Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fastest man in the NFL?

HeathShuler

Hester looks like it, Pacman Jones is supposed to be one of the fastest, Terry Glenn, Santana/Sinorice Moss, DeAngelo Hall, Donte Stallworth, etc.

You would have to assemble those players and have a race or something, I dont know who won the ones at the pro bowl the last few years.

Google works pretty well:

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/article.jsp?id=10834

For the second straight season, the Falcons can boast of having the "NFL's Fastest Man" on their roster.

Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall, making his first trip to Hawaii, bested three other speedsters in an exciting 40-yard-dash final.

Last season, Falcons KR/PR Allen Rossum ran away with the honor.

The 2006 competition featured eight NFL players known for their speed, with two preliminary heats of four runners per heat. The top two finishers from each heat advanced to the final round.

In his second of the first two heats, Hall and Jerome Mathis advanced, edging out Giants Pro Bowl special teamer David Tyree. In the first heat, Colts S Bob Sanders and Texans WR/KR Jerome Mathis finished ahead of Chargers CB/ST Hank Milligan and Bills P Brian Moorman.

The event final featured Hall versus three of the NFL's other premiere speed merchants: Smith, Mathis and Sanders.

Sprinting out of the gates to an early lead in the 40-yard sprint to the finish, Hall edged out Mathis by mere inches, laying claim the title of NFL's Fastest Man. In an odd twist, Hall and Mathis competed in high school track and field in their native Virginia.

Google works pretty well:

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/article.jsp?id=10834

For the second straight season, the Falcons can boast of having the "NFL's Fastest Man" on their roster.

Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall, making his first trip to Hawaii, bested three other speedsters in an exciting 40-yard-dash final.

Last season, Falcons KR/PR Allen Rossum ran away with the honor.

The 2006 competition featured eight NFL players known for their speed, with two preliminary heats of four runners per heat. The top two finishers from each heat advanced to the final round.

In his second of the first two heats, Hall and Jerome Mathis advanced, edging out Giants Pro Bowl special teamer David Tyree. In the first heat, Colts S Bob Sanders and Texans WR/KR Jerome Mathis finished ahead of Chargers CB/ST Hank Milligan and Bills P Brian Moorman.

The event final featured Hall versus three of the NFL's other premiere speed merchants: Smith, Mathis and Sanders.

Sprinting out of the gates to an early lead in the 40-yard sprint to the finish, Hall edged out Mathis by mere inches, laying claim the title of NFL's Fastest Man. In an odd twist, Hall and Mathis competed in high school track and field in their native Virginia.[/Quote]

Dude, you're my hero.

Now, can you find me who the slowest man in the NFL is? :D

I am indeed Heath Shuler and I'm here to save the Redskins franchise..

Yeaa just kidding, I don't think anybody would actually admit to being Heath, even the man himself.

You mean Congressman Heath Shuler of the 11th district of North Carolina? I think you'll find him in DC now.

The problem with the NFL's Fastest Man competition is they only run a 30 yard dash and it doesn't include all of the players.

I'll personally take trained track runners over DeAngelo Hall every day of the week in a 100 meter dash (a true measure of speed). So give me guys like Santana Moss, Terence Newman, Jacques Reeves, Randall Williams, and I'd put money they'd blow away Hall in the 100 meters.

YAKUZA

what about reggie bush? Hes a "fast mofo"

Odds are a starting CB or WR, trained in track, is the "fastest player"

Its a shame that title isn't as big as it used to be. I remember boasting that DG was the fastest man all the time.

Well back when DG was the fastest man, it meant something. DG could fly and was an elite player.

Now a days, we have these people who run like the wind but can't even tie up their own football cleats.

My Coach Herman Boone ref. of the day. :D

Archived