Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I am in 207. My account still shows my seats. I did requst to stay in the 200's and to stay home side. Hope that does not hold me up from a upgrade. I did pay on time.

My understanding is they only move you toward the 50 in a like section to the one you are in.

That wont hold you up.

What's holding up the auto upgrade process is the ticket office contacting people who didn't renew, and trying to offer them incentives (parking passes as they did for me, they also offered to move me to the lower level) to get people to renew.

Once they know they've got majority of the people who are interested in season tickets this season, they'll do the auto upgrade to move everyone up.

Until then they are using whatever holes/available seats they have to try to coax more people into renewing.

It sucks, i know, I used to complain like everyone else. I paid on time, and everyone else got upgrades for not paying on time. I finally decided not to pay on time. They called me after the weekend of the draft and offered to move me from endzone in the upper level to sideline on the lower level.

Just the way they operate.

They called me after the weekend of the draft and offered to move me from endzone in the upper level to sideline on the lower level.

What section did they offer you? Did you have to get clubs first? Did you take it? Never heard of a move from the UL endzone to LL sideline before.

That wont hold you up.

What's holding up the auto upgrade process is the ticket office contacting people who didn't renew, and trying to offer them incentives (parking passes as they did for me, they also offered to move me to the lower level) to get people to renew.

Once they know they've got majority of the people who are interested in season tickets this season, they'll do the auto upgrade to move everyone up.

Until then they are using whatever holes/available seats they have to try to coax more people into renewing.

It sucks, i know, I used to complain like everyone else. I paid on time, and everyone else got upgrades for not paying on time. I finally decided not to pay on time. They called me after the weekend of the draft and offered to move me from endzone in the upper level to sideline on the lower level.

If I do not upgrade this year I will try that next year. If I do not get an offer I will be OK. I had a good run. 6 years with tickets. And no more $2500credit card bills to pay.

That wont hold you up.

Nothing against you personally, but I just don't believe this.

I can certainly see the TO dangling parking passes, free concert tickets, and maybe decent upgrades on the level of 15 rows down in section or maybe LL end zone. As someone who paid in full in February and for the past couple years has simply been asking to be moved from UL end zone to UL sideline, I am a little irked by these offers to holdouts. Still, I understand they are trying to fill seats.

But for a holdout to be rewarded with a move from UL end zone to LL sideline??? Outrageous. There's no way.

Edited by capcrunch98

If I do not upgrade this year I will try that next year. If I do not get an offer I will be OK. I had a good run. 6 years with tickets. And no more $2500credit card bills to pay.

tshile is not correct. The TO has started the auto upgrade process. It started a week ago. Many of us with seats in the lower level 100 section have seen our seats disappear from our 2011 invoice. This happened last year as people were being upgraded. The TO works its way around the 100 level, then the 200 level. Your preference will be taken into account. Last year, I sat in section 424, goal line visitor side. I asked the TO to put a note on my account that if I were ever upgraded to the lower level, I wanted to be placed as near to the home side as possible. And that happened. In fact, most of the messages last year were people being placed in the center of the endzone or nearer to the visitor side. I was placed in section 109 near the Redskins tunnel.

Give it a few weeks.....they'll get to you. It does take time and the season if it ever starts is still several months away.

Oh...I would guess there are fewer upgrade options for 200 level folks. The rules are they move you closer to the 50 yard line approximately near the row you are coming from. Since there are fewer seats in the 200 sections, there may also be less turnover. I'm just trying to apply some logic; don't know if this truly is the case.

I am with you. Regardless of what the Skins PR dept. says, the fact is season ticket renewals are at an all-time low. Most fans whose accounts are in good standing, especially those in the upper deck (such as myself), should get decent upgrades. If I am in the same seats next year, I will be ready to walk in 2012. Love the team and love the gameday experience, and I do believe that tickets will one day be harder to come by once the Skins get good (and considering they are reducing supply by removing seating), so I hope it doesn't come to that.

