Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1972 Redskins Players Charity Benefit Signing Event - March 6 - Fredericksburg VA

MarkB452

I agree about Petitbon. He would be a great addition. I would love to add him to my helmet.

...he will be there! Super Ticket prices announced, photos for $5 each, and Richie Petibon added to the list:

http://www.leaderinsports.com/Public_Signings.html

WFLS Radio, The Card Cellar @ LeaderInSports.com are proud to present a reunion of the 1972 Washington Redskins with all proceeds benefiting the Children's Miracle Network. The event is 3/6/10 (time TBA) and will be conducted at the Spotsylvania Towne Center in Fredericksburg, VA. To purchase advance tickets, call The Card Cellar @ 540-891-9549 (Monday - Saturday from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.)

*SUPER TICKET advance purchase: $215, *SUPER TICKET at the event: $240

*Please note the Super Ticket pricing is good for one autograph on each player attending the event. If you purchase an advance ticket now, and we add a player to the event, you will get that additional player at no extra cost. If we do add an additional player, we will raise the cost of the Super Ticket for customers who purchase after that time. Please note that if a player cancels from this event, no credit will be given as long as the purchase of the Super Ticket is still lower than the purchase of the individual tickets. Remember, all of the funds raised go directly to the Children's Miracle Network.

We have received many emails and phone calls about photos for this event. We will have a color team photo along with individual photos available for purchase on many of the players. The photos will be $5 each and can be purchased at the event or by calling The Card Cellar.

Our line up currently includes the starting Quarterback, Offensive Line and all of the living Defensive Line from Super Bowl VII. Scheduled to appear:

Billy Kilmer: $30

Len Hauss: $15

Mike Bass: $15

Rusty Tillman: $15

Roy Jefferson: $15

Pat Fischer: $15

Ron McDole: $15

Bill Brundige: $15

Walt Rock: $15

Mike Bragg: $15

Terry Hermeling: $15

Diron Talbert: $15

Jim Snowden: $15

John Wilbur: $15

Paul Laaveg: $15

NEWEST ADDITION:

Richie Petitbon: $15

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/washington-redskins/roster/1972

Jim Snowden wasn't on the 72 roster. May have been on IR.Says his last year was 1971. In any event this is a cool event!

http://redskins.bridgelinesw.net/gen/articles/All_Time_Roster_1389.jsp#s

Snowden, Jim, T, Notre Dame (1965-72)

The Redskins website says he was here through the 72 season:point2sky

He is also in the black and white team photo I have from that year.

More additions including Richie Petitbon, oh dear there goes my life savings:(

At least it goes to a good cause.

Did you see they also added Ted Vactor

Here is the email I just got:

Advance tickets are now on sale for the 1972 Redskins Reunion. The event is March 6th, 2010 (time TBA) @ Spotslvania Towne Center in Fredericksburg, VA. Super Tickets are $215 in advance & $240 at the door. Price of the Super Ticket is subject to change if more players are added to the event. For details of the tickets and updates to the event visit: www.LeaderInSports.com/Public_Signings.html. This event is sponsored by WFLS radio, The Card Cellar & LeaderInSports.com. All proceeds from this event will go directly to the Children's Miracle Network. To purchase advance tickets, call The Card Cellar at 540-891-9549 Monday - Saturday from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.

Scheduled to appear & individual ticket prices:

Billy Kilmer: $30

Len Hauss: $15

Mike Bass: $15

Rusty Tillman: $15

Roy Jefferson: $15

Pat Fischer: $15

Ron McDole: $15

Bill Brundige: $15

Walt Rock: $15

Mike Bragg: $15

Terry Hermeling: $15

Diron Talbert: $15

Jim Snowden: $15

John Wilbur: $15

Paul Laaveg: $15

Richie Petitbon: $15

Ted Vactor: $15

On Saturday, April 10th, 2010 (time TBA)

Donnie Warren - 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Washington Redskin will be appearing @ The Card Cellar in Fredericksburg, VA. Tickets for this event are $20 and can be purchased by calling The Card Cellar @ 540-891-9549.

Did you see the part on the website where they only take credit cards on advance orders and not at the reunion? That is going to hurt their bottom line.

Advance purchase of tickets is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. There will be a Will Call window that will shorten your wait time to get your tickets. Additionally, at this time we have not worked out having a credit card machine at the event. If you want to pay with credit card, advance purchase is recommended.

They still COULD get this.....not sure what hurdles they would need to clear though.

I plan on going to winter fest getting Charley Taylor 10 bucks not bad.Then slide over

to the 72 reunion.Then wait till the 3/28/10 go to CSA get Larry Brown$30

So thats 19 players =255 +75 for the replica helmet=$330 thats a deal

Now I want Sonny on it in it will be priceless.Anybody have any idea whtat time it starts?

I plan on going to winter fest getting Charley Taylor 10 bucks not bad.Then slide over

Now I want Sonny on it in it will be priceless.Anybody have any idea whtat time it starts?

