• Blog Entries

• By JimmiJo in ES Coverage

And we are back!

Hello boys and girls, welcome to another year of Washington Redskins football, home-team style.

My name is JimmiJo and I am joined by my shuttered compatriot, Spaceman Spiff. Together we bring you the sights and sounds of Redskins preseason football. Tonight represents the first home installment for Washington. I will be looking for fan enthusiasm, tho it is difficult to gauge interest-level from the preseason. These are the games that the season ticket holders give to their siblings and coworkers.

Tonight may be different as we expect Alex Smith to play. The pundits keep telling me he is Kirk Cousins only better. That will be awesome if so. 

We are quickly filling the list with season-ending injuries, with Washington losing three projected contributors in the first week of preseason. This wince-producing stat is made worse when we consider the projected contributions of Derrius Guice, now lost for the year.

All he was brought here to do was resurrect the Redskins' rushing game. 

This for me is the biggest area of concern for me. The running game has got to get better for this team to have any reason success this year.

Stand by for Inactives...

An hour later I remember they don't do inactives in the preseason. Hey, it's preseason for us too!

Not much to report. Very sparse crowd so far. But given it is a work-night and rush hour is just wrapping up on the beltway I am not surprised we are not overflowing with people yet.

The Redskins appear to be wearing burgundy tops and mustard bottoms, for those keeping score at home. The Jets meanwhile, are sporting white tops and green bottoms.

So far just the kickers and long snappers are warming up from both teams. 

The hot, sunny day is giving way to a warm, breezy evening. Should be fairly pleasant viewing conditions for those coming out.

Kickoff

It is about that time. Follow along in-game on Twitter @Skinscast

Half

Alex Smith looked sharp, going 4-6 for 48-yards and a 91 passer-rating. 

But that's not the story of this game.

The story is the injuries that continue to mount to running backs. Samaje Perine had an impressive 30-yard run. Then limped off to be evaluated for an ankle sprain. Next was Byron Marshall.  A lower leg injury they say.

The Redskins are suffering the worst run of injuries this early maybe ever. 

JimmiJo

I am not sure how much we learned tonight. I take that back.

Kevin Hogan, whom I had taken to calling ‘Nogan,’ somehow produced a lovely comeback victory with no time to spare. Way to send them home happy.

Beyond the excitement at the end I am not sure we learned much.

Alex Smith is exactly who we thought he was. Smith went 4-for-6 for 48-yards and a passer rating of 91. There was some excitement on his first call from scrimmage, when Smith play actioned the handoff and kept the ball on a bootleg, he turned to setup to hit Paul Richardson and instead received a face-full of Jets’ linebacker Jordan Jenkins. Smith completed the pass to Richardson and Jenkins was handed a 15- roughing call.

The offense are exactly who we thought they are. Feckless in the redzone; unable to produce anything but field goals. Even when the stars did align, with Colt McCoy connecting Cam Sims, area spectacular touchdown catch; cruel fate intervened with a chickenscratch procedure call.

The injuries are exactly what we feared they could be. Why is it every running back who goes for 30-yards on a single play comes up limping? Samaje Perine ran for 30-yards on his one carry on the night.

The next time he was seen was on the way to the locker room to have an ankle looked at.

Then there was Byron Marshall. He barely got into the game before coming out with a leg injury.

After the first few drives Washington did very little offensively until they had to at the very end.

And as little as this preseason game meant, it was nice to see the valiant stop at the goal line. It was even nicer to see Mr. Hogan lead the team down the field and to victory.

Oh yea, we learned one more thing - Dustin Hopkins can kick field goals.

Hail!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark The Homer

Guidelines For This Forum

Please Do Not Hijack Upstanding Advertisements
Some of you may happen to be aware of a great ticket deal available elsewhere. That's great! But please do not use that knowledge to corrupt a fellow member's advertisement. If you'd like to share your knowledge with the membership, start an independent thread of your own. While it has been the long-standing opinion among most of the membership that a seller should not use the free advertising this forum offers to profit at the expense of his fellow member, sellers are not obligated to provide the best ticket deal on the planet. It is unreasonable and inappropriate for a member to post info in another member's ad which may steer buyers away from the item offered.

Do Not "Flip" Items Purchased Here
Members frequently are willing to sell on this forum for a price less than they might get elsewhere because they assume the item is going to be used by a fellow ExtremeSkins member and Redskins fan. Do not buy from this forum with the intention of listing or selling the item elsewhere for the purpose of profit.

Please Respect Your Fellow Members
As a seller, please post accurate ticket ads and include game, # tickets, section, row, and price. If your tickets are for seats in the Partial View Area, please indicate the phrase printed on the tickets (Obstructed View Bleachers, Limited View Terrace, or Full View Terrace). Please try to post "friend prices" as we all try to regard each other on this site as friends, and using the free advertising that this forum offers to profit at your fellow member's expense is greatly frowned upon by the membership. The consensus is, the true cost (or cost to a season ticket holder) of a regular season game ticket, in general, is about 10%-20% more than the face value as printed on the ticket - due to the low value of pre-season tickets. If you post a ticket ad at a price that is above-market, your ad may be closed. Here is a stadium map. Here is a page where you can view the field from your seat.  As a buyer, your agreement to buy is an obligation, so please close the deal promptly by sending your payment as soon as possible. Be advised, you are buying and selling at your own risk, so take appropriate precautions. The Feedback thread stickied in this forum may be helpful.

Thank-you.

ExtremeSkins Staff

ESHEAD9_Sjpg.jpg

Just curious, is this section JUST for redskins merchandise? Trying to something not Skins related, but wanted to check before I posted. Thanks.

Rob

Please Do Not Hijack Upstanding Advertisements

Some of you may happen to be aware of a great ticket deal available elsewhere. That's great! But please do not use that knowledge to corrupt a fellow member's advertisement. If you'd like to share your knowledge with the membership, start an independent thread of your own. While it has been the long-standing opinion among most of the membership that a seller should not use the free advertising this forum offers to profit at the expense of his fellow member, sellers are not obligated to provide the best ticket deal on the planet. It is unreasonable and inappropriate for a member to post info in another member's ad which may steer buyers away from the item offered.

Hey MARK, why don't you listen to your own advice!

Hi Mark, any chance we could implement some thread title standards for the Classifieds? Among other things, it's getting pretty hard to tell whether people are trying to buy or sell without reading the post. Thanks for considering the suggestion.

MTH - I believe there is a rule against selling tickets for over 20% of face value on this site, but I don't see it posted here. I am basing this assumption on this information contained in your thread about tickets on the aftermarket:

The ExtremeSkins Classifieds Forum

Since one of the benefits of membership of this board is use of the site’s free Classified’s Forum, selling tickets to fellow members at greatly inflated prices is frowned upon by the membership. However, tickets offered at face value and even up to 20% over face value are accepted and are common. Sellers can afford to sell for less on this site because they have no selling costs, compared to other sites such as eBay and Stubhub. The really good deals such as lower level tickets at face or division games at face are snatched up quickly, so check often!

Mark,

While I am not the great MTH, I have seen this question asked several times before. The usual answer is that it's FROWNED upon but not against the rules. An ad for tix over the 20% will not be removed by the mods but pretty much everyone on here will chastise the seller. Hope this helps.