• Blog Entries

    • By JimmiJo in ES Coverage
         1

       
      And we are back!
       
      Hello boys and girls, welcome to another year of Washington Redskins football, home-team style.
       
      My name is JimmiJo and I am joined by my shuttered compatriot, Spaceman Spiff. Together we bring you the sights and sounds of Redskins preseason football. Tonight represents the first home installment for Washington. I will be looking for fan enthusiasm, tho it is difficult to gauge interest-level from the preseason. These are the games that the season ticket holders give to their siblings and coworkers.
       
      Tonight may be different as we expect Alex Smith to play. The pundits keep telling me he is Kirk Cousins only better. That will be awesome if so. 
       
      We are quickly filling the list with season-ending injuries, with Washington losing three projected contributors in the first week of preseason. This wince-producing stat is made worse when we consider the projected contributions of Derrius Guice, now lost for the year.
       
      All he was brought here to do was resurrect the Redskins' rushing game. 
       
      This for me is the biggest area of concern for me. The running game has got to get better for this team to have any reason success this year.
       
      Stand by for Inactives...
       
      An hour later I remember they don't do inactives in the preseason. Hey, it's preseason for us too!
       
      Not much to report. Very sparse crowd so far. But given it is a work-night and rush hour is just wrapping up on the beltway I am not surprised we are not overflowing with people yet.
       
      The Redskins appear to be wearing burgundy tops and mustard bottoms, for those keeping score at home. The Jets meanwhile, are sporting white tops and green bottoms.
       
      So far just the kickers and long snappers are warming up from both teams. 
       
      The hot, sunny day is giving way to a warm, breezy evening. Should be fairly pleasant viewing conditions for those coming out.
       
      Kickoff

      It is about that time. Follow along in-game on Twitter @Skinscast
       
      Half
       
      Alex Smith looked sharp, going 4-6 for 48-yards and a 91 passer-rating. 
       
      But that's not the story of this game.
       
      The story is the injuries that continue to mount to running backs. Samaje Perine had an impressive 30-yard run. Then limped off to be evaluated for an ankle sprain. Next was Byron Marshall.  A lower leg injury they say.
       
      The Redskins are suffering the worst run of injuries this early maybe ever. 
       
      JimmiJo
       
      I am not sure how much we learned tonight. I take that back.
       
      Kevin Hogan, whom I had taken to calling ‘Nogan,’ somehow produced a lovely comeback victory with no time to spare. Way to send them home happy.
       
      Beyond the excitement at the end I am not sure we learned much.
       
      Alex Smith is exactly who we thought he was. Smith went 4-for-6 for 48-yards and a passer rating of 91. There was some excitement on his first call from scrimmage, when Smith play actioned the handoff and kept the ball on a bootleg, he turned to setup to hit Paul Richardson and instead received a face-full of Jets’ linebacker Jordan Jenkins. Smith completed the pass to Richardson and Jenkins was handed a 15- roughing call.
       
      The offense are exactly who we thought they are. Feckless in the redzone; unable to produce anything but field goals. Even when the stars did align, with Colt McCoy connecting Cam Sims, area spectacular touchdown catch; cruel fate intervened with a chickenscratch procedure call.
       
      The injuries are exactly what we feared they could be. Why is it every running back who goes for 30-yards on a single play comes up limping? Samaje Perine ran for 30-yards on his one carry on the night.
       
      The next time he was seen was on the way to the locker room to have an ankle looked at.
       
      Then there was Byron Marshall. He barely got into the game before coming out with a leg injury.
       
      After the first few drives Washington did very little offensively until they had to at the very end.
       
      And as little as this preseason game meant, it was nice to see the valiant stop at the goal line. It was even nicer to see Mr. Hogan lead the team down the field and to victory.
       
      Oh yea, we learned one more thing - Dustin Hopkins can kick field goals.
       
      Hail!
bryantlc

Season Ticket Renewals

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, eorndorff said:

I am in 241 row 4.  240 is a great section. You will have the roof overhead, and can sit the entire game. 

Thanks! Sounds like it should be a lot better than where I was in 102 and I can't wait to be able to see what the new seats are like. Bring on Football Season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RobinTom said:

We got great seats. Section 142, row 19 seats 16 & 17. We have held season tickets since 1999 and started in the last row upper deck in the ed zone. Had better view of the Washington Monument than the field with those seats. We were excited to just have tickets. Stuck with the tickets and always upgraded when we could. Moved a bunch of times but always to better seats. Really looking forward to these seats at the 50 yard-line on the Redskins side in row 19!  HTTR

 

Damn Rob!  

Those are great seats!  Well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...got a letter in the mail yesterday stating that "That there are a limited number of lower level seats available for you to relocate, upgrade, or add on to your account".

I have been a STH since 1999.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2018 at 11:40 AM, MarkB452 said:

...got a letter in the mail yesterday stating that "That there are a limited number of lower level seats available for you to relocate, upgrade, or add on to your account".

I have been a STH since 1999.

 

I got the same thing.

