he gets to Hulk, and the rest of JL is held at bay while Hulk takes down Superman, the rest is gravy.

Possible' date=' but either one will work. As long as Batman is taken down before he gets to Hulk, and the rest of JL is held at bay while Hulk takes down Superman, the rest is gravy.[/quote']

True. Because the biggest thing would be ensuring that Hulk was as angry as he could get. If Batman developed a serum before hand and used it on Banner, than Avengers would be screwed. But if he doesn't, and Iron Man and /or Capt take him out, than I feel like Thor teamed up with Hulk would have no trouble taking Superman down.

True. Because the biggest thing would be ensuring that Hulk was as angry as he could get. If Batman developed a serum before hand and used it on Banner, than Avengers would be screwed. But if he doesn't, and Iron Man and /or Capt take him out, than I feel like Thor teamed up with Hulk would have no trouble taking Superman down.

Definitely, and I'm pretty sure Hulk could take Supes by himself, but it'd be one epic battle. If this were a movie, I wouldn't let Thor team up, just to see them go at it like a better Neo and Agent Smith.

If there is planning beforehand, I wouldn't be surprised if Tony Stark showed up with Kryptonite. All of the Avengers would probably show up with kryptonite in that case

Definitely' date=' and I'm pretty sure Hulk could take Supes by himself, but it'd be one epic battle. If this were a movie, I wouldn't let Thor team up, just to see them go at it like a better Neo and Agent Smith.[/quote']

Yea man! It'd be so epic. Would be great to see Hulk and Supes go at it. Because both are pretty much invincible.

One thing I'm definitely getting out of this thread? Superman is lame as ****

One thing I'm definitely getting out of this thread? Superman is lame as ****

haha nah Supes is dope, he just ain't all that and a bag of chips like noob comic book "fans" say he is.

Allow me to think outside the box.

Before all out battle is initiated, Batman infiltrates Bruce Banner's residence, and sedates him with a powerful seditive, then takes him to the bat cave and confines him. He then hides the Kryptonite that he "Has on his person."

So now then, how are the Avengers supposed to find kryptonite in time before they are engaged, without Hulk, and not expect to be beaten?

Only way JLA wins. Superman by himself could take out a Hulk-less Avengers.

I could see the comic book setup now. Something about the JLA gets Fury and the Avengers to roll against the League. Batman gets word of this, and kidnaps and drugs Banner. Battle ensues; Ironman finds Banner, wakes him up (somehow, I dunno, gives him O2, or coke or something) Banner 'Hulks Out', sweet fight vs. Superman happens.

Only way this ends even better than Avengers winning is Galactus showing up with the bad guy team (Darkseid, Thanos, Doomsday and Onslaught).

Batman would find a way to disable Iron Man's suit. Cap would have the edge in physicality vs. Batman, Batman a slight edge in fighting style, Cap can out last him endurance wise, but Batman has the belt w/ gadgets and the longer the fight lasts the longer Batman has to find a weakness.

Wait, we're still debating this? I could've sworn that Superman was basically Sentry's prison *****, and Hulk could punt the rest of the JLA into outer space?

Wait, we're still debating this? I could've sworn that Superman was basically Sentry's prison *****, and Hulk could punt the rest of the JLA into outer space?

Since we all know Sentry would beat Superman, we had to even the battlefield and "remove" him from the discussion because he is "too new" a Super hero. lol And as for Elkabong, if you think that Capt would lose to Batman, I would like to know how. Captain America isn't invincible but it'd be pretty hard for him to lose to Batman EVEN if Batman uses his tools. Capt is a perfect specimen, and I don't think Batman would be able to keep up.

If you're using newer members then JLA would just have Zatanna wipe all of the Avenger's memories