Sticksboi05

ES Soccer Thread

Recommended Posts

I think this genuinely is the first time in the PL era at L’pool where everyone at the football club, owners, WC manager on down, is geared toward going all out for domestic and European success.

 

For all our dominance the ‘70’s/ ‘80’s, we always knew if that mob down the other end of the East Lancs got it right on and off the pitch it would be game over. They did and then some with a WC manager backed to the hilt after first Edwards floating them and then the Glaziers carrying it on maximising their potential to the financial hilt.

 

Now, finally, we have owners doing the same. And they, just like ourselves fearing them getting it right through resting on our laurels through our success, know we’re every bit as big and if we ever got our house back in order again, are every bit as a threat to return to glory as they were whilst they continue to rest on theirs.

 

Kiev feels like it’s just the beginning. What a time to be a red.

 

Hail.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's a completely different dynamic at the international level, but at the club level imo if you're managing at a club like United (or Liverpool or Chelsea or Madrid) it's your job to deal players with big personalities and get the best out of them. Mourinho's job could justifiably hinge on if he can get the best out of Pogba. It's not rocket science and managers that succeed at big clubs usually know how to deal with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

I know it's a completely different dynamic at the international level, but at the club level imo if you're managing at a club like United (or Liverpool or Chelsea or Madrid) it's your job to deal players with big personalities and get the best out of them. Mourinho's job could justifiably hinge on if he can get the best out of Pogba. It's not rocket science and managers that succeed at big clubs usually know how to deal with it. 

Pogba is ruining his talent/career because he's f-up in his head, only a shrink can fix him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Pogba is ruining his talent/career because he's f-up in his head, only a shrink can fix him.

If Mourinho is who he said he is he needs to find an approach that keeps this type of player happy and productive, that's the business now a days. I've seen bigger psychopaths play for United. Pogba is a kitten compared to Cantona or Roy Keane but great managers know exactly how to placate to these dudes' nonsense enough to keep them relatively in line. Basic skills required to manage a big club. 

Edited by Berggy9598

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/304232-kenny-dalglish-knighthood-announced

 

God I’ve been honestly dreading this day ever coming.

 

Let me preface this by saying I love that man to bits. Not just for what he’s done on the pitch and as the manager of my team. But for the dignity, compassion and self sacrifice he displayed in this City's darkest hour in taking on the grief of all of us. Thriwing his door completely open to anyone that needed it to the point it eventually wore him that down his own health suffered and he had to walk away from the one thing he truly loved in this life outside of his faith and family. And he's continued to show that right to this day. The single greatest person this City's ever known IMHO. He may not strictly speaking be ‘from’ here. But he’s as much a part of the fabric of this great City as myself or anyone else that is. I couldn’t think of anyone better fitting to be called a ‘proper’ Scouser. 

 

And Kenny being Kenny will now do the gracious, honourable thing and accept his Knighthood. Which is why I’ve been dreading this news ever coming given what he means to most every Liverpudlian. Red or blue. 

 

This Knighthood just doesn’t sit right at all .....


He should have one. I can’t think of any living human more deserving. BUT I'd LOVE him to say 'Thanks but NO thanks. Yers can stick it where the sun doesn't shine!' 

 

As Margaret Aspinall and Trevor Hicks should of done with their CBE ‘honour’ IMHO. 

 

Bending down on one knee before the Queen after Her Majesty's Constabulary, Her Majesty's Coroners, Her Majesty's Judiciary et all, all participated in the single worst cover up in British history and many of whom benefited for the Establishment she's the figure head of that protected them ..... F that ____!

 

I appreciate not everyone will share the same view. Particularly when it comes to Kenny being SO deserving of recognition. But NOBODY here should be accepting ANY 'hollow' honours after what they've put this City through the last 29 years IMO. He has the only recognition and adulation he needs and so cherishes already. The one from us. The people of ‘his’ City to whom he’ll always be our King. Not one from the Establishment that’s caused us all SO much pain and suffering. Still. To this very day as I type. 

 

But then that's just my opinion and I'm probably not the best to comment on this without emotion that’s still saw raw nearly 3 decades on. 

 

Sorry.

