Toe Jam

Random "Thot" Thread (Stadium Edition)

The Tweak has to GO.

Not knowing to jump on a free ball is unforgivable given the overall stench of the entire special teams performance this season. 

No excuse for it, Special Teams plays like they're an afterthought. They don't know what they['re doing because the coach either can't teach them or he doesn't know what he's doing himself./

there is absolutely NO reasonb to not know the rulebook. NONE. NONE. NONE.

the average fan literally knows the rules better than more people on our coaching staff than i care to consider.

Inexcusable. Start packin' that box, Ben and be ready to vacate right after the New year.

~Bang

3 hours ago, Bang said:

Start packin' that box, Ben and be ready to vacate right after the New year.

~Bang

Who's on your shortlist for ST Coach?

Right now in this moment I can recommend Scott O'Brien from the Patriots, who's an areas scout currently.  

3 hours ago, Bang said:

The Tweak has to GO.

Not knowing to jump on a free ball is unforgivable given the overall stench of the entire special teams performance this season. 

No excuse for it, Special Teams plays like they're an afterthought. They don't know what they['re doing because the coach either can't teach them or he doesn't know what he's doing himself./

there is absolutely NO reasonb to not know the rulebook. NONE. NONE. NONE.

the average fan literally knows the rules better than more people on our coaching staff than i care to consider.

Inexcusable. Start packin' that box, Ben and be ready to vacate right after the New year.

~Bang

I'm sorry Bang but I gotta call you out as being wrong on something.

The comma should go AFTER Ben, not before...:silly:

Its a damn shame to watch these guys out there, and it's a wonder why more teams haven't ran back punts or kick-offs, or bothered to on-side kick more during a game. The guys appear to just go through the motions, and watching Niles Paul [ I think ] just watching the ball bounce in front of him and was recovered by the Cards. There's no excuse for that; that's why these players are ON special teams, because they are special, and need special help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bang said:

The Tweak has to GO.

~Bang

Here's another thought, the ST coach could also be the HC. 

Apparently last year Indy was very seriously considering hiring Dave Toub as their head coach. Can't think of a more respected ST coach in the NFL than Toub, tbh. What's more, the groundswell for plundering Reid assistants is likely bolstered higher after the success of Pederson. Baltimore Harbaugh being the template. 

Things said of Toub:

Many of his players over the years have said Toub should be leading an entire team, not merely one unit. He's a leader of men. He commands respect. He gets the best out of players. He is arguably the best coach on Reid's esteemed staff in Kansas City, and Reid has been nothing but a developer of NFL.

And Toub is one of his best, yet the fact that he coaches special teams works against him. That still remains true in spite of Hall of Famers like George Allen and Marv Levy were coaches who came through the special teams pipeline, not to mention Bobby Ross or Baltimore's John Harbaugh, another one of Reid's disciples.

"He's a combination of Harbaugh and John Madden," one of Toub's former colleagues said. "He is the real deal. This guy can coach. Period. He's a big guy, physically, who can take over a room when he has to. He gets people to buy in. These guys love playing for him. He comes from a great [coaching] family tree. Look at Andy Reid's assistants over the years. This guy is ready. All he needs is a chance."

That, of course, means Gruden is fired. 

cont:

A personnel exec who used to work with Toub, 54, said: "If Dave Toub can't get a job in this league, then I give up. Talk to other coaches in the league. They know who is for real and who is horse**** or the flavor of the month. This guy can coach a football team. He'd be the first guy I'd talk to, and it isn't even really close."

Change the fumble into the endzone and out of bounds rule.

Instead of a turnover/touchback, make it an illegal forward pass penalty. Loss of down and 10 yards.

Great googely moogely did I take a lot of pics of that game.  Finally able to go through them after a slightly epic trip back to Nevada. 

Sample image. 

Rdskinssamplepic-1.jpg

• Like 6

On 12/17/2017 at 10:06 PM, dyst said:

Sean McVay...FML

As Bram Weinstein said, we let Bill Walsh walk out of the building.

It's too early to tell, he took over a talented team that has had a moron as a coach for the last few years.  

But he appears to "get it." Game plan, attention to detail, motivation, etc.  He seems to get it.  

Pretty amazing the Packers haven’t had Rodgers for 8 games and still have a better record than the Skins. 

I know it's been a rule in football for, like, forever but why are safeties only 2 points? With the way the game is played now, they're so rare and they can be so devastating to a team's morale that you'd think they'd be worth more. 5 points, maybe? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thebluefood said:

I know it's been a rule in football for, like, forever but why are safeties only 2 points? With the way the game is played now, they're so rare and they can be so devastating to a team's morale that you'd think they'd be worth more. 5 points, maybe? 

Despite being of relatively low point value, safeties can have a significant impact on the result of games,[2] and Brian Burke of Advanced NFL Stats estimated that safeties have a greater abstract value than field goals, despite being worth a point less, due to the field position and reclaimed possession gained off the safety kick

It comes from the beginnings of football when a team which possessed the ball near its own goal line could down it in the end zone and have the ball placed at the 25 yard line.
In 1876, Princeton, Yale, Columbia, and Harvard met to further unify the rulesets (Harvard had not attended the previous meeting due to their commitment to a running/Rugby style of game). The outcome was 61 rules. Here is how they related to scoring: 
In these rules, the safety was not explicitly stated but it was called a touch-in-goal. A team that has touched down the ball in their own goal were to immediately kick it away. These did not count against the team.
In 1882, safeties became part of the scoring, and the tie-break advantage switched from kicks to touchdowns:

Four touchdowns takes precedence over a goal from the field (which is worth four touchdowns)
Two safeties equals one touchdown
This was all part of an overall strategy to increase the pace of the game and eliminate stalling that occurred under the previous rules. Downs were also added at this time.

In early 1883, scores were first attached to the various ways of scoring:

Safety: 1 point
Touchdown: 2 points
Goal after touchdown: 4 points
Goal from the field: 5 points
Later in 1883, scores were further amended:

Safety: 2 points
Touchdown: 4 points
Goal after touchdown: 4 points
In 1887, scores became:

Safety: 2 points
Touchdown: 5 points
Goal after touchdown: 1 point
In 1904 and 1909, the goal from the field was reduced to 4, and then 3 points.

In 1912, touchdowns became worth 6 points.

It comes from the beginnings of football when a team which possessed the ball near its own goal line could down it in the end zone and have the ball placed at the 25 yard line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/26/2017 at 10:42 PM, thebluefood said:

Yeah, next thing we know you'll be suggesting the single (rouge) from the CFL. Take off you hoser! :)

• Haha 1