Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

1 minute ago, Gamebreaker said:

That was an interesting episode. Do you guys think Eugene is really indoctrinated or he's just playing along to keep safe?   

In a way, yes. I dont think Eugene is or ever was solely allied to a person or group, more than he yearns for protection. Protection is his endgame, and his "methods" are what help him achieve it.

Once he saw that Negan had use for him, he went for the biggest dog in the yard, and to further illustrate his desire not to ruin this golden opportunity, he snuffs out the wives' plan to assassinate  Negan.

Once its clear Rick has the advantage, i think he will go back, but for now, i think he is willfully on board with the Saviours

Yeah I agree. I think given the choice Eugene would want to be in a well-meaning group but he is more concerned with his own safety than anything else. 

I don't really get why Dwight threw the doctor under the bus unless he didn't think he could sell the lie without having a scapegoat. 

Strongest episode in a while. 

20 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

I don't really get why Dwight threw the doctor under the bus unless he didn't think he could sell the lie without having a scapegoat. 

Yeah i think he knew he couldnt bring her back, and at the same time let it be known that she was still alive, and that he had a hand in any of it

Letting the doctor take the fall was his way of avoiding more suspicion, staying alive, and being welcomed back into the fold all at once.

After all, he did say that being a Saviour was better than being dead... And this was the best way to ensure that it continue

Yeah, I was thinking about it more. Part of the conversation between Dwight and the doctor made it sound like the doctor was probing to find out how loyal Dwight  still is. 

I wonder if Dwight didn't want the doctor reporting to Negan that he was having doubts and this tied up that loose end. 

It's also possible Dwight didn't intend for the doctor to actually die and at that point he just had to play it all the way out. 

On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 3:16 AM, Gamebreaker said:

That was an interesting episode. Do you guys think Eugene is really indoctrinated or he's just playing along to keep safe?   

Eugene is **** scared of his situation, legit. So he's doing what he needs to to survive. But he's plotting, guaranteed. He knows he needs to play the long game and so he's doing little bits here and there to test the water while carefully showing servitude. 

He knows people will believe he's a bumbling coward, but he's done things to change that perception and Rick's crew have seen it. Besides, Negan gone killed his friend Ethan Albright and after all they went through, Eugene isn't just going to let that slide.

More silliness tonight. Walking on a roof you knew was going to collapse. Michone thought the walkers had Rick when it was obviously a deer.

And then Rick hands over 63 guns to a group who can't put together a single coherent sentence.

I thought Rick and michonne's giggling and flirty attitude given their current situation was pretty forced. 

The whole episode was just so random. They just so happen to find the guns needed immediately after the request was made. Why were their that many soldier walkers wandering around a carnival? With guns conveniently slung over shoulders and not lost wherever they died.  

At this point I'm practically begging someone to shoot Rosita to spare us her constant whining. 

44 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I thought Rick and michonne's giggling and flirty attitude given their current situation was pretty forced. 

Yeah ... I was hoping that the ghost of Glenn would show up and ask them what the **** they were playing at.

45 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Why were their that many soldier walkers wandering around a carnival? With guns conveniently slung over shoulders and not lost wherever they died.  

I'd imagine there was a school carnival going on when the outbreak happened. They never broke down the carnival and the school turned into a "safe zone".

3 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

At this point I'm practically begging someone to shoot Rosita to spare us her constant whining. 

Unfortunately, I think we will be saying goodbye to Sasha instead.

What's up with the walkers with their hands tied together and the carnival?

I hope that garbage group is just cannon fodder, and not part of the long term plan for the show. I am not fond of the Yodanese that they speak.

2 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

Yeah ... I was hoping that the ghost of Glenn would show up and ask them what the **** they were playing at.

Abraham and Glenn should've appeared together as force ghosts and asked them if they were trying to make pancakes. 

This show really has completely jumped the shark for me.

At this point I just want to see how it wraps up because the writers have gotten ridiculously predictable and boring.

How many more times are they going to try to fool us into thinking a character has been killed when they haven't?

I wish they would surprise me like they used to instead of the same ole boring storyline and lame horror movie shock scenes.

2 hours ago, daveakl said:

I'd imagine there was a school carnival going on when the outbreak happened. They never broke down the carnival and the school turned into a "safe zone".

My thoughts exactly.  They turned it into a safe zone and like everyone else, didn't understand the virus and having to pierce the brain to kill the ones that turned.  That led to everyone getting bitten, including the soldiers, which explained why there were a lot of walkers with guns over their shoulders.  Also made sense with some having their hands tied up.

I enjoyed the episode, especially with Rick and Michonne laughing/smiling/giggling.  For the first time in a long time, they were enjoying each other alone, without some **** hitting the fan.  Of course it did and whether or not you thought it was cheesy (when Michonne thought Rick was dead), it showed just how much in love they were now and how much each one meant to one another.  

Rick was in a happy place and knows that once they go back with guns and go after Negan, people are going to die, possibly him and Michonne and he was putting it off so he could enjoy as much time with the woman he loves before the **** goes down.  

