On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Mar. 18, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fans unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m/7:30 a.m. daily)

• DATE: December 3, 2013
    • TIME:  5:30 PM 

• Wed., Mar. 19, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fans unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m/7:30 a.m. daily)

• Thu., Mar. 20, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Fri., Mar. 21, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., Mar. 24, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Tue., Mar. 25, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Wed., Mar. 26, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Thu., Mar. 27, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Fri., Mar. 28, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., Mar. 31, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

Photo

Fastest man in the NFL?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 HeathShuler

HeathShuler

The Waterboy

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:47 PM

I know Darrell had the title for years.. just wondering if anyone knew who the fastest were nowadays?

#2 redhog

redhog

The Waterboy

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:49 PM

Devin Hester in Chicago is a fast mofo

#3 Chachie

Chachie

The Franchise Player

• Members
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:58 PM

Tony Romo. :)

#4 No_Pressure

No_Pressure

The Pro Bowlers

• Members
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:58 PM

Hester looks like it, Pacman Jones is supposed to be one of the fastest, Terry Glenn, Santana/Sinorice Moss, DeAngelo Hall, Donte Stallworth, etc.

You would have to assemble those players and have a race or something, I dont know who won the ones at the pro bowl the last few years.

#5 SnyderMustGo

SnyderMustGo

The Backup

• Banned
  • 2,370 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:07 PM

Google works pretty well:

http://www.atlantafa...le.jsp?id=10834

For the second straight season, the Falcons can boast of having the "NFL's Fastest Man" on their roster.

Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall, making his first trip to Hawaii, bested three other speedsters in an exciting 40-yard-dash final.

Last season, Falcons KR/PR Allen Rossum ran away with the honor.

The 2006 competition featured eight NFL players known for their speed, with two preliminary heats of four runners per heat. The top two finishers from each heat advanced to the final round.

In his second of the first two heats, Hall and Jerome Mathis advanced, edging out Giants Pro Bowl special teamer David Tyree. In the first heat, Colts S Bob Sanders and Texans WR/KR Jerome Mathis finished ahead of Chargers CB/ST Hank Milligan and Bills P Brian Moorman.

The event final featured Hall versus three of the NFL's other premiere speed merchants: Smith, Mathis and Sanders.

Sprinting out of the gates to an early lead in the 40-yard sprint to the finish, Hall edged out Mathis by mere inches, laying claim the title of NFL's Fastest Man. In an odd twist, Hall and Mathis competed in high school track and field in their native Virginia.

#6 Tom [Giants fan]

Tom [Giants fan]

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 11,710 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:12 PM

For the second straight season, the Falcons can boast of having the "NFL's Fastest Man" on their roster.

Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall, making his first trip to Hawaii, bested three other speedsters in an exciting 40-yard-dash final.

The 2006 competition featured eight NFL players known for their speed, with two preliminary heats of four runners per heat. The top two finishers from each heat advanced to the final round.

In his second of the first two heats, Hall and Jerome Mathis advanced, edging out Giants Pro Bowl special teamer David Tyree. In the first heat, Colts S Bob Sanders and Texans WR/KR Jerome Mathis finished ahead of Chargers CB/ST Hank Milligan and Bills P Brian Moorman.

The event final featured Hall versus three of the NFL's other premiere speed merchants: Smith, Mathis and Sanders.

Sprinting out of the gates to an early lead in the 40-yard sprint to the finish, Hall edged out Mathis by mere inches, laying claim the title of NFL's Fastest Man. In an odd twist, Hall and Mathis competed in high school track and field in their native Virginia.

Dude, you're my hero.

Now, can you find me who the slowest man in the NFL is? :D

#7 Number5

Number5

The Cover Corner

• Members
  • 5,071 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:32 PM

']Dude, you're my hero.

Now, can you find me who the slowest man in the NFL is? :D

Roy Williams? :laugh:

#8 CPortJGibbs89

CPortJGibbs89

The Free Agent

• Members
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:34 PM

Roy Williams? :laugh:

AHAHAHA. I always thought Heath Shuler was a pretty fast mofo?? I hate D Hall hes a *****.

#9 CooleyKnight

CooleyKnight

The Special Teams Ace

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:41 PM

I can't help but notice your screen name is Heath Shuler and just joined this month. Thats hilarious, unless in fact you are Heath Shuler, and if that's the case where ya been?

#10 we_want_56

we_want_56

The Field Goal Team

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:48 PM

The Santana Man!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 HeathShuler

HeathShuler

The Waterboy

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:05 PM

I am indeed Heath Shuler and I'm here to save the Redskins franchise..

Yeaa just kidding, I don't think anybody would actually admit to being Heath, even the man himself.

#12 CooleyKnight

CooleyKnight

The Special Teams Ace

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:48 PM

Too bad, I thought that draft pick was finally going to pan out for the skins.

#13 the burgundy and gold

the burgundy and gold

The Bruiser

• Members
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:57 PM

i bet Hester could give D Hall a run for his money, if Ted Ginn comes to the NFL watch out for him. (yes i'm a buckeyes homer but still he can fly)

#14 jimster

jimster

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 10,753 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:22 PM

That was the year Darrell Green was down there and came in 2nd.

#15 BAFGA

BAFGA

The Free Agent

• Members
  • 4,796 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:47 AM

I am indeed Heath Shuler and I'm here to save the Redskins franchise..

Yeaa just kidding, I don't think anybody would actually admit to being Heath, even the man himself.

You mean Congressman Heath Shuler of the 11th district of North Carolina? I think you'll find him in DC now.

#16 G.A.C.O.L.B.

G.A.C.O.L.B.

The Cover Corner

• Members
  • 5,307 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:11 AM

In the first heat, Colts S Bob Sanders and Texans WR/KR Jerome Mathis finished ahead of Chargers CB/ST Hank Milligan and Bills P Brian Moorman.

Am I the only one who noticed that? A punter in the fastest man contest? WTF?

#17 IrishOrange15

IrishOrange15

The Rookie

• Members
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:11 AM

The problem with the NFL's Fastest Man competition is they only run a 30 yard dash and it doesn't include all of the players.

I'll personally take trained track runners over DeAngelo Hall every day of the week in a 100 meter dash (a true measure of speed). So give me guys like Santana Moss, Terence Newman, Jacques Reeves, Randall Williams, and I'd put money they'd blow away Hall in the 100 meters.

YAKUZA

#18 DeMarco Murray 29

DeMarco Murray 29

The Pro Bowlers

• Members
  • 8,424 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:29 AM

Depends on which way you mean the fasted. Track Speed or Football Game speed?

Track Speed, my money is on Randal Williams. Ran a 4.1 40 at Cowboys camp.

Game Speed wise, my $$ is on S.Moss Or T.New.

Whoever said Roy Williams is way off. Anthony Henry has a slower 40 time than Roy Williams does. :laugh:

#19 SkinsTerps26

SkinsTerps26

The Starter

• Members
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:53 AM

what about reggie bush? Hes a "fast mofo"

Odds are a starting CB or WR, trained in track, is the "fastest player"

Its a shame that title isn't as big as it used to be. I remember boasting that DG was the fastest man all the time.

#20 jasimpson

jasimpson

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 12:56 PM

Sean Taylor

#21 SackMachine

SackMachine

The Role Player

• Members
  • 954 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 01:05 PM

The slowest guy would have to be the Giants backup quarterback.

#22 ozskin

ozskin

The Backup

• Members
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 01:11 PM

I'd like to see what kind of times these guys could get over 100 meters against world standard athletes. The best wouldn't be far of I'd suspect.

#23 ozskin

ozskin

The Backup

• Members
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 01:12 PM

The slowest guy would have to be the Giants backup quarterback.

What a fat f###.

#24 Skin'emAlive

Skin'emAlive

The Role Player

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:13 PM

Dude.. dont mock the pillsbury throwboy. lol. I want to see him start as a qb in this league!

#25 DeMarco Murray 29

DeMarco Murray 29

The Pro Bowlers

• Members
  • 8,424 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:32 PM

what about reggie bush? Hes a "fast mofo"

Odds are a starting CB or WR, trained in track, is the "fastest player"

Its a shame that title isn't as big as it used to be. I remember boasting that DG was the fastest man all the time.

Well back when DG was the fastest man, it meant something. DG could fly and was an elite player.

Now a days, we have these people who run like the wind but can't even tie up their own football cleats.

My Coach Herman Boone ref. of the day. :D

#26 Jethrodsp

Jethrodsp

The Starter

• Members
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:48 PM

I don't think anybody would actually admit to being Heath, even the man himself.

Well he is a congressman now, so Im pretty sure hes happy with the work he has done.

#27 Tom [Giants fan]

Tom [Giants fan]

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 11,710 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 04:03 PM

Actually, he moves pretty well for a guys that size. Mock him all you want, if the Giants have a 3rd or 4th and 1, he can push the pile. Or he can give it to Jacobs. That is well over 500 pounds between the two of them. Maybe they move Lorenzen to FB. :D

#28 kevin11

kevin11

The Run Stopper

• Members
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 04:07 PM

']Actually, he moves pretty well for a guys that size. Mock him all you want, if the Giants have a 3rd or 4th and 1, he can push the pile. Or he can give it to Jacobs. That is well over 500 pounds between the two of them. Maybe they move Lorenzen to FB. :D

you should put him @ QB..he can't do any worse:laugh: :jk: