Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Happy with the defense and Pickford outside of that flub by Holgate. 5 games into the season for us and only 1 goal given up so far. We will need that defense against Chelsea with 2 days rest. That shouldnt have been a second yellow on Schneiderlin, bad not to have him against Chelsea. Walkers second yellow I can see an arguement against but he looked back and then threw his shoulder into where his head was. I admit I am biased though. :D

• Like 1

And so it starts. Presume that streak of yellow will now clear up quick from your back Phil?

4tsS9nia_bigger.jpgSeleção Brasileira @BrazilStatFollow

More

ESTADÃO:#Coutinho's entourage confirms he never had the will to not play for Liverpool but had to follow his representatives instructions.

11:01 am - 21 Aug 2017

4tsS9nia_bigger.jpgSeleção Brasileira @BrazilStatFollow

More

ESTADÃO:It is Barça that manipulated #Coutinho to threaten Liverpool of never playing again as a tactic to increase the deal's likelihood.

Hail. 

• Like 2

On 21/08/2017 at 5:42 AM, DC9 said:

Whilst it's on my mind and the rumour still won't go away ..... 

..... Every German we mentioned Keita to last week couldn't speak highly enough about him and not only said he was worth every penny, but that L'pool should go back in with more before the deadline before Munich swoop on the cheap next summer. He's apparently that good at both ends of the field. 

Still yet to see him through full games so I can't say personally. Shrugs. But that definitely was a glowing appraisal from German footie fans. 

Figured you'd be happy to know they concur with you being as you've been beating that drum for over a year now. :) .

Hail. 

• Like 1

i'm very frustrated that klopp/fsg haven't been able to close the deal on their major targets.  keeping phil is great, but man, that should just be business as usual in keeping your own best players.  the squad is still thin in quality along the back, especially at CB.  there also a lack of dynamism in the middle when phil and/or lallana are out.  hendo, gini, and can all bring the same methodical play to the table... good to have that in your side, but not to entirely make up your midfield.  we have speed to spare with mane and salah, and i love firminio, but we're lacking that true ruthless, clinical striker/finisher in the suarez mold (granted, he's world class and tough to replicate). i'd rather have someone that'll help the reds offensively than a constantly injured sturridge or ineffectual origi.

FSG needs to stop playing the transfer game in the press.  if it's them that's leaking, it's a massive flaw.  if it's players' reps or selling teams, FSG need to be ruthless ****s, with their emissaries being good-guy pals that other clubs want to do business with .  when negotiations go sideways, as they all do at some point, they then don't have to go scurrying around saving face.  they seem to get it all wrong, end up bidding against themselves for a player that only wants to be in Red, and still failing to deliver the good.  It frankly gives the image of being a mickey mouse operation.

hell, if you aren't going to use him, sell Sakho for $20m (not the $30m you want for someone that is so deep in the dog house that his fleas have fleas) and boost the VVD and Keita offers by $10m each to get **** done.  hell, i'd give southampton their fee plus Sakho to get the VVD deal done.  why not?

sorry.  rant over.  up the reds!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, dchogs said:

hell, if you aren't going to use him, sell Sakho for $20m (not the $30m you want for someone that is so deep in the dog house that his fleas have fleas) and boost the VVD and Keita offers by $10m each to get **** done.  hell, i'd give southampton their fee plus Sakho to get the VVD deal done.  why not?

sorry.  rant over.  up the reds!

No need to apologise man. Everyones frustrated. 

I think we'll start to see things move from Thursday. Get the qualification out of the way tomorrow, then that gives us even more money and the extra incentive for players to play with. Leaving it with 8 days to go the window is far from ideal, but nonetheless, I'll be shocked if there's not a few more incomings yet and offloading of the deadwood for the price we want. 

FWIW, I still have no doubt personally that van Dijk will be here by the end of the month. Hopefully, there's at least one more major name to join him. 

But first things first, let's put Hoffenheim to bed and get back where we belong! 

Hail. 

• Like 2

@FanboyOf91

FWIW mate, Sky/ Solhekal are bouncing off the only apparent 'source' to that which comes from a newspaper (term used VERY loosely) that shall not be named. 

The fact this would come out, whether it's B/S or not, on the eve of a game as big as any we'll play this year hasn't been lost on me as a coincidence from 'them.' 

Hail. 

• Like 1

£101m up front-- in 101 annual payments of £1m.  The last offer was crap- Barca used to getting their way.  'Pool's right to turn it down then and again.  

Honestly, if Phil wanted away, why sign an extension without a buyout 7 months ago.  He knew Barca'd be calling soon. (same can be said for VVD-- I smell agents more worried about their % than their client.)

tough to know what to believe though.  Transfers are like a British soap opera. He signed a massive extension; now wants away for his dream club; but they manipulated him into acting surly; but he wants away again, this time for reals.

lets go redmen!   The spoils of Europe await!

• Like 3

Just woken up and buzzing already for tonight's game. 

Anfield, under the lights, on a big European night. NO place like it. And we won't play a bigger or more important game of football all season with what's at stake later. IMPERATIVE we're in tomorrow tea-times draw on so many levels. Not being is just not an option. 

To all intents and purposes, last weeks fantastic win in Germany should see L'pool as good as qualified already. But these are a real tidy outfit and this won't be an easy game by any stretch of the imagination. We'll have to work our behinds off for everything and any team that's reached this stage, with all that's at stake, deserves our utmost respect. Not least one as good as these who came within a game of finishing 3rd last year in the Bundesliga and automatically qualifying for the groups. 

Just adds that the absolute unadulterated excitement among Hoffenheim fans at both being in Europe for the first time in their 118 year existence, with the perfect bonus of pulling the 5 time European Champions to boot; lead to their 2,700 tickets being sold in no time. So having them in the City this week is brilliant and should add to a bouncing atmosphere. 

Champions League footie. NO competition bigger. 

Up the European Royalty Reds! 

Hail. 

• Like 3

Good luck tonight Redmen!  1-1 will get it done for me but I'll take a 1-0 or 2-0 just do the business.

If you're looking for something to get into while you're waiting, this boy Tagseth for the U-18s is absolutely class.  Stevie is going to have fun with him.  Wearing the 8 as well.  Very tidy and mature player.  Heady and technically sound.  Delightful to watch.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

A few of the more reasonable barca fans i follow predicted the fall was coming, not sure any of of them saw it happening this rapidly

My two cents? They were always a proud club.  A lot like us.  Not well liked in their own country for reasons away from the game, etc... I told many of you that my Spanish teacher in high school was Catalunyan and he taught us Catalan as well as Castillian (typical spanish) but he also explained the differences in the culture.  Being a dude who usually roots for (and now professionally fights for) the underdog, I adopted them as my second team then and there.  Lots of similarities to Liverpool where my grandparents grew up.

Then Ronaldinho chose them in the early 2000s and changes that.  Then Messi.  They Neymar.  Then they... stopped... and you know what?  It was Neymar.  He's always been a spoiled child and he's always been a prima donna.  He was the one who kept Phil out of the Brasilian team for so long, too.  Folks who closely follow the Brasilian futbol politics know exactly what I'm talking about.  But I'm sure Neymar stuck his nose up at Barca signing any intimidating to him young talent and now the cupboard is bare and everyone else is getting old.  And he ****ed them on the way out with this PSG move which is why Barca is acting like a scorned high school cheerleader.

Barca will get it back together, but they're always going to be an up and down club.  They've just happened to enjoy several years of up and that's nothing to be ashamed of.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1