 

I also signed up for the club level ticket news or whatever just to track their deals, and I just had two questions for anyone in this thread:  

 

1.) Has this deep of a discount always been in effect for club seats?  I totally can see that being the case with how steep the discount is

 

2.) How does this compare to the "dream seats" in terms of price per ticket 

 

Premium Club Pricing Listed Endzone: $4,400

Premium Club Pricing Discount: $1,999 (55% discount)

 

Premium Club Pricing Listed Sideline: $5,650

Premium Club Pricing Discount: $2,4999 (56% discount) 

 

Premium Club Pricing Listed Midfield: $7,400

Premium Club Pricing Discount: $2,999 (59% discount) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

1.) Has this deep of a discount always been in effect for club seats?  I totally can see that being the case with how steep the discount is

 

2.) How does this compare to the "dream seats" in terms of price per ticket 

 

Premium Club Pricing Listed Endzone: $4,400

Premium Club Pricing Discount: $1,999 (55% discount)

 

Premium Club Pricing Listed Sideline: $5,650

Premium Club Pricing Discount: $2,4999 (56% discount) 

 

Premium Club Pricing Listed Midfield: $7,400

Premium Club Pricing Discount: $2,999 (59% discount) 

 

This is curious to me. For instance, for the $7400 seats, are they actually taking off $3000 off the price to make the cost of the ticket $4400 per season, or are they taking $4400 off the price to make the cost of the ticket $3000 per season?

 

If its the former, then that would be in line with past offers. If its the latter, then that would be a substantial discount over past offers. If there is a way to upload what the Skins have actually sent, I'd love to see it.

 

I believe the Redskins asking price for the dream seats have been about the same as the midfield club seats have gone for. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2018 at 8:28 AM, hail2skins said:

This is curious to me. For instance, for the $7400 seats, are they actually taking off $3000 off the price to make the cost of the ticket $4400 per season, or are they taking $4400 off the price to make the cost of the ticket $3000 per season?

 

If its the former, then that would be in line with past offers. If its the latter, then that would be a substantial discount over past offers. If there is a way to upload what the Skins have actually sent, I'd love to see it.

 

I believe the Redskins asking price for the dream seats have been about the same as the midfield club seats have gone for. 

 

 

Sorry I wasn't clear.  The pricing discount is what you would be purchasing the ticket for.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just this morning I got yet another email telling me it's not too late to renew my season tix.

 

Sales must be even slower than I expected.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are feeling the pinch. The Nats are routinely good and the Caps won a ship.  Who is going to want to invest in a trash product like the skins

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, got the it isnt to late to renew season tix, yesterday while waiting for the parade to start. I laughed and said to my self I rather spend that money on CAPS tickets next year.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, just654 said:

Yep, got the it isnt to late to renew season tix, yesterday while waiting for the parade to start. I laughed and said to my self I rather spend that money on CAPS tickets next year.

...or Nats playoff tickets....(400 level NLDS tickets were $64 and NLCS tickets were $139 last year).......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a result from the new guy LaFemina.  I'll take it.  The Redskins do a great job with the rewards program, but they still have room to go in other aspects of the gameday experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp - 

 

http://www.espn.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=23781272

 

Quote

The Washington Redskins say they no longer have a waiting list for fans wanting to buy season tickets.

The team's new chief operation officer, Brian Lafemina, says Wednesday that the Skins are "taking a fresh look at every area of the business."

- - -

The Redskins ranked 28th in the 32-team NFL last season in home attendance as a percentage of stadium capacity, at about 88 percent.

 

flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

It's about time Ashburn admitted what we've all known for years. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well that didnt take long just got "We Hail together" email to find all the seats. There is sections with over 100 seats open. WoW!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, just654 said:

well that didnt take long just got "We Hail together" email to find all the seats. There is sections with over 100 seats open. WoW!!

 

Yup, and I wonder how long before brokers snatch them up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

 

Yup, and I wonder how long before brokers snatch them up. 

 

Probably a long time. People were having a hard time getting face value for them. Not sure how much business sense it makes for a broker to buy them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

 

Probably a long time. People were having a hard time getting face value for them. Not sure how much business sense it makes for a broker to buy them.

On the visitor side, depending on where you are at and our other opponents, it would make sense.  This year would be a good year for brokers, because you have the Cowboys/Giants/Eagles like always, plus get the Packers and another close team for travel in Carolina.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The organization (and this new guy LaFemina) can say all they want about improving gameday experience for fans, but those words are all empty until they remove the dream seats so that people in the 100s don't have to stand the entire game (because the dream seat people can't see without standing).  I sit in the upper level so it's not a problem for me, but truly seems like a completely obvious thing that the team seems not to understand.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the amount of empty unsold season tickets they are displaying for sale it's a wonder if the home games at FedEx Field won't be blacked out for the local television market. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, suresign said:

With the amount of empty unsold season tickets they are displaying for sale it's a wonder if the home games at FedEx Field won't be blacked out for the local television market. 

The old NFL blackout rules have been suspended for the past few years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really dont mind standing the whole game in the lower level. I love when my section is up and going and cheering the whole game. I know there are people who want to sit but I mean come on you can sit at home... get into the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gellnasty said:

I really dont mind standing the whole game in the lower level. I love when my section is up and going and cheering the whole game. I know there are people who want to sit but I mean come on you can sit at home... get into the game

 

Cool - that's your preference.  But many people would prefer to at least have the choice to stand or sit.  Being forced to stand the whole game is one of the reasons many seats in the 100 level sidelines have opened up in the past several years.  This new COO can talk all he wants about improving the gameday experience but unless he addresses this issue his talk is sort of empty.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, hail2skins said:

The old NFL blackout rules have been suspended for the past few years. 

 

...could be the end of the so-called sell out streak.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.