Where is this winter fest going to be and is it close to charity signing?

I just called Leader In Sports and they said they are not sure on time. Their plan was to have their event early in the day so that people could go to the Caroline event afterward.

I got a ball from my Uncle when I was a kid that has about 25 signatures from the 72 Skins. I was 8 years old. Now I am 45 and I can finally get the one missing signature for my favorite childhood player - Larry Brown.

I was walking home from school in 1973, and on the way I passed Ralph Brown Buick in Bethesda. Larry Brown was inside doing an appearance. All I had with me was a basketball. He signed it anyway, for no charge. They didn't charge for autographs back then. Wish I still had it.

I remember getting Jerry Smith's autograph at a Toys-R-US in Richmond in 1971(?). They had run out of pics and he signed one of the Toys-R-US slips you got one you bought something that they did not stock on the floor (IE Pick Tickets). I have no idea what happened to that. Ken Houson appeared at our school in Richmond the same season in which he made that tackle on Walt Garrison. I had gone to bed and missed the tackle. When he came to our school, all the adults raved about how that was the best play they ever saw. I got his autograph and of course, lost it. I blame my mother for both of these losses.

This event is for charity, so I don't mind paying a few bucks. :) ...though I think I am going to have to limit my spending to $90-$105. :(

I remember getting Jerry Smith's autograph at a Toys-R-US in Richmond in 1971(?). They had run out of pics and he signed one of the Toys-R-US slips you got one you bought something that they did not stock on the floor (IE Pick Tickets). I have no idea what happened to that. Ken Houson appeared at our school in Richmond the same season in which he made that tackle on Walt Garrison. I had gone to bed and missed the tackle. When he came to our school, all the adults raved about how that was the best play they ever saw. I got his autograph and of course, lost it. I blame my mother for both of these losses.

This event is for charity, so I don't mind paying a few bucks. :) ...though I think I am going to have to limit my spending to $90-$105. :(

Who are you going to limit it to? I am thinking about one of the team pictures and getting everyone to sign it.

I'm glad you asked as I am looking for advice.

I have a football that I am trying to get as many of the 70 Greatest Redskins to sign as possible (within reasonable cost). This ball already has Bragg, Brundidge, Fischer, McDole, and Nelms (from 1982 team). At some point, I will probably have to start another ball. I have an Art Monk signed ball from when he appeared at a Circuit City in

Ricmond the Dec before he got in the HOF. He was signing full-sized Redskins footballs for $25 (the balls go for more than that at the Redskins stores). Anyways, that might be the 2nd ball (except Monk signed his sig really big).

From what I can see, these players from the 70 greatest team will be there:

Bass, Bragg, Brundidge, Fischer, Hauss, Kilmer, McDole, Talbert, and Tillman.

I also have the posters from the redskins card museum (see post #1) of the 72 team. I already have signed copies from Bragg, Fischer, and McDole for those too (...btw, I did go through the line 2x at the TGC to get those!!)

I read somewhere that Tillman rarely does these events, so I know I want him to sign the ball...not sure what to do about the rest. I could easily drop $230 or so to get all the sigs to get the ball signed and the posters. Kilmer @ $30 a pop means I won't get more than 1 of his if I get any at all.

Any advice? Are there any guys from the 70 greatest team who rarely do these events?

Outside of Kilmer, who is the biggest name here? I'm thinking Diron Talbert...

Talbert and Hauss were in Fredericksburg at the Card Cellar a couple of years ago. They haven't done anything else since. Of course, Rusty Tillman never does anything.

Kilmer at $30 is a little cheaper than at Chantilly, but not that much. You can always get him somewhere else for around $35.

If I had limited funds, I would stick with the 72 team guys that rarely if ever do anything. Len Hauss, Diron Talbert, Rusty Tillman, John Wilbur, Paul Laaveg, Mike Bass, Terry Hermeling, Jim Snowden, Ted Vactor and of course Ritchie Petitbone would be fit with that.

Add Mack Alston..... well, sort of:

Since he is unable to make the event in March - Mack Alston will be appearing @ The Card Cellar in Fredericksburg, VA on Saturday, May 15th. Autograph tickets will be $15 each, with all proceeds going to the Fredericksburg Area Boys & Girls Club. Advance tickets can be purchased by calling The Card Cellar at 540-891-9549.

Based on my limited funds, this is my plan (thanks to all who chimed in):

Bass (2 - 70 Greatest Ball and Comic pic), Hauss (2 - Ball and Comic pic), Talbert (2 - Ball and comic pic), and Tillman (1- Ball).

7 sigs - $105...might venture down to the one in Carolyn County on Sunday and get Pardee on a comic pic as well.

Might add Lavaag and Wilbur as comic pics......

If you are wondering what the comic pics look like, check them out here:

http://www.redskinscardmuseum.com/featuredexhibit.html

So far, I have signed ones for Jefferson, Bragg, McDole, and Fischer.

Archived