Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday night Theme song which is better?

bonesbr549

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think everyone is going to have differing opinions based on the music that they like. I personally hate both of them but I hate the old one more because how many ****ing times can we hear that goddamn song?? How many years in a row? it's time to move on. I can't even listen to the promo's for MNF without getting annoyed. OMG make it stop. btw, the guy didn't do anything wrong so pulling him was stupid.

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 08:55 PM ----------

You're right, the classic song that you mentioned is what I like the best, especially at a Redskins game when they play it over the stadium speakers, it has to get the players going.

The newer one doesn't do it

I can totally get behind the classic, that still gives me chills

I think they should get Cee Lo Green to do the Monday Night Footbal song. Out with the old. It was cool 10+ years ago.

I seriously can't stand that guy.

I think they need to go a little old school rock like ZZ Top or something if they don't do the classic one again.

I seriously can't stand that guy.

I think they need to go a little old school rock like ZZ Top or something if they don't do the classic one again.

lol I hear you dude..to each his/her own. I think Cee Lo is current and also classic. I'm not a traditionalist type to claw and hold on to old ways. ZZ Top is cool though.

lol I hear you dude..to each his/her own. I think Cee Lo is current and also classic. I'm not a traditionalist type to claw and hold on to old ways. ZZ Top is cool though.

That is true, I just can't stand his voice. I like this new style of mixing the old stuff with current music kind of like Winehouse did.

I don't know, would not mind watching Faith Hill dance around in something skimpy two nights in a row if NBC would loan her out.

Oh Dear jumpin Jehosephat, NO! First off, they BUTCHER "I hate myself for loving you" by Joan Jett for the SNF song & I'm not a fan of country music (or country music stars) & Faith Hill is not all that.

They need to go in a new direction & since the whole premis of this topic is moot, really, since regardless of whether we wanted/needed a change, we're getting it anyway, they should go in a more Rock 'N' Roll direction with the MNF intro, IMO.

One night of Faith Hill is quite enough.

---------- Post added October-12th-2011 at 12:10 AM ----------

The newer one doesn't do it

Please tell me this is a joke! This is NOT the new song for MNF. :rotflmao:

If so, the NFL on tv is truly a joke. The commentating is already the results of scraping the bottom of the gene pool for people who can breathe properly, muchless speak. If they run that as the intro song, they should fire themselves.

The original one is the best but "Are You Ready for Some Football/Rowdy Friends" was better than the weak **** they had in Detroit. Barry Sanders talking about Detroit with some non descript blues music? Crap.

I say either go back to the original or hire someone to write a fresh open. The music should get you pumped, not that weak stuff they had Monday. When they went from that open to inside the stadium, I sat there thinking "that's it?".

I guess I'm old fashioned, but hearing Hank screaming "are you ready for some football", followed by the DA-DA-DA-DAAA with Gifford doing the little intro, followed by the music, it always got me fired up, especially when the Skins were on. I would crank my stereo up high, shake the pictures off the wall literately, grab my beer and PLOP!

Of course this was years ago, being they've changed the format a few times, but it was by far the best IMO.

Since

If they wanna change it, let em do something different; send out invites to alot of music giants, ask them if they'd be interested in doing a bit on a certain MNF game. ZZ one night, U2, Celo, and other groups can be asked to come up with something blood pumping to introduse the game; just no Justin Bieber...

There isn't a new theme for Monday Night football. What you see right now is an interim opening. Throw this poll out there next season when the new theme hits.

Anyway we were due for a change. The 1989 Williams theme was stale and old. I like the NBC Sunday Night theme. It sounds like football.

This is what they need to do. Hire John Williams and let him create another epic instrumental theme.

I didn't get to hear the new version. But, I definely welcome a change from the original. It was time.

I think everyone is going to have differing opinions based on the music that they like. I personally hate both of them but I hate the old one more because how many ****ing times can we hear that goddamn song?? How many years in a row? it's time to move on. I can't even listen to the promo's for MNF without getting annoyed. OMG make it stop. btw, the guy didn't do anything wrong so pulling him was stupid.
Four pages of quotes from others who knew not to comment on this subject matter and simply stick with the thread title mainly because this is not the forum for it.

But there always seems to be one.

Archived