Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is Chad Dukes so rude to callers?

RonArtest15

Anyone ever notice this? You can't have a differing viewpoint without being ridiculed or hung up on. If you're not stroking an ego, or agreeing with what they say 100%, you're going to be talked-over and ultimately not heard....I do enjoy their show occasionally because it is so different from what's on 980....but WOW, there's a stark contrast as far as how they treat listeners when they call in (in comparison to 980). There is zero respect given on some occasions, and I don't think that's the right way to go about your business.

Because most of them are idiots.

This. Also, Im sure he reads the negative comments said about him, not only here but other places as well, and since he cant pinpoint the type of listener or the exact listeners that say ill things of him, he just becomes indifferent and cold to them all, but he thinly veils it by thanking the fans for listening, and attempts at being nice to callers like host's of other shows. If any host's on 106.7 are rude and mean to fans, it's the Sports Junkies. They are rude, and talk down to almost all of their fan base, and then they make fun of mentally handi-capped people and get laughs at their expense but turn right back around and play it off like they were joking or like they really appreciate the mentally challenged regulars they bait into calling. The Sports Junkies genuinly do not like their fanbase, unless you are a young woman with big boobs,not wearing underware, and is ready to put out... then they would love you...

Truth is, Chad Dukes isgood at whathe does.he engages the audience,he pushes hot buttons in order to get people into the conversation and so that they call in to the show. He is supposed to be a polarizing voice,play devils advocate,and he does a great job of keeping the show flowing when Lavar wants to get all riled up.

This. Also, Im sure he reads the negative comments said about him, not only here but other places as well, and since he cant pinpoint the type of listener or the exact listeners that say ill things of him, he just becomes indifferent and cold to them all, but he thinly veils it by thanking the fans for listening, and attempts at being nice to callers like host's of other shows. If any host's on 106.7 are rude and mean to fans, it's the Sports Junkies. They are rude, and talk down to almost all of their fan base, and then they make fun of mentally handi-capped people and get laughs at their expense but turn right back around and play it off like they were joking or like they really appreciate the mentally challenged regulars they bait into calling. The Sports Junkies genuinly do not like their fanbase, unless you are a young woman with big boobs,not wearing underware, and is ready to put out... then they would love you...

Truth is, Chad Dukes isgood at whathe does.he engages the audience,he pushes hot buttons in order to get people into the conversation and so that they call in to the show. He is supposed to be a polarizing voice,play devils advocate,and he does a great job of keeping the show flowing when Lavar wants to get all riled up.

Dude, you really misunderstand the Junks. They're not mean to callers. They might poke fun at them while they're on the line, sure, but it's good-natured. I would expect them to poke fun at me if I called in. I would laugh. If you can't stand the heat....

Also, they don't make fun of mentally handicapped people, at least not in the way you're describing. When Bruce the Hugger calls in to make an "announcement," they put him on because his voice sounds funny (and because the announcements themselves are usually funny). Sure, it probably sounds funny as a result of his mental handicap, but they don't dislike him because of the mental handicap. They genuinely love the guy. They've had him in studio, and even let him host entire segments. I'm sure they've given him stuff before. They host charity events to give thousands of dollars to hospitals that serve the masses, the ones they supposedly hate so much. If you think the Junks don't like Bruce, and you think they laugh when he's on because he's mentally handicapped instead of the fact that he makes funny announcements in a funny voice, then you don't understand why they're laughing. If a non-handicapped person were to make the same announcements in the same voice, they'd still have him on. Nobody (well, almost nobody) would laugh at the mentally handicapped simply by virtue of the fact that they're handicapped. Like you've said, that's pretty damn cruel.

Yeah but the junkies do it in a funny way, and they dont do it to every single caller with a different opinion like Dukes does. The junkies only make fun of the donks that call in

G.A.C.O.L.B. in 3.... 2 :)

Haha, that's too funny.

But yeah, **** Chad Dukes. He's a fat ****, loser nerd who was doing breast reduction radio bits a year ago. Of course he's going to have a complex about hosting a sportstalk show. But he's always been a douche. Hated him on Big O and Dukes and hate him even more now. Before he was just lame and douchey. Now he's lame, douchey and in over his head. Can't wait until he's pushing laugh track buttons for some Morning Zoo show in Waco, Texas.

His ****ing man crush on Colt Brennan was sickening. He never has anything worth while to say. Just a fan of certain players on the team and no matter how ****ing awful they might be, he just backs them up regardless. God forbid someone told him that Brennan stinks over the summer. The man crush was fully engaged.

He's moderately knowledgeable about the Skins but his information about the Wizards is god awful. He also likes to pretend that he's a huge hockey guy when he's clearly not.

Speaking of his Wizards knowledge...I'm not going to get into some details but way back in the day me and him had an argument about the Wizards and he ****ing blocked me on AIM. Just for disagreeing with him. Not being rude, not being disrespectful, not cussing at him, not anything like that. Just disagreeing with him. Something stupid and small like if Haywood or Etan should start too. It was ridiculous.

He's always been self-conscious about sports. He probably did CK some "favors" to get a sportstalk hosting gig. That's the only way it makes sense.