 

Hail. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, FrFan said:

Pogba is ruining his talent/career because he's f-up in his head, only a shrink can fix him.

 

Pogba is a kitten compared to some of the psychopaths I've seen play for United.

34 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/304232-kenny-dalglish-knighthood-announced

 

God I’ve been honestly dreading this day ever coming.

 

Let me preface this by saying I love that man to bits. Not just for what he’s done on the pitch and as the manager of my team. But for

 

Sorry.

 

Hail. 

Maybe he needs a pep talk from Terrell Owens. 

Edited by Berggy9598
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

 

Pogba is a kitten compared to some of the psychopaths I've seen play for United.

Maybe he needs a pep talk from Terrell Owens. 

Cantona was a wacko, only Guy Roux knew how to tame him. He always managed to deliver on the field, while Pogba is inconsistent, lazy, and just can't stop running his mouth. Eventhough I've never been a fan of Cantona, he was better than Pogba and worth the headaches imo. Don't know about Keane though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Long n Left said:

This transfer business has got me Feking nauseated.

Supposedly Lyon are stalling because it's better for them business wise to sell him in a couple of weeks or something like that. He does have an injury history but I doubt the transfer actually gets cancelled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Long n Left said:

This transfer business has got me Feking nauseated.

Since he tore his ACL a couple of years ago he never been the same, I would pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Supposedly Lyon are stalling because it's better for them business wise to sell him in a couple of weeks or something like that. He does have an injury history but I doubt the transfer actually gets cancelled. 

Lyon now reporting the deal is off. Rumors that Liverpool wanted a reduction in price due to knee issue found in medical.

 

As I said before, as the **** surrounding transfer news and rumors is Feking nauseating.

 

Oh well, if true, on to Pulisic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So World Cup starts next week. I normally love it but my enthusiasm for it is down this year compared to past years. Partly because USA is out, partly because other powerhouses are out(Italy, Netherlands). Partly because its held in corrupt ass Russia.

Edited by Warhead36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Lyon now reporting the deal is off. Rumors that Liverpool wanted a reduction in price due to knee issue found in medical.

 

As I said before, as the **** surrounding transfer news and rumors is Feking nauseating.

 

Oh well, if true, on to Pulisic!

I feel like he was more of a luxury for Liverpool anyway. Use that money for Karius' extension (or a new gk)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

I feel like he was more of a luxury for Liverpool anyway. Use that money for Karius' extension (or a new gk)

Yeah, Oblak and Pulisic would do me just fine, thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna be pissed if we lose the World Cup bid to Morroco, its bad enough England lost it to Russia and Qatar a country of 2M people won over several other qualified countries.

 

Now we're hearing they will use Trump's politics against us but in the end, if we lose the bid its because the FBI took down many corrupt members of FIFA and they are still butthurt.

 

Why do people put up with FIFA, its a joke?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

I'm gonna be pissed if we lose the World Cup bid to Morroco, its bad enough England lost it to Russia and Qatar a country of 2M people won over several other qualified countries.

 

Now we're hearing they will use Trump's politics against us but in the end, if we lose the bid its because the FBI took down many corrupt members of FIFA and they are still butthurt.

 

Why do people put up with FIFA, its a joke?

If it was up to me it would rotate between the U.S and Germany every 4 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the US is too big of a country. Probably works best for fans if they keep it contained to a region. Like the Northeast could host the WC easily and keep driving times to 8 hours max. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

I think the US is too big of a country. Probably works best for fans if they keep it contained to a region. Like the Northeast could host the WC easily and keep driving times to 8 hours max. 

According to a football journalist close to Alphonse, the evil empire told him that he will be the starter at the beginning of the next season whether Gianluigi is signed or not.

5 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Why do people put up with FIFA, its a joke?

londres-royaume-uni-20-juillet-2015-un-h

 

Edit: It seems that Giroud is the odd man out. Deschamps declared today that "he won't play a player because he's the buddy of others".

Translation: Mbappé, Dembélé, Griezmann don't like to play with Giroud. Way to start the WC, arrogance first, team can wait.

Edited by FrFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

 

Should've been a no vote. The way we treat our allies and Trump's threat if there was a No vote; should've resulted in a No vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.