18 minutes ago, redskinss said:

At this point I just want to see how it wraps up because the writers have gotten ridiculously predictable and boring.

How many more times are they going to try to fool us into thinking a character has been killed when they haven't?

I wish they would surprise me like they used to instead of the same ole boring storyline and lame horror movie shock scenes.

Most likely it will be a while before it wraps up.  Before the second half of season 7 started, the creator said in an interview that it took six seasons to get to comic book issue #100.  Comic book is currently on issue 165 and he said they typically cover around 20 issues per season.  

He wouldn't say it will go through season 12, but said he knows how/when he wants to end the story and.  My guess is it will go 10 seasons minimum, but could make it to a 12th season.   I read that even with the decline in total viewers this season, they are still dominating Sunday night television.  

^^^^^^^ yeah i knew that it had been reported they weren't close to the end.

Im just not into it like i was in the first couple seasons. 

The overall story still has me very curious though so i guess i gotta just buckle in for several years of eye rolling ridiculousness. 

50 minutes ago, redskinss said:

What makes you think their goal was to make the audience think Rick got killed, rather than Michonne herself, making her momentarily vulnerable (which is what I thought)?

Maybe you're looking at it from a lazy perspective

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

What makes you think their goal was to make the audience think Rick got killed, rather than Michonne herself, making her momentarily vulnetable?

I suppose that's possible but either way i wasn't impressed with the scene.

Im not suggesting there aren't other ways to interpret the story but my personal interpretation is that its gotten stale and boring.

Im also tired of these zombies being these slow pathetic creatures that are easily defeated by the dozens when it fits their narrative but being viscous killers when they want someone to die.

How is glenn covered in the damn things but not one single bite before he can retreat to safety but rusty griswold has one pop out of nowhere and rip his face off before he even has a chance to blink.

Its lazy writing if ya ask me but it's just my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I suppose that's possible but either way i wasn't impressed with the scene.

Im not suggesting there aren't other ways to interpret the story but my personal interpretation is that its gotten stale and boring.

Im also tired of these zombies being these slow pathetic creatures that are easily defeated by the dozens when it fits their narrative but being viscous killers when they want someone to die.

How is glenn covered in the damn things but not one single bite before he can retreat to safety but rusty griswold has one pop out of nowhere and rip his face off before he even has a chance to blink.

Its lazy writing if ya ask me but it's just my opinion. 

I think  "Glenn-dini" could've been handled better, but I also think its easy to be disappointed every episode if one confines themselves to a mental box.

Said the same thing about the ep that introduced us to the junkyard group, when people complained about their mannerisms

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

What makes you think their goal was to make the audience think Rick got killed, rather than Michonne herself, making her momentarily vulnerable (which is what I thought)?

This.  I watched it from Michonne's perspective, she was on the other side of the carnival killing walkers when she see's Rick fall off the Ferris wheel with too many walkers closing in on him.  She starts running to him and only sees them feasting.  You knew Rick didn't die, but she didn't and temporarily lost it because she thought the man she loved had just died.  

It was a nice set-up to show just how much in love they were with each other at that point along with setting up the talk in the car at the end.

18 minutes ago, redskinss said:

They have been rotting for years and were never really fast to begin with.  It's about numbers, environment and positioning.  A few here and there coming at you, you can take them out easily.  Same with positioning them at the carnival, get them stuck, take them out one by one with little or no danger of dying.  

Get injured (e.g. fall off a Ferris Wheel) and make noise, attract more than you can handle, while being cornered, big problem.  They are viscous because they can still bite/kill you, especially in numbers.  I also think that was another point of last nights episode, don't forget just how dangerous the walkers are or can be.

Rick and Michonne appeared to take for granted just how deadly they could still be.  Starting with the, you take those 8 and I'll get the one and move the car to block the gate.  Jokingly she says something like, so I kill 8 and you get one, both smiling like it's nothing.  Then **** hits the fan and they get in the car surrounded by walkers, exit through the sun roof.

Then, they separate a horde into two groups, try to get them stuck on the gates for easy killing.  Then Rick falls and they flock towards him.  For so many episodes, walkers have been part of the background scenery, they got comfortable killing them, etc.  Then got hit with a dose of reality last night.  

9 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

This.  I watched it from Michonne's perspective, she was on the other side of the carnival killing walkers when she see's Rick fall off the Ferris wheel with too many walkers closing in on him.  She starts running to him and only sees them feasting.  You knew Rick didn't die, but she didn't and temporarily lost it because she thought the man she loved had just died.  

It was a nice set-up to show just how much in love they were with each other at that point along with setting up the talk in the car at the end.

Yeah i thought that was the theme of the episode (the " I could lose you and you could lose me, etc" talk), when it was clear in that moment, that she had lost the will to carry on.

6 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I guess i can see that angle but it's tough for me to wrap my brain around seeing something i know to be false but try to look at it from someone elses perspective. 

Archived