Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Anybody else mad that they didn't see Sophia as a zombie in the barn coming?

In retrospect, it's obvious as hell. I had no idea, though. lol

I thoroughly enjoy this show, despite overwhelming internet criticism to the contrary (and I don't usually like zombie stuff at all.) My interest in the show and the criticism are probably stemming from the same source- that I like it for its post-apocalyptic storyline more than the zombie stuff, and the haters are pissed the zombie stuff isn't better.

I honestly sort of thought it would end up that way. If not in the barn, they'd find her as a zombie in some other big, confrontational way. The whole Sophia thing wasn't getting stretched out for the purpose of having a dramatic storyline about needing to find one of their lost party members, it was getting stretched out so ultimately Sophia would have to get put down as a symbol of the sort of tough choices they'd all have to learn how to make.

Also, Jon Bernthal (Shane) flipping out in that last 5 minutes was probably the best acting yet in this show, and one of the better acting scenes I've seen on TV this fall. That was crazily intense.

I honestly sort of thought it would end up that way. If not in the barn, they'd find her as a zombie in some other big, confrontational way. The whole Sophia thing wasn't getting stretched out for the purpose of having a dramatic storyline about needing to find one of their lost party members, it was getting stretched out so ultimately Sophia would have to get put down as a symbol of the sort of tough choices they'd all have to learn how to make.

Also, Jon Bernthal (Shane) flipping out in that last 5 minutes was probably the best acting yet in this show, and one of the better acting scenes I've seen on TV this fall. That was crazily intense.

I thought he was okay. What kills me is his accent. I don't mind Southern accents, but I don't like fake ones. He lays it on too thick at times.

BTW, he's from DC and went to Sidwell Friends.

Dude, that moment when he was putting bullets in the chest of the one zombie and yelling about 'how you can put 3 in the chest and it is still standing" was great.

Agreed. So much good in those last 5-10 minutes. It made the season.

I thoroughly enjoy this show, despite overwhelming internet criticism to the contrary (and I don't usually like zombie stuff at all.) My interest in the show and the criticism are probably stemming from the same source- that I like it for its post-apocalyptic storyline more than the zombie stuff, and the haters are pissed the zombie stuff isn't better.

I realized she would be in it right when Shane was causing his scene.

Can't wait for the second half

Dude, that moment when he was putting bullets in the chest of the one zombie and yelling about 'how you can put 3 in the chest and it is still standing" was great.

Absolutely. He made his "they aren't sick" point extremely well with that little demonstration. Though the fact that they were obviously rotting corpses should have driven the point home with or without Shane's effort.

As for Shane being the leader I don't think the first half of the season made that case as much as the first season did. There are many reasons for this but the fact that he went Britney Spears and shaved his head in a crazy fit is good enough on it's own. :ols:

That ending was amazing..but I would kill the old guy for knowing the little girl was a zombie in the barn when they were all looking for her the whole time.

Herschel may not have known about Sophia at all. Remember, he made a remark to Rick while they were collaring the walkers in the swampy area that "this was Otis' job, and now it's ours"....or something to that effect. If Otis was the one responsible for bringing the walkers into the barn, Herschel may not have known that Otis brough Sophia in.

BIGGGGGG Question for everyone.

Who else thinks that in the 2nd half of the season, the group will have to go off to lok for another place to live, and in it all finds Zombie walker Otis, and notices the gun shot(s) in his leg and turns on Shane? Anyone, anyone?!?!

I doubt it. Especially when you consider that locating a bullet wound on a festering corpse is hard enough. Proving it wasn't someone else that shot him nearly impossible. (plus he's only listed as being in two episodes on imdb)

Herschel may not have known about Sophia at all. Remember, he made a remark to Rick while they were collaring the walkers in the swampy area that "this was Otis' job, and now it's ours"....or something to that effect. If Otis was the one responsible for bringing the walkers into the barn, Herschel may not have known that Otis brough Sophia in.

That, and even if Herschel was the one who brought her in, how would he know who "Sophia" was? To them, she would have just been some random little girl who was "sick" like the others in the barn.

As for Shane being the leader I don't think the first half of the season made that case as much as the first season did. There are many reasons for this but the fact that he went Britney Spears and shaved his head in a crazy fit is good enough on it's own. :ols:

That may have been a result of his craziness after escaping the school, but it's pretty smart anyway. Once the zombie outbreak occurs, everyone should shave their heads.

Long hair = easy for walkers to grab.

http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Survival-Guide-Complete-Protection/dp/1400049628/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322530679&sr=8-1

That, and even if Herschel was the one who brought her in, how would he know who "Sophia" was? To them, she would have just been some random little girl who was "sick" like the others in the barn.

That may have been a result of his craziness after escaping the school, but it's pretty smart anyway. Once the zombie outbreak occurs, everyone should shave their heads.

Long hair = easy for walkers to grab.

http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Survival-Guide-Complete-Protection/dp/1400049628/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322530679&sr=8-1

One thing I would do, which nobody ever seems to in zombie movies, is wear long sleeves, long pants, some kind of helmet. The most important thing though, is the clothes would either be thick leather, or I'd have some folded up paper lining my clothes. Folded paper isn't easy to bite through, but it isn't so heavy that it slows you down.

That ending was amazing..but I would kill the old guy for knowing the little girl was a zombie in the barn when they were all looking for her the whole time.

Haven't read through all the comments yet, so I don't know if this has been discussed, but Herschel said during the episode that Otis was in charge of collecting the Zombies for the barn, so he might not have even known.

Edit: Beat to the punch by Pick6 and drop.

Edit #2: Anyone else feel looking back that Sophia being in the barn should have been SO predictable, but for some reason never even thought of it? That's me. Loved it, but right after I went "How the hell didn't we see that coming? That should have been so obvious".

Ah, here we go haha, I wasn't the only one.

---------- Post added November-28th-2011 at 09:21 PM ----------

BIGGGGGG Question for everyone.

Who else thinks that in the 2nd half of the season, the group will have to go off to lok for another place to live, and in it all finds Zombie walker Otis, and notices the gun shot(s) in his leg and turns on Shane? Anyone, anyone?!?!

Do you remember that scene? There's NOTHING left of Otis but some bones.

Which begs the question. In most zombie lore, they attack humans NOT because they're hungry or need to eat (in fact, their stomachs bloat and explode after too much flesh is stuffed down a dead, useless ingestion tract) but because the zombie virus has a survival instinct, and is trying to spread itself. So why literally tear apart a victim? Seems counter-intuitive, because if a horde descends on a victim, the only way that person's actually gonna have a chance to turn is if they successfully escape with a bite wound and turn later.

Edit #2: Anyone else feel looking back that Sophia being in the barn should have been SO predictable, but for some reason never even thought of it? That's me. Loved it, but right after I went "How the hell didn't we see that coming? That should have been so obvious".

Yea count me as another who is kind of beating himself up for not thinking of that earlier. The writers got us good on that one.

Archived