Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

41 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

have a hard time calling Wall or Beal Alphas. They might have Alpha talent that shows from time to time. But they are sidekicks. Both of them. 

Reports were that Beal was trying to challenge Wall for title of this being his team back in the day, with Beal finally blinking.  There's always a bigger fish in the ocean, but in this pond, those are the biggest and they don't try to hide it (part of the reason our player only meetings go so bad, you can be right but go about it in a wrong way and it be like you were never right to begin with).  If someone came here that could challenge that, they would challenge back at first, no telling how that would go (why I didn't want LeBron here, think Wall would rather leave then go through that).  This not to defend it, just an observation of what I believe is meant when that comment comes up, and its not the first time it has.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Reports were that Beal was trying to challenge Wall for title of this being his team back in the day, with Beal finally blinking.  There's always a bigger fish in the ocean, but in this pond, those are the biggest and they don't try to hide it (part of the reason our player only meetings go so bad, you can be right but go about it in a wrong way and it be like you were never right to begin with).  If someone came here that could challenge that, they would challenge back at first, no telling how that would go (why I didn't want LeBron here, think Wall would rather leave then go through that).  This not to defend it, just an observation of what I believe is meant when that comment comes up, and its not the first time it has.

I've always thought Beal has the better leadership temperment.

That "someone" who could have come here could have been Jimmy Butler but somehow I think he and Wall would have been an instant bad chemical reaction.

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 1

This was Walls team from the jump and there was nothing Beal could do but destroy the team chemistry to change that. 

He did what was best for the team at the time and let Wall do him and tried to lead from the 2nd spot. Didnt work. 

Managment or coaching should have made that easier. 

15 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

It is OVA. At least there were no guns present. But this was this groups swan song.

That can’t be right, we all know the chemistry issues were just between Wall and Gortat. 

BTW - who has Beal been dealing with for seven years?  Hmmm

3 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I think you need to unload something else with Wall.

I don't have a great idea of what the goal here would be to be honest.

Part of my thinking is changing scenery might be good for everyone involved.

If the scenery here is enough to make trading Wall sound like it'd make sense, Holliday won't stand a chance here.  This place is a black hole right now, we're this close to Beal demanding a trade.

1 minute ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

It's a pretty basic question.

Are you looking to dump everything to bottom out?

Or are you looking to make a big change and try to salvage something here.

Wizards don’t need to dump everything to bottom out.  Trade Wall, limit Beals minutes... and watch the losses pile up.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

BTW - who has Beal been dealing with for seven years?  Hmmm

The wizards. Lol. 

Naw its Wall. Its obvious its Wall. But good managment could have made these players work. The players even tried themselves. A little help from...coaching? Management?? could have made this work. 

2 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

It's a pretty basic question.

Are you looking to dump everything to bottom out?

Or are you looking to make a big change and try to salvage something here.

I'm looking to get rid of Ernie and let the knew guy decide which makes the most amount of since.  This season is unsalvagable if they keep at each other's throats like this, I don't care who they trade for.  And I would NEVER trust Ernie with another rebuild, this is a culture problem first, talent problem second.

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Wizards don’t need to dump everything to bottom out.  Trade Wall, limit Beals minutes... and watch the losses pile up.

Please. And move Ernie and I'm happy to be honest. 

Maybe move Dwight and Otto just for the picks/cap

Just now, Llevron said:

Please. And move Ernie and I'm happy to be honest. 

Maybe move Dwight and Otto just for the picks/cap

Pretty sure you have to trade contracts for equal value, right?  Dwight is a steal, but there's no way to just get out of the money we owe Otto without replacing it with someone else's contract, which won't happen because no one wants to trade for Otto's contract.

The best thing would be for us to get rid of Ernie and replace him with someone that has the balls to get rid of Scott and try to save what we have this year.  Any attempt to blow this thing up midseason without doing those two things first window dressing, its pointless.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Is he? I feel if you get Wall, you have to change your offense to fit his skillset.

Beal is more plug and play. 

I love Beal, but Wall is a lot better than him.  Wall has been consistently underrated and Beal has been consistently overrated throughout their careers, and I think a lot of that skewed perception of their quality has to do with their shoe companies and their personalities.  Beal is steady and serious and likable and Wall is abrasive and wild.  If I were a team with a great young front court player and was taking my pick of Wizards players, I would want Wall.  Beal is more plug and play, but Wall is a huge foundation piece for a high end offense.  Beal can create shots for himself but not for others.  Wall can get your bigs scoring and your wings shooting way above their career averages from deep.  And he can actually defend his position.

One of the dirty little secrets about our lineups is that Beal is a god awful defensive player.  For some reason he gets a pass and all of the other guys draw a lot of criticism for their D.  Beal's the worst defender in our rotation.  He's a loafer with some really bad habits and he is also physically overmatched by a lot of wings and his recovery speed isn't good.  Wall is as strong as a bull and is a devastating defender when he wants to be.  It's a matter of engagement for him.  The perfect situation for him is to play with a strong coach like Budenholzer, Stevens, or Popovich who could hold him accountable on defense and keep him from pressing on offense.  If we're going to trade him, I hope it's to San Antonio or Milwaukee.

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The wizards. Lol. 

Naw its Wall. Its obvious its Wall. But good managment could have made these players work. The players even tried themselves. A little help from...coaching? Management?? could have made this work.  

No offense, but this **** kills me.  It's such the loser Wizards mentality.  Scapegoating Wall for top down organizational failure.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I think you need to unload something else with Wall.

I don't have a great idea of what the goal here would be to be honest.

Part of my thinking is changing scenery might be good for everyone involved. 

Jrue Holiday has three years left on his deal.  That's a bad contract that will be unmovable as soon as he gets hurt again.

If we're dealing Wall, we've to get a short contract in return and draft picks to help the rebuild along.

There is no regrouping after dealing Wall.  It's a decision that plunges us into a full rebuild.  He's the foundation.  If you were to absolutely optimize a roster around Beal and Otto and have them both stay healthy, you'd peak at 45 wins and a 7 seed.  You have to start over instead.