Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

3 hours ago, FrFan said:

Allright, which team is going to win that tournament ?

If anyone finishes above Brazil they’ll have really earned it.

Sidenote: If they can’t find a slot for Bobby Firmino in their starting XI that must be one heck of a squad. 

Double Sidennote: After that opener, Mo Salah against this amateur Saudi defence- Drooling!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

can't wait till this guy is leading our "Fight AND Win" chants in 2026

Oh good God that’s cringe embarrassing. 

I don’r know whether to pity the American ‘soccer’ fan if that’s a ‘fan’ example. Or use it as another reason to fuel my Seattle hatred?

Hail.

7 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Agree and disagree. 

When you have a WC with the likes of Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, and Panama, and without Italy, Dutch, or Americans I think you lose some interest as well. 48 will allow the little fellas without nixing some world powers. A bit diluted yeah, but better in the long run, my opinion. 

It’s the championship of the world! It’ll always be special. Sometimes change is bad, sometimes change is good, sometimes change is change.

Not special at all to me now man. Shrugs. Champions League P all over the WC IMHO. Both in prestige and quality. 

Its RS just a full-in distraction waiting for ‘proper’ football to start and the PL/ CL back.

Personally don’t think it should be any bigger than 24 teams maximum. But money, as with everything, dictates. 

And as happy as I am for you guys, a 3 Country WC is a complete and utter joke. Nearly as bad as UEFA’s absolutely ridiculous zillion Country European Championshiis in 2 years.

Hail.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Brazilian journos still pushing L’pool on this one:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/1007321091352809472

Hail.

Be nice to get that keeper slot settled for the while. Give Klopp and co. time to sort the midfield and backup winger and/or striker. Wouldn’t say no to another CB either.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/premier-league-fixtures-emery-handed-brutal-start-to-arsenal-reign-2222d0h9x

Mourinho being Mourinho. Getting his excuses in early. Don’t mention the fact that L’pool are away before every CL group game with 3 of those at top 6 sides huh along with Chelsea and City bookending MD2? Knobhead.

That third season meltdown is going to be EPIC there.

Hail.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

**** Suarez

watching 8 am at work go Egypt

Whats he gone done now?

And is he looking as laboured as he done the end of last season? Deary me he looked like an arl fella at times for Barcelona. 

Missing out on Greizmann (what a bloody drama queen he is BTW), is a big blow to their much needed rebuild.

Hail.

40 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Missing out on Greizmann (what a bloody drama queen he is BTW), is a big blow to their much needed rebuild.

I don't know about that... Griezmann is an awesome player from what I've seen of Atleti, but Barca still has Dembele who is coming into his own, and Coutinho seems to play better at forward (I've read that Klopp thinks so, anyway). 

Messi is Messi, and he runs so little that he'll probably be able to keep on for several more years, and Paco is supposed to be pretty good.

Suarez has been very inconsistent this year and is clearly slowing down (though he doesn't seem to realize it... he keeps trying to take people off the dribble), but he's pretty good off the bench, I guess. 

A lot of people seem to think that midfield is a much bigger need, especially with Iniesta leaving, so this allows them to redirect their ridiculous resources at that area. A lot of talk about trying to get Arthur in the summer, and maybe Thiago and Erikson.

Might be a blessing in disguise.

5 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Suarez has been shocking all game. 

He's been shocking a lot of the season. He scored a lot of goals, but probably had three times as many chances he wasted.