Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

4 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

1. Lebron is not coming to the Wizards.

2. Durant was never coming to the Wizards. I don't even know how that idea got circulated. He wouldn't give his "hometown" team a courtesy meeting. Do you think they were ever remotely on his radar?

3. Teams always try to open up cap space for stars. And then only the Lakers and/or Heat land a star free agent.

KD2DC was never off the table until Ernie put him on the jumbotron in a Wizards jersey last time he played in DC as part of OKC.  He tone went from "neither confirming nor denying" to "F you to high heaven" after that, Wall even talked about it, I'll never forget that.

You are right LeBron is never coming here anyway and you have a point teams try to make cap space all the time anyway, right or wrong.  I just hate that we did that to get KD, its why we're in the position we're in now with Brooks being here and our pathetic frontcourt.  KD2DC was supposed to save our franchise and it damn near destroyed it.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

KD2DC was never off the table until Ernie put him on the jumbotron in a Wizards jersey last time he played in DC as part of OKC.  He tone went from "neither confirming nor denying" to "F you to high heaven" after that, Wall even talked about it, I'll never forget that.

You are right LeBron is never coming here anyway and you have a point teams try to make cap space all the time anyway, right or wrong.  I just hate that we did that to get KD, its why we're in the position we're in now with Brooks being here and our pathetic frontcourt.  KD2DC was supposed to save our franchise and it damn near destroyed it.

The Wizards problem is that it has three players with max contracts and maybe 1.75 players deserving of max contracts.

It's the same mess the Heat are in, though I'm pretty sure Riley wanted to slit his wrists as soon as Whiteside signed his deal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The Wizards problem is that it has three players with max contracts and maybe 1.75 players deserving of max contracts.

It's the same mess the Heat are in, though I'm pretty sure Riley wanted to slit his wrists as soon as Whiteside signed his deal.

Not helping, sure, but not nearly as bad as taking that money we were going to give KD and giving it to Mahinmi and Nicholson instead.  Stuff like that is why we have the 5th highest payroll and barely an 8th seed.  Mediocre franchises hit on lottery picks all the time, but what keeps them mediocre is not building around that pick(s), so either they waste their star or their star leaves.

20 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Not helping, sure, but not nearly as bad as taking that money we were going to give KD and giving it to Mahinmi and Nicholson instead.  Stuff like that is why we have the 5th highest payroll and barely an 8th seed.  Mediocre franchises hit on lottery picks all the time, but what keeps them mediocre is not building around that pick(s), so either they waste their star or their star leaves.

I don't want to drink a beer with you.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Beal is slightly overpaid.  Otto is moderately overpaid.  Wall is currently underpaid.

But those three aren't what killed us.  It's the fact that we only have two other good players and they're both back ups to max contract players.

And that's because Ernie continually fumbles in FA. And to make up for his FA **** ups, he gives up draft picks. And because we don't have draft picks, we rely on FA. 

It's a vicious cycle of suck that just reinforces itself. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

You are a sad, lonely man.

Says the guy trolling a Washington Wizards thread of all places.  Hey, that cloud you've been yelling at jus put money on the Warriors in the WCF, why don't you go hunt it down and argue with it about how precipitation works since your so gd smart : )

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Beal is slightly overpaid.  Otto is moderately overpaid.  Wall is currently underpaid.

But those three aren't what killed us.  It's the fact that we only have two other good players and they're both back ups to max contract players.

Real talk, they are all over paid.   

All star money should equate all star performance.  Otto...not even in the discussion... it would be vastly.  Moderate is  slightly...more than he should be. 

45 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Real talk, they are all over paid.   

All star money should equate all star performance.  Otto...not even in the discussion... it would be vastly.  Moderate is  slightly...more than he should be. 

Actually moderate means moderate.  Wall and Beal made the AS game this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kosher Ham said:

Yet only one of them is worth a max. 

Therefore. Not moderate. 

In your opinion only one of them is worth the max...and that's fine.

As far as I'm concerned, two of the three are worth the max.

Therefore (in my opinion)...moderate.

22 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Otto is not a max player. You said moderately,  key word IS overpaid. 

He should be paid based on performance and he is not a max player. 

And we agree that Beal is slightly overpaid. 

We disagree that Wall is underpaid. He should be the one that is slightly or even paid as is. 

14 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

In your opinion only one of them is worth the max...and that's fine.

As far as I'm concerned, two of the three are worth the max.

Therefore (in my opinion)...moderate.

Not just my opinion. Steve said the same thing about one/two other guys. 

Take your homer glasses off. 

Otto would not get a max deal from any other team is the most likely scenario. 

Beal would get a great deal... restructure type... and be paid accordingly. 

16 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

You should have let the Nets have him. 

Let the Nets take that burden. 

It is one ( if not the only) of the reasons the team has limited cap room. 

Who wants that contract now ? 

Have you looked out our full cap?  Most of us didn't want to give Otto max, ain't no pied piper nonsense going on around here.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

You should have let the Nets have him. 

Let the Nets take that burden. 

It is one ( if not the only) of the reasons the team has limited cap room. 

Who wants that contract now ? 

Nope.

Even if the Wiz had let Otto walk they still wouldn't have had cap space.

See Bird Rule.