Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Not that the Dutch deserve to go to Russia (man alive is that Nation in a SERIOUS mess. A complete overhaul in the way they go around things to get with today's game methinks), but it brings home again what an absolute disgrace it is to have all these tin-pot Nations 'competing' (term used VERY loosely) with the major Nations. Sweden beat Luxembourg in a laughable 8, leaving the Dutch needing a 7-0 win against Sweden next week to qualify. 

How FIFA can justify using goal difference/ goals scored instead of head-to-heads is beyond me when these ridiculous scores keep happening. It's not as if these Country's are getting any better. They need to be in a group all by themselves. And FIFA's answer? To make the ridiculously sized already WC finals even bigger and take this garbage onto the main stage. 

joke.com

Hail. 

Not sure if this is even credible being as it's the Mirror. And a Sunday at that. But they're running this:

Liverpool owners slap £1BILLION price tag on club as leading financier begins takeover talks - Mirror Online

Plus they placed a £1.3 billion price on the club last year didn't they? Which would surely be considerably more
now. 

Not sure how I'd feel about that. On the one hand, you need the major finances to compete in today's game. On the other, I'd hate to just buy anything that moved like PSG or City. Along with a lot of the Middle Eastern States having appalling human rights issues I want my club to have NO part of. 

We'll see in the coming days if there's anything substantial in it I guess and judge from there.

Hail. 

I thought this was a funny quote from Scotland's manager (Gordon Strachan) after being eliminated from the World Cup.

"Genetically we are behind,'' he said. "In the last campaign we were the second smallest, apart from Spain.

"We had to pick a team to combat the height and strength at set-plays. Genetically we have to work at things, maybe we get big women and men together and see what we can do.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

True story. Kraft nearly bought Liverpool back in 2005. He was sought out when Moores was selling and came real close to buying. Apparently, the lack of a salary cap put him off. Instead, we ended up with the bungling twosome H&G. 

One more reason to hate the Patriots! 

Hail. 

Meant to put this up the other day. This looks like it'll be a MUST watch film for Reds from the man's own mouth: 

Swear down I'd follow that fella' into Hell and back if he asked. What he's done for my City, forget the ridiculous achievements and commitment he's given to LFC the last 40 years and counting, but what the MAN has given of himself for this City when we needed it the most in our darkest hour (that fair broke him lets not forget. Carrying a City on his shoulders through the worst of times) ..... The most important Liverpudlian, who wasn't born a Liverpudlian, this City has ever had. The utmost admiration and debt I feel toward him really can't be adequately expressed in words. 

Real savvy move from the club to be having all the official unveiling and pageantry of renaming the Kemmy in his honour Sat'day. Morning kick-offs are invariably real flat affairs, even L'pool/ Utd games, with everyone half asleep and hung over from the start the weekend the night before. So if the unveiling of the Kenny Dalglish Stand pre-game doesn't have people bouncing 
nottin' will!

Just a shame and to L'pool's detriment it's taken them this long to get around to it.

Hail. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

True story. Kraft nearly bought Liverpool back in 2005. He was sought out when Moores was selling and came real close to buying. Apparently, the lack of a salary cap put him off. Instead, we ended up with the bungling twosome H&G. 

One more reason to hate the Patriots! 

Hail. 

Kraft is a terrible soccer owner though. The New England Revolution are notoriously awful in the MLS.

• Like 1

Some positives and negatives.  Should be up 1-0.  I think Mignolet had a great save and we've defended set pieces well (shocker).

If we have the same performance the second half we will nick one or two and get three points.

Hendo disappointing so far (especially at the death with Phil right there unmarked) and Atkinson better hold his cards the same for us the second half after that Lukaku challenge went unbooked.

• Like 1