I agree. This used to be the modus operandi of the TO. But it changed drastically last year. If this were true, we would have heard many people reporting such transactions. And we have not. In fact, lots of people who have paid late or tried to negotiate upgrades have stated emphatically that the TO is not offering seat upgrades for renewing seats. We have heard of a few people who have been offered green parking passes and/or the 10% down payment and pay the rest when the lockout is lifted. But the TO is not offering seat upgrades to retain seats on a regular basis. We did have one fan who reported he called last week to renew but his seats were already gone and no longer available to him. The TO gave him seats one section over to keep his season tickets. That is the only case that I have read about and I have been monitoring all three of the ticket threads here on Extremeskins.

It makes sense to me that tshile got the offer to move down because his UL seats are being removed for the party deck.

I don't think its a question of the offer to move down, its the location to LL sideline that has everyone ****ing an eyebrow.

If you're in the upper level no matter how much you inquire I don't think it's gonna do any good right now. Once the seat assignments in the LL start showing up then you're on the clock.

Just checked my account and my seats are no longer listed! I was in 442 last year...

I will preface this by saying I have not read all of this thread.

Had been getting calls from the TO to my old cell phone, so I finally called back today and they asked why I did not renew. I said the CBA was my deciding factor, and they stressed I could do the pay 25% down now, pay the 75% the day the CBA gets done.

For **** and giggles I also asked what my chances of moving were, and I was told since my seat is going to be torn up I could be moved to the lower level, but it would be quite pricy. If I kept my current seat I would be relocated to a similar seat and pay the same price.

Still hard for me to pony up for tickets when we are not sure if we will have a season, but at least they are not throwing package deals at you like they have in the past (when they would tell you your only chance of upgrading is via the TDC or TGC)

I presume if you were upgraded to the lower level, it would be to the end zone. I don't understand how they are offering a LL upgrade unless you are already in the first 5-10 rows. Last year the only upgrades in the UL were down in the same section. So obviously, they may not be able to upgrade you into the first five rows because those are filled already. I suppose they have decided they cannot upgrade you towards the 50 yard line if it will put you in a higher row. Hmmmm....I suppose some of these upgrades are going to happen because the TO is trying not to put people in a worse seat. But I would think a lot of sideline UL folks would be pretty upset if endzone folks were moved down to the LL ahead of them.

Were you in one of the first 10 rows last season?

I was in Row 18

FWIW, parking was not even discussed, nor was the 10% down option.

I mentioned parking towards the end of the call, and he said they could talk about that and they could definitely work with me. (whatever the hell that means)

Edited by adam@section118

I was in Row 18

FWIW, parking was not even discussed, nor was the 10% down option.

I mentioned parking towards the end of the call, and he said they could talk about that and they could definitely work with me. (whatever the hell that means)

Well, it sounds like the TO has been told to work with you folks losing your seat now that the cat is out of the bag. That is a good thing for you if you want to work with them to continue having season tickets. And its only fair they make sure you are happy. They ARE taking away your seats without even asking or letting you know until the **** hit the fan. Why the Redskins cannot figure out that you cannot keep secrets in the internet age is beyond me. They keep doing stupid and embarrassing things. They should have sent a letter to each end zone seat holder before removing seats and simply said "because of new stadium improvements, your seats may be removed" and then say how they were going to satisfy you. Just when you think they are improviing, they do stupid **** like this.

I can report that I am in the upper level sidelines row 14 and my seats are missing guessing this means I am getting a upgrade. Can't wait to see where I am getting moved.

I'm in row 4 upper level and my seats are missing as well. Does anyone remember from last year how long they disappear before the new seat assignment is released/posted? I know they may or may not be calling confirming the price increase before assignment but I'm just curious. Interesting you've gotten the word from Row 14. I know there were some decent jumps from last year (first 10 rows or so) but I'm not sure anyone went from 14 to LL. That does make me wonder a lot about the number of paid in full renewals.

My seats are missing too. I was in row 10 of section 422. I hope I am out of that section completely and in the lower level. The seats were $79 when people either on section over or a few rows higher paid less for the same view.

We still have no way of knowing for sure how much ST renewals are down this year, but an article in the WP might provide a clue.

"Ticket sales are down 53 percent from the same time a year ago, according to Don Vaccaro, chief executive of TicketNetwork, one of the country’s leading online ticket exchanges."

The figure is based on nation-wide secondary market sales, but where there's smoke, there's fire.