Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsciambi

Devin Hester

34 posts in this topic

I figured last season would be an aberration. A single player can't be consistently that good at something like kick returns.

But Hester just ran for his 9th! career kick return in not even two seasons. Could he end up being a HoF special teams player? Assuming he continues to be a threat for even just 2-3 more seasons on returns, I think he could possibly be the best kick returner in NFL history.

The guy truly is amazing. I've already seen several games where kickers won't even kick NEAR him because they're afraid. Just that alone makes him such a game changer.

A few weeks ago I was thinking that I hoped the Skins would man up when they played the Bears and not be afraid to kick to Hester.

Right now, I'm not so sure.

If there is one rule above all others that one must abide by in the NFL it is this:

DO NOT KICK TO HESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's unbelievable. Granted he's running back punts and kicks against special teamers, but he's taking them to the house with regularity.

uh oh, denver scored...now they have to kick off to hester...

Go Broncos, Go Niners!

Go Banana!

And kick it out of bounds...or something....damn.

Prime example of how he changes a game (besides putting up two TD's all by himself). They squib kick and get the ball at around the 50, just to avoid Hester. That's just insane!

Prime example of how he changes a game (besides putting up two TD's all by himself). They squib kick and get the ball at around the 50, just to avoid Hester. That's just insane!

no kidding! what's worse? kicking deep to hester or giving up field position /kicking it out of bounds? I'd say, given the bears offense and their inability to score, kicking it to hester is worse.....

In other news, Adam Archuleta is still terrible.

Like hilariously so.

In other news, Adam Archuleta is still terrible.

Like hilariously so.

haha! i know! the announcer keeps saying things like "archuleta just fell down" and "archuleta just got burned again" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Urlacher was charged with a personal foul when the Broncos scored last, 15 yards. They still squibbed the kickoff, not trusting Elam to kick it thru the endzone. :laugh:

Gamecenter says he lost a fumble, so I guess he is human.
which was stupid on his part cuz the ball was bouncing and he extended out to try to grab it and slapped it into the ground. then the ball bounced the other way and denver recovered. on his next two punt returns he averaged 3.0 yards. then broke off the first return.

flipped to the game when they had up the 3.0 ypr stat and was like 'im not changing back til after this play, not with him back there' then he takes it to the house.

I don't understand all the venom for former skins players? I'm stuggling to think of a former Eagles I have such venom for. TO or anyone.

I don't understand all the venom for former skins players? I'm stuggling to think of a former Eagles I have such venom for. TO or anyone.

I don't have venom for all former players, only certain jerks.

Chump being one of them.

I still love LaVar.

I have no problem with Antonio Pierce, Ryan Clark, Adam Archuletta etc

If you don't hold grudges, good for you. I'm striving to be that way, but I still fail when it comes to a handful of players/coaches.

One of the simple joys in life is to watch the Denver Broncos (from Mike Shanahan on down) lose is such a painful way.

Nice choke Broncos. To Sexy Rexy no less.

The Bears scored 24 points thanks to their Defense and Special Teams. Denver essentially gave the game away. I guess the Broncos know how the Skins feel now. :shot:

A few weeks ago I was thinking that I hoped the Skins would man up when they played the Bears and not be afraid to kick to Hester.

Right now, I'm not so sure.

Who cares. We suck. He can return 4 for all I care anymore.

I hope the Giants don't plan on kicking the ball to this guy at all next week. And no long FG's that could come up short either. :doh: