Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skin1106

ST item on Ebay: Warning

19 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

I ran into this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230229231682&indexURL=0#ebayphotohosting

I have to admit that i am very dissapointed with the fact that someone would want to profit $1,000+

off an item that only cost $5.99 at burger king!!!

I am upset and it really frustrates me that greedy people try to make money of a loss of someone!

I know i can't control what people buy, but i hope that we are cautious of greedy losers like this seller!

RIP SEAN!

Inflation must be a biatch.......Check this out from ebay for this guy

smoothe transaction jtlucas1 ( 102) Jan-14-08 20:30

Sean Taylor 75th Anniversary Medallion Redskins (New) (#230208492445) US $50.00 View Item

thanks great product, great seller, R.I.P sean asherrzz06 ( 12) Jan-10-08 16:31

Sean Taylor 75th Anniversary Medallion Redskins (New) (#230208492445) US $50.00 View Item

Thanks!!!!!!! Great Item!!!!!!!! dcarrion73 ( 229) Jan-08-08 07:32

Sean Taylor 75th Anniversary Medallion Redskins (New) (#230201458447) US $25.00 View Item

Great product, very very fast shipping. AAA+++ tosell777 ( 220) Jan-06-08 11:24

Sean Taylor 75th Anniversary Medallion Redskins (New) (#230201458447) US $25.00 View Item

Great Ebayer A++ shrshot ( 196) Dec-14-07 07:57

Sean Taylor 75th Anniversary Medallion Redskins (New) (#230197037647) US $25.00 View Item

I meant to put this on here a few days ago, I asked him if he listed it incorrectly, his reply "no, that is the correct price" the cost of listing it is more than medallion itself.

that seller will get his someday - any true ST fan will not purchase from such a capitalist a'hole

He paid $110 to put that a $6 item on there (10% listing price if I'm not mistaken)?

What an *******.

Damn, why did he have to be a Marine, he should know better than that.

could just be a wannabe....

UPDATE:

got a response to my email...

Dear lyon514,

Thank you very much for your comments. They are appreciated. I am not the

first to do this and I will definately not be the last.

-cmptrjnky

he's not taking advantage of greaving taylor fans, he's taking advantage of idiots.

the way i look at it is if you are stupid enough to buy this thing at that price you deserve what you get

i bought a couple sets of these, plan on framing a set, giving some away for holiday gifts, etc. This is just crazy, do they still sell these at BK?

That's why I despise E Bay. It's ruined the true collector. You wonder why guys like D Green and Riggo are so against singing autographs it's because they are afraid people will make profit on it. Real disgrace:mad:

People like me get stuff signed for personel pleasure

Did anybody contact eBay itself about this seller and item? I guess they probably can't do anything about it because it is a person's right to make money off idiots, but wouldn't there be something about false representation of items or something?

I really don't see how this should be a 'warning.' Yes we do have some stupid people on this forum, but I don't think they're that stupid.

Did anybody contact eBay itself about this seller and item? I guess they probably can't do anything about it because it is a person's right to make money off idiots, but wouldn't there be something about false representation of items or something?

How is he misrepresenting the item, thouhg?

I agree that the price is ridiculous, but nobody is going to buy it (and he isn't doing anything wrong). If you check his completed items, he listed one for $1000 that nobody bought. So, what did he do? Raise the price! Naturally!