Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

23 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Do athletes every try to campaign for others? Derrick Rose didn't campaign for Lebron. I don't think Curry or anyone on GS actually campaigned for Durant. Guys will pick where they pick for whatever reason. Other all star players have too much athletic arrogance to be seen as begging for another star to join them.

The Warriors have been campaigning for Durant since the 2014-15 season.

Curry, Green, Klay, and Iggy were all in the Hamptons last summer to convince Durant to join Golden State.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin

Think the Wizards are watching the ECF thinking "Oh, so that's what playing defense looks like."?

The Cavs have shut down Boston's offense despite playing horrible defenders Kyrie, Love, DWill, and shambling corpse of Richard Jefferson.  

Brooks and the team should be ashamed of how easily they allowed Boston to score. 

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Brooks and the team should be ashamed of how easily they allowed Boston to score. 

Well Boston shot the lights out from three against us. Not a whole lot you can do to stop a team from scoring when they are banking in threes and hitting 19 in a game.  This is them regressing to the mean from deep and that team can't score when the threes aren't dropping.

Im genrally pretty accurate regarding sports; there remains no doubt in my mind that the Celtics would get demolished by the cavs... 

Wizards would have lost to them as well, but it wouldn't be in such an embarrassing fashion and I really think we would have won 2 games. 

It's too bad that the wizards lost to the celtics, so many opportunities lost in that series and i believe the wizards were the better team. 

DC sports need to figure their **** out; the skins will have to do it first imo and bring the swagger and confidence back. 

6 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

DC sports need to figure their **** out; the skins will have to do it first imo and bring the swagger and confidence back. 

i'm not sure the skins have ever mattered less, at least to me

they have literally killed my passion for football

• Like 7

Watching the replay of the Cavs obliteration of Boston. (The Boston Crab Game?)

Anyway.... We're really not that far behind them man. They're good, but I feel like our team can really match up against them.

What we REALLY need this Off-season is:

Backup PG

A healthy Mahinmi AND another center that can defend a stretch 5. That way we will have two 5s that can defend inside out. (Love you Gortat, but ✌️)

Replace or sign Bogdanovic

Sign Otto. We're going to have to ride with him. He's going to have to be our number three. There's no other option. (Unless the Knicks want to do a sign and trade for Carmelo. But that's literally the only move I can think of)

It just sucks because knowing who's calling the shots, I know this small task is going to be so difficult.

Watching the replay of the Cavs obliteration of Boston. (The Boston Crab Game?)

Anyway.... We're really not that far behind them man. They're good, but I feel like our team can really match up against them.

What we REALLY need this Off-season is:

Backup PG

A healthy Mahinmi AND another center that can defend a stretch 5. That way we will have two 5s that can defend inside out. (Love you Gortat, but ✌️)

Replace or sign Bogdanovic

Sign Otto. We're going to have to ride with him. He's going to have to be our number three. There's no other option. (Unless the Knicks want to do a sign and trade for Carmelo. But that's literally the only move I can think of)

It just sucks because knowing who's calling the shots, I know this small task is going to be so difficult.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Well Boston shot the lights out from three against us. Not a whole lot you can do to stop a team from scoring when they are banking in threes and hitting 19 in a game.  This is them regressing to the mean from deep and that team can't score when the threes aren't dropping.

The ball movement isn't there, it's not just missed shots.  The Cavs defense is giving them no space to operate so instead of a pretty looking system with lots of ball movement it's "failed drive -> desperation pass -> rushed shot"  Against us they looked like you needed an advanced degree to follow all their on and off ball movement. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Destino said:

The ball movement isn't there, it's not just missed shots.  The Cavs defense is giving them no space to operate so instead of a pretty looking system with lots of ball movement it's "failed drive -> desperation pass -> rushed shot"  Against us they looked like you needed an advanced degree to follow all their on and off ball movement. 

I don't know, the Celtics offense still looks similar.  They're getting the off ball movement and back door cuts still.  And they're still getting hustle buckets coming from second chances and winning loose balls and points off steals.  The drive and kick game from Isaiah is still awkward and unnatural looking, but still generating some open shots.  The guy passes the ball with the strength of a child when he leaves his feet and he has a hard time finding the outlet--his floor vision is weak.

I think the big difference is that they can't hit the three ball to come back from these big deficits Cleveland is running up and Cleveland's offense is way better and more efficient than ours.  They keep the pressure on by scoring no matter what, whereas we would go through droughts that gave Boston momentum.   Boston shot 8 for 27 from three last night and 12 for 38 in game one, and it would have been worse if they hadn't made four threes in garbage time.  Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder were scorching hot against us and now they can't buy a three.  Such is life for the Wizards.

I don't think the difference between us and the Cavs is the defense, it's the offense.  Their offense is fantastic.  They have so much more talent and firepower on that side of the court and they play with beautiful cohesion.  And another thing, their role players showed up on the road.  They've been really good so far.

The cavs offense is far better than ours, no question about it, but watching the games between them and Boston they've done a far better job neutralizing Boston's guards than we did.  Boston is scrambling to score and their offense hasn't looked good at all. 

5 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Isaiah Thomas out for the remainder of the playoffs with a hip injury. Of course. 

He wouldn't have made much difference.  At least this way he doesn't have to get embarrassed two more times

• Like 3

With the Cavs and Warriors sweeping all of their opponents, it would be interesting to learn what the rest of the owners are saying behind the scenes regarding lost revenue (minimal games played) and the lack of competitive balance.  Sure, Adam Silver puts on a happy face in public, but I'm sure that everyone else is not too happy.

1 hour ago, Redskins_SF said:

With the Cavs and Warriors sweeping all of their opponents, it would be interesting to learn what the rest of the owners are saying behind the scenes regarding lost revenue (minimal games played) and the lack of competitive balance.  Sure, Adam Silver puts on a happy face in public, but I'm sure that everyone else is not too happy.

But there is really nothing they can do about players taking it upon themselves to create superteams. The Miami Heat with Lebron/Wade/Bosh, KD with the Warriors. These guys aren't interested in beating each other, they want their rings with the least path to resistance. So if that means doing the improbable, not making as much money, and playing with the team that curbstomped them just two months ago, that's exactly what they'll do.