Sports are simply not his thing. I don't care what he did on Big O and Dukes, his sports knowledge for being on a prime time slot and on a network like 106.7 is awful. You expect someone like that to know all the ins and outs of local teams that many other guys on 106.7 do. It would help if he had a better personality next to him but Lavar is usually busy screaming incoherent nonsense half the time. Then he goes on those long rants about **** no one cares about. For the time slot both these guys get, they put out a C grade product.

Hating on Chad and defending the Junkies makes no sense to me. The Junkies sports knowledge very obviously comes off notes they have in front of them for prepared segments because when they get caught off guard you realize they know more about TMZ celeb news than sports. The "ladies" on The View are less annoying than the Junkies because at least that gaggle of stupidity didn't feel the need to coin a stupid accent to emphasize how ridiculous they are. Can't stand the Junkies or the fact that they walk around like they own 106.7 when they are the worst show on that station. Kevin and Rock should immediately be given their time slot.

Chad Dukes isn't a bad guy at all but he does have a personality that can rub some people the wrong way. He might just be scared for his life sharing a small room with Arrington that at times seems unstable. lol I will agree that he's unfriendly to callers that disagree with him at times. He does the political talk radio thing "when in doubt drown them out and hang up". For interviews I prefer UnWise Mike though when not interviewing anyone he's not very good. His journalism background shines through in more complex topics though because the guy does know his stuff and knows how to disagree with a guest and still ask his questions and continue the discourse.

Hating on Chad and defending the Junkies makes no sense to me. The Junkies sports knowledge very obviously comes off notes they have in front of them for prepared segments because when they get caught off guard you realize they know more about TMZ celeb news than sports. The "ladies" on The View are less annoying than the Junkies because at least that gaggle of stupidity didn't feel the need to coin a stupid accent to emphasize how ridiculous they are. Can't stand the Junkies or the fact that they walk around like they own 106.7 when they are the worst show on that station. Kevin and Rock should immediately be given their time slot.

Chad Dukes isn't a bad guy at all but he does have a personality that can rub some people the wrong way. He might just be scared for his life sharing a small room with Arrington that at times seems unstable. lol

I gotta disagree with you Destino. The Junkies are fairly knowlegeable about sports...even though I tend to disagree with thier opinions.

Now if you want an example of not knowing sports, then look no further then Kevin and Rock.

Most people who are rude act that way because they're dumb. They lack the ability to see tangential arguments or to gracefully or wittily escape awkward situations. I posit that Chad Dukes is rude because he is dumb and lacks knowledge and attempts to hide it through bluster and incivility.

First thing in the morning, the Junkies suck.

Up next, UnWise Mike is unlistenable.

Staying tuned, Chad Dukes is a douche who barely has a clue about what he's talking about.

So it just sounds to me like you have to be a suck ass know-nothing douche to be on the WJFK daytime lineup.

~Bang

Most people who are rude act that way because they're dumb. They lack the ability to see tangential arguments or to gracefully or wittily escape awkward situations. I posit that Chad Dukes is rude because he is dumb and lacks knowledge and attempts to hide it through bluster and incivility.

That's pretty much it. The entire Chad and Lavar show consists of Lavar ****ing like a girl about some topic no one cares about and Chad yelling at those who call in and disagree with him.

Just an example of the top of my head. a few months ago when Chad had a full blown man crush on Colt Brennan, a guy called in stating that Colt won't make it in the NFL because he's not talented enough. Chad brings up his college credentials and the caller tells him that Brennan played in a weak conference and a pass heavy system. Chad yells at him for two minutes and hangs up with out even giving the other guy a chance to answer back.

UnWise Mike isn't horrible. He's just incredibly boring. He's a good interviewee though.

I mentioned this elsewhere, but Chad was recently pontificating after the Vikes traded for Randy Moss that it was virtually a done deal that McNabb would sign with Minnesota after the season. He pointed specifically to the Moss trade, and the fact that McNabb has a history with Brad Childress, as reasons for McNabb signing there.

He went on and on about how much better the "situation" is in Minnesota for McNabb. But it seemed to completely escape him that Randy Moss is an unrestricted free agent at season's end and could be playing anywhere in 2011 (including DC, for all we know), so Moss has no impact on anything Minnesota-related beyond this year.

That, and the Vikes are going for it all in 2010, and Brad Childress will likely be unemployed at season's end if the Vikes don't at least get to the Super Bowl.

So from where I sit, there's a damn good chance that both Randy Moss and Brad Childress will be elsewhere next year. Yet anyone who disagreed with Chad's premise was treated like a complete idiot. If Minnesota had lost to Dallas, Childress might not have even lasted til the end of the season.

Chad really is a d-bag. It's fine for him to have his opinions, but everyone else's opinions are worthless. I guarantee you half the people on this board know more about football and the Skins than that guy does.

Dukes is a great radio guy. But he's a ****ty sports talk guy. The problem with his show is that LaVar might be the worst radio personality in the history of on air sports talk. He gets on long winded rants and often times makes no sense. I actually dont mind the show when B Mitch is on Air with Dukes.

The junkies are just tragic. They know dick about sports, talk over eachother and make dumb comments. I am shocked that they still have listeners. I'm off that 106.7 wagon and on to Czaban.

Archived