Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

That was a Vinny era uniform. That team no longer exists with the exception of Moss, Cooley and Alexander. I never cared for them as they look like practice uniforms....

I don't really associate uniforms with people, so the fact that Vinny happened to be here when we wore white on white doesn't bother me.

I never cared for them as they look like practice uniforms. Burgundy and Gold are our primary colors. I want to see us represent those colors on the uniform somewhere as the primary color.

Fair enough.

---------- Post added October-25th-2012 at 04:42 PM ----------

RG3 would look hella clean dusting fools in all white... just sayin :thumbsup:

Truth.

Time for the throwbacks!

I hardly ever post stuff from BR, but this is pretty good:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1391400-redskins-throwback-uniforms-breaking-down-washingtons-80th-anniversary-unis

Unveiled earlier this year, the Washington Redskins will finally wear their 80th anniversary throwback uniforms in Week 9 against the Carolina Panthers.

The uniforms are designed as a modernization of the team's 1937 uniforms, which was the year the Redskins moved from Boston to Washington, D.C.

They will also be worn in accordance with the franchise's "homecoming" celebration, where old players and coaches come back to FedEx Field to be honored.

Nonetheless, as we have seen in recent years, the unveiling of a throwback jersey oftentimes leads to widespread polarization of opinion. For every powder-blue San Diego Chargers look, there is, well, whatever the Pittsburgh Steelers wore last week.

How do these throwbacks grade out? Here is a look at a complete breakdown of the Redskins' 80th anniversary uniforms.

Helmet: 8/10

. . .

Follow the above link for the rest.

I love 'em. So do a lot of other people it seems.

PFT also has an article on this which calls them "one of the best throwback ensembles": http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/31/redskins-to-unveil-throwbacks-on-sunday/

Edited by s0crates

White on white started in the 03 season opener against the Jets if I remember correctly

Great game and good energy at FedEx that night. My wife had to get John Hall's autograph after the win. :) I think it was one of the first Thursday night openers.

---------- Post added November-1st-2012 at 08:27 AM ----------

Time for the throwbacks!

I hardly ever post stuff from BR, but this is pretty good:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1391400-redskins-throwback-uniforms-breaking-down-washingtons-80th-anniversary-unis

Love the "leather" helmets.....I need to get a mini helmet to add to my collection.

Uniporm for you...

Here are this week's throwbacks, made to look (somewhat) like the 1937 uniforms with leather helmets:

kerrigan-orakpo.jpg

AskjbANCEAAH4Ke.jpg

Skins-throwback-2.jpg

The helmets are patterned to look like the leather helmets from the era:

Redskins_Helmet.jpg

(Note: The red shoe at the bottom of this photo is not part of the uniform. ;)

Guest Spearfeather

When the 80th Anniversary uniforms were first unveiled. the two things that jumped out at me, were the pants and of course the helmets. I thought, yeah, the 1937 helmets were leather but they were also gold.

1937_Washington.png

I thought: Why didn't they just use gold? But, if they wanted to emphasize the " old school " look, I think it makes more sense to use the natural brown leather coloring, so you know THIS IS LEATHER.

Then, that shade of gold for the pants?. Why that? Why not use the gold that they actually wore with the 1937 uniforms, that were the inspiration for the " 80th ", ( although there are subtle differences between these and the 1994 throwbacks. With the '94 throwbacks, both logo patches faced forward. The 1937 and and our " 80th " have both patches facing to the right ). After looking at our uniforms from our earliest years ( '32, '33, '34, '35 ), the pants actually make sense, as it looks like a nod to the years when the franchise was in Boston.

1932_Boston.png 1932 1933_Boston.png 1933

1934_Boston.png 1934 1935_Boston.png 1935 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVBNO0Vxcw5_V5ylvz5U_E-cLUJrdbMS6yNOjQlyR4NxQrgESGXA

In 1936, they went to this:

1936_Boston.png

before coming to Washington the following year.

And if your wondering about the colors of the Braves in 1932, there's this short thread from five years ago:http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?228888-WOW!!!We-were-NOT-originally-the-quot-Boston-Braves-quot-but-rather-the-quot-Newark-Tornadoes-quot-!!/page2

Colorwerx list the 1932 Braves as: Blue, gold, and white.

The 1930 Newark Tornadoes as: Navy, orange, and white.

Looking forward to seeing these in person on Sunday, along with a decisive beatdown of the Panthers,

Edited by Spearfeather

• 2 weeks later...
I would love for this team to go back to the tradition of wearing white shirts and burgundy pants at home and only wearing burgundy shirts and white pants on occassion. They can throw the gold pants in the trash.

Maybe I'm superstitious but I feel like it's impossible fo us to win unless we wear the white jersey and burgundy pants. Look throughout Redskins history and there seems to be a correlation between the amount of games we win and the unis we wear. Bring back the white jersey and burgundy pants...or at the very least the white on whites. We